‘21 NY PG Zakai Zeigler (Tennessee Signee)

Obviously a signing of opportunity not desperation. This early entry gets him into the program, fills a defensive need we had no answer for with speed guards, and if nothing else can provide a scout team guy for us to practice against that is hard to come by. It is unusual for a guy this size to be an impact, but not impossible if his speed is real and his accuracy transfer to the P5 level.... Time will tell. The kid has moxie and I will be watching with interest. He adds speed at the point we did not have to go with some guys that do at all the other positions.

Obviously a signing of opportunity not desperation. This early entry gets him into the program, fills a defensive need we had no answer for with speed guards, and if nothing else can provide a scout team guy for us to practice against that is hard to come by. It is unusual for a guy this size to be an impact, but not impossible if his speed is real and his accuracy transfer to the P5 level.... Time will tell. The kid has moxie and I will be watching with interest. He adds speed at the point we did not have to go with some guys that do at all the other positions.
He also shoots the 3 ball very well. We have needed 50% shooter from the 3 for a while. May win a close ball game for us at an important time in a tight game.

He also shoots the 3 ball very well. We have needed 50% shooter from the 3 for a while. May win a close ball game for us at an important time in a tight game.

50% gonna be tough. Lofton averaged 42% for his career. I doubt any player ever averaged 50% for a career, maybe a single season.

50% gonna be tough. Lofton averaged 42% for his career. I doubt any player ever averaged 50% for a career, maybe a single season.
Think I saw 57% was a record, don’t remember if for a season or career. 40% would be exceptional :)

U all don't see how built he is ? That's why he took the shirt off, power and speed, good shot, plays defense, plays in NYC and AAU/Peach Jam, just balls out. Love this kid, no predictions, bTo will get on to me

Historically, the Vols have done well with players from New York.
ZZZ looks like a potential phenom.

Yea…I think my ideal setup is with 13 scholarships to have say 4-5 “one and dones/5 stars” and 8-9 program guys.
The problem now is how few guys are willing to stay in a program if they’re not in the rotation. You’ve known you are likely to lose the 1&D types after 1 or 2 seasons, but now the 3stars are likely to hit the portal after a couple years. Roster management is becoming like coaching junior college.

Reactions: germanicus
The problem now is how few guys are willing to stay in a program if they’re not in the rotation. You’ve known you are likely to lose the 1&D types after 1 or 2 seasons, but now the 3stars are likely to hit the portal after a couple years. Roster management is becoming like coaching junior college.
NCAA is likely to implement compensation for transfers, so yes, it will be free agency. Honesty in recruiting will never be more important.

It’s why I have no issues with guys like Tamba/Plav…they have some local ties, are great students and want to be here, yes they want to play but they likely aren’t looking to bolt and definitely aren’t going to cause any issues if they aren’t getting PT.

Love it!

Also think it’s funny he follows RTT.

This surprised me, too.

But it makes sense. RTT is really just an aggregate source that sorta filters together Tennessee news for somebody who doesn't have time to ingest it from a million other places on his or her own.

VN Store

Back