This is how you build a culture!

GBOplayer

I mean, Butch did the same thing and the players reacted the same way, but ok. It's become a thing to ridiculously overreact to things or events. They aren't really that excited, it's an act. A bit juvenile, I know. No one, especially young football players should be surprised by alternate uniforms. It's become pretty common.

The only culture I want to see is one of confidence which comes from winning.

Curious, what USC traditions did Kiffin bring to Knoxville?

I mean, Butch did the same thing and the players reacted the same way, but ok. It's become a thing to ridiculously overreact to things or events. They aren't really that excited, it's an act. A bit juvenile, I know. No one, especially young football players should be surprised by alternate uniforms. It's become pretty common.

1633705852430.gif

Kiffin did the wild boys usc hype chant. He put posters of usc guys all around the athletic department. Video monitors constantly played usc highlights.

Winning is paramount. Wear any color you want and it won't matter if you don't win.

Has Alabama changed their unis lately?

From a "branding" perspective, it doesn't make sense.

From a "player motivation" perspective, perhaps it does.
From a purely economic perspective, how many of the same old crimson jerseys does the typical mouth breather buy every year? I'd bet some still wear the same jersey they bought when Namath was there. I'd like to see the numbers of where Alabama jersey sales are the highest. Probably most of their sales are fair weather fans with no allegiance to their own brand. Put an alt out there and their local sales will go through the roof along with the fair weather fans.

Heupel said in his Thursday presser that the players asked for them in his very first meeting with them. So if I had to take a guess, you are just a butt hurt blue hair who has not a clue....maybe you will tell me to sit down I'm blocking your view Saturday 😘

Well well, found it hard to bitch this past week and this is all you could come up with?

You cannot possibly watch that and think it's an act...because if you do you have confirmed you are not that smart.

Has Alabama changed their unis lately?
From a "branding" perspective, it doesn't make sense.
From a "player motivation" perspective, perhaps it does.

It may be as simple as this:
I'm 66, so all my formative memories associate the traditional orange & white with winning.
For today's players, those colors have mostly been associated with mediocrity.

Our players want to make Tennessee winners. Adding the word "again" to the end of that sentence is not part of their history.

D449F290-003D-48B5-ACD9-294EA431CA77.gif

Heupel said in his Thursday presser that the players asked for them in his very first meeting with them. So if I had to take a guess, you are just a butt hurt blue hair who has not a clue....maybe you will tell me to sit down I'm blocking your view Saturday 😘
Why are you mad?

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Well well, found it hard to bitch this past week and this is all you could come up with?

Not at all. That's a strange conclusion. I am merely commenting on the OP's thread about the team's reaction to new uniforms being "building culture.". I don't feel that alternative uniforms are "culture." A positive culture on an athletic team comes from positive results on the field, not new uniforms. Just my opinion, not bitching. I couldn't care less about alternate uniforms.

Thanks for letting us know how the players really feel and how juvenile it is. Your arrogance and condescending attitude is astounding. I bet you're fun at parties.

VN Store

Back