2022 Army game bought out (merged)

Our past doesn’t excuse our present or future. Our administration is actively seeking to weaken what was already a pathetic OOC schedule. We’ll see if those Oklahoma games remain on the schedule, particularly with them joining the SEC.
It’s the same model we’ve always used - 1 P5 game and 3 cupcakes.

I wonder what inky thinks of this.

Here’s a guy who ended his career making a play against Air Force. I know he has said several times Tennessee doesn’t back down to anyone, Tennessee takes the back seat to no school. Unfortunately, I don’t think our current AD or HC thinks the same. Or rumor has it this cancellation happened under Pruitt’s watch??

Me personally, I think it is disrespectful on so many levels to cancel the game against Army, regardless of reason.
I am confident that all past and current players would want to play Army. The fact that every college sports talk show in America is making fun of us should have every player looking at the Coach going WTF?

It’s the same model we’ve always used - 1 P5 game and 3 cupcakes.
We’re scheduling powder puff Power 5 teams. 2022 is an absolute joke of an OOC schedule, and the administration weakened it further this week.

I am confident that all past and current players would want to play Army. The fact that every college sports talk show in America is making fun of us should have every player looking at the Coach going WTF?
Recruits will definitely take note.

I spent 4+ hours listening to sports talk radio this afternoon in the car. It wasn’t remotely on anybody’s radar.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
So you were so excited to play Army? I’m calling bull$hit on that right now!
I’m saying that Army was already part of a marshmallow soft OOC schedule, and our administration thought it was still too onerous and weakened it further.

You and PG1 are winning the snowflake award.
Lol. You guys are defending this abomination because we need 100% sure-fire, iron-clad locks for every single OOC game so we can try to squeak out a 0.500 record so we’re bowl eligible. You‘re arguing that everbody needs a trophy, and you’re calling us snowflakes. That’s rich.

Last edited:
I’m saying that Army was already part of a marshmallow soft OOC schedule, and our administration thought it was still too onerous and weakened it further.

Give your proof that the administration thought it was onerous to play Army.

We’re scheduling powder puff Power 5 teams. 2022 is an absolute joke of an OOC schedule, and the administration weakened it further this week.
These games are scheduled years out and we’ve got no idea who will be good or bad. We’ve played Oregon, Oklahoma, Va Tech, Ga Tech, West Virginia, and BYU recently. We’vegot Pitt, Oklahoma, Syracuse, Nebraska, WVU again and others in the next several years.

This is dumb.

Lol. While you guys are defending this abomination because we need 100% sure-fire, iron- clad locks for every single OOC game so we can try to squeak out a 0.500 record so we’re bowl eligible. You‘re arguing that everbody needs a trophy, and you’re calling Us snowflakes. That’s rich.

You are the one making a big deal about nothing. You offer zero proof and priced only conjecture filled nonsense. Your posts shows the narrative being pushed. Now you are upset because it’s been called out for being what it is. Ridiculous.

Reactions: wmcovol
Do recruits take notice when Bama schedules Mercer and Citadel? Or how about when Clemson schedules Woffard, Charlotte or Citadel? Your take on this situation is completely insane.
We don’t have even ONE decent OOC opponent on our 2022 schedule. in contrast, Bama has Utah State and Texas in 2022. It’s not 5he fact that we have a weak team on our OOC schedule. It’s the fact that all we have is cupcakes on our entie OOC schedule in 2022. We don’t have ONE single quality OOC opponent next year.

These games are scheduled years out and we’ve got no idea who will be good or bad. We’ve played Oregon, Oklahoma, Va Tech, Ga Tech, West Virginia, and BYU recently. We’vegot Pitt, Oklahoma, Syracuse, Nebraska, WVU again and others in the next several years.

This is dumb.
Really, GAVol? You’re usually better than this. Please tell me which of our OOC opponents on the 2022 schedule were expected to be worth a damn when we scheduled them, and what was the basis for that assesment of quality.

We don’t have even ONE decent OOC opponent on our 2022 schedule. in contrast, Bama has Utah State and Texas in 2022. It’s not 5he fact that we have a weak team on our OOC schedule. It’s the fact that all we have is cupcakes on our entie OOC schedule in 2022. We don’t have ONE single quality OOC opponent next year.
When did Utah State become a big time opponent?

Bunch of dumb dumbs in this thread lol 😂. Hey guys let’s play Army and get our entire defensive line injured before we play Florida….

Oh wait…. Our Athletic director finally does something smart for once and now people are saying “Tennessee is scared” lol 😂 the FF is something else.

Really, GAVol? You’re usually better than this. Please tell me which of our OOC opponents on the 2022 schedule were expected to be worth a damn when we scheduled them, and what was the basis for that assesment of quality.
I have no earthly idea when the game got scheduled and I doubt it ever had anything to do with how good we projected Pitt to be 7 years into the future. Just like I’m sure they probably thought BYU would be an easy out and then years later, they showed up with a 1st round draft pick at QB.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL

We are literally in a rebuild and you want us to play a “quality” out of conference opponent lol 😂 why so we could or could not possibly lose? Then get made fun of even more?

How about we schedule those “quality” out of conference opponents when we actually have our full allotment of scholarship players instead of being down 30+….

Also, how about we focus on actually beating our SEC opponents…. out of conference opponents don’t matter

We are literally in a rebuild and you want us to play a “quality” out of conference opponent lol 😂 why so we could or could not possibly lose? Then get made fun of even more?

How about we schedule those “quality” out of conference opponents when we actually have our full allotment of scholarship players instead of being down 30+….

Also, how about we focus on actually beating our SEC opponents…. out of conference opponents don’t matter
So, you agree with me that it’s an absolute garbage schedule, but you’re okay with that because UT needs a trophy.

@Pitt? They’re a legitimate P5 team. I’m not saying they’re great but they are a competitive program especially since they beat Tennessee 2 weeks ago.

I wonder what inky thinks of this.

Here’s a guy who ended his career making a play against Air Force. I know he has said several times Tennessee doesn’t back down to anyone, Tennessee takes the back seat to no school. Unfortunately, I don’t think our current AD or HC thinks the same. Or rumor has it this cancellation happened under Pruitt’s watch??

Me personally, I think it is disrespectful on so many levels to cancel the game against Army, regardless of reason.

VN Store

Back