The Official Missouri Zone Game Thread

I have no idea what to expect tomorrow.

Two bad to mediocre teams will play. One will win, one will lose.

Given Mizzou's awful run D, I like our chances but Mizzou has a huge advantage at the most important position on the field (QB).

I still say good chance against Mizzou, USCe, and even UK.

I'm glad the games will actually be played until just saying 4-8 or 5-7 on paper and waiting for next year.

I still think this team wins a game or two it shouldn't.

Honest take on HH is that he is decent. He has the ability to make plays with his legs which is a good thing because our OL has pass pro issues. He has 7 TDs passing to only one INT I believe. He has also scored one TD rushing. I suspect he will only get better with more starts like most QBs. The OL has to give him time though and the running game needs to be clicking. I am bullish on our chances tomorrow. GBO!!!!

Below are his stats so far.

1633108965162.png

Last edited:
Honest take on HH is that he is decent. He has the ability to make plays with his legs which is a good thing because our OL has pass pro issues. He has 7 TDs passing to only one INT I believe. He has also scored one TD rushing. I suspect he will only get better with more starts like most QBs. The OL has to give him time though and the running game needs to be clicking. I am bullish on our chances tomorrow. GBO!!!!
Receivers HAVE to stop dropping balls, too.

There were a couple of FF posts talking about how HH would not go into that game last year because he was "cold." Anyone who saw him on the sidelines could see there was something SERIOUSLY wrong with him that day. I thought he was having seizures or going into anaphylaxis, for real. I don't remember if I watched that game live or DVRd it (work with a lot of VPI fans and watch them quite a bit when UT is not playing). I've NEVER seen a player like that on the sidelines. Something BAD happened health-wise that day.

Do we even know all the details of the medical condition we keep hearing about, the one that coincided with his transfer from Tech?

I think he's a good player. I thought he was the best QB on the roster when he first transferred here and expected him to be the starter against BGSU. I still think he's the best QB on the roster, based on what we've seen the past two seasons. Literally ALL the Tech fans I know who have sense are sad he's gone. Those are the minority of Tech fans, by the way. HA

Last edited:

Below are his stats so far.

View attachment 398560
He sure gets tackled a lot in the open for a guy who is supposed to be elusive. but who knows maybe Hypel will work his magic and he’ll transform into an SEC level QB.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
He is not Dobbs that is for sure. He does give us the best chance to win out of the 3 QBs we have IMO.
Whether people want to admit or not, he is probably the second best QB we've had since Bray. Dobbs is ahead of him, of course.

He sure gets tackled a lot in the open for a guy who is supposed to be elusive. but who knows maybe Hypel will work his magic and he’ll transform into an SEC level QB.
Who told you he was supposed to be that?

Bottom line: he is not Michael Vick. That was always his hype and expectations. Therefore, most VPI fans see him through a skewed lens. HH NEVER had the defense or ST play traditionally associated with VPI. You say your friends talk about his "choking," but he is not Vick and he was put into some Godawful situations of having to outscore opponents, which is not the way the more talented Vick had to play.

He is not a great QB. He probably will never be a great QB. He is not JG either. I was glad when we got him.

Who told you he was supposed to be that?

Bottom line: he is not Michael Vick. That was always his hype and expectations. Therefore, most VPI fans see him through a skewed lens. HH NEVER had the defense or ST play traditionally associated with VPI. You say your friends talk about his "choking," but he is not Vick and he was put into some Godawful situations of having to outscore opponents, which is not the way the more talented Vick had to play.

He is not a great QB. He probably will never be a great QB. He is not JG either. I was glad when we got him.
At this point he does appear to be the best we have.
I’m just saying that unless Hypel can do to one of these guys what Kiffen did to Crompton then we’re still in need of a QB.

I've got a strong feeling about the outcome of this game but I don't want to put a jeanks on it so I'll wait til it's a final before I reveal if my feeling was correct.

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I'm not going to get much work done after 12 today

VN Store

Back