Milton named starter

No kidding. My point is that HB is probably the most accurate passer of the 3. He doesn't have the wheels the other 2 have and im sure that's why he's riding the pine. I'd love if Milton could hit some deep throws. Otherwise Defenses sell out to stop the run.

He’s not the most accurate passer among the 3. There’s zero reason to think that.

Practice experience doesn't equate with game experience. I hope Milton and Hooker learn how to not over-throw WIDE OPEN receivers by 10 yards...otherwise why even try?
If you don't perform well enough in practice to at least be the 2nd you're not getting much in game opportunities so I really don't understand what expect them to do

Reactions: MKEvol
If our backups can't beat out Milton they should be banned from the gane of football. Never allowed to play, coach, or even comment on the gane of football.

Hendon Hooker is a senior and Milton has 3 years. I hope Milton can figure it out because no one is coming next year to save the day unless someone transfer in.

You’re setting up a false premise. I don’t base my opinion of Josh Heupel’s ability to evaluate and develop a QB on UT’s performance over the last 15 years. That would be moronic. A person with any sense would base their opinion Josh Heupel’s ability on the things Josh Heupel has done. And he’s been a QB wizard.

It’s strange that this has to be explained.
So many base things on the former coaches, and now it's too the point some wouldn't give the Bear or Lombardi time to fix things. 3 games in and some are ready to blame everything on the coach and staff. I agree, I am going to trust our coaches with the qb situation. Our team is fighting hard and playing hard, we are due to play a good complete game with few penalties or turnovers. Our offense is due to start clicking better, flashes here and there. Maybe it starts coming together saturday. GBO!!!!!

Reactions: RhodesVol
The fanbase has lost its mind over this QB battle.

Yeah, the whole Jarrett Guarantano saga broke the Vol fanbase with respect to QBs. And moreover, I would say the fans feel the QB position has, with the exception of Josh Dobbs, been inconsistent for over a decade. The last QB to lead a Tennessee team to an appearance in the SECCG was Erik Ainge in 2007 - also the last time Tennessee won ten games. So rightly or wrongly, I think I could sum up the emotional state of Vols fans as - "is this really the best Tennessee can do at quarterback?"

So, I get it. I understand why they're going nuts, even if I don't feel particularly care to go nuts myself.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
He’s got 3 weak options. Hooker is proving to be a turnover machine thus far. And Bailey? He’s not the guy.

Turnover machine or not, he's still the best option to move the offense and put points on the board.

The first half of the Pitt game is what happens when you fail to capitalize on scoring opportunities and then screw around on defense for an entire quarter.

Reactions: vols 30
You’re setting up a false premise. I don’t base my opinion of Josh Heupel’s ability to evaluate and develop a QB on UT’s performance over the last 15 years. That would be moronic. A person with any sense would base their opinion Josh Heupel’s ability on the things Josh Heupel has done. And he’s been a QB wizard.

It’s strange that this has to be explained.
Heupel is an expert on QB play. Lots of our fans are apparently experts on watching BAD QB play. So they think that’s the same thing.

It’s entirely possible he was handed a flaming bag of crap at the QB position. His 3 most experienced QBs transferred, 2 of them before he was even named coach. He inherited Hooker, who was a better fit than “can’t miss” Bailey. With about zero QBs on the market, he grabs Milton on short notice. We can agree it hasn’t worked out for the whopping 6 quarters he’s played. But I give coach credit for trying to turn chicken crap into chicken salad. If there is someone who can turn this into something serviceable, it’s Heupel.

Turnover machine or not, he's still the best option to move the offense and put points on the board.

The first half of the Pitt game is what happens when you fail to capitalize on scoring opportunities and then screw around on defense for an entire quarter.
Those 3 turnovers and Hooker choosing to hand the ball off on 4th and 1 hurt an awful lot. There is not an obvious, risk-free choice with any of the QBs.

Reactions: T2P_Priceless

VN Store

Back