Milton named starter

True, but doesn't it feel like there is better flow when he is back there over Milton
He looks better on the RPOs and knows where to go with the ball, but he’s got to get those ball security issues under control; especially as the schedule gets harder. .

Milton has that arm though. He gets the ball on the perimeter as quick as any QB I’ve ever seen.

I feel like the offense is more on the same page with Milton running the O. We seem to look to the sideline less and get the plays called faster. The deep misses are bad, but it seems that none of our QBs can hit it. I feel like Hooker has played well and has better running ability, but Milton has been sneaky good in running with the ball, as well. A lot of Hooker’s best plays were short throws where the WR made plays in space to break for big yardage. But, he has also made some big plays on his own with his arm & feet. I think if Milton can *finally* connect on a couple deep passes, we can soften up the Gators’ D for the run game and medium-range passes.

It’s pretty much a wash between Milton & Hooker to me. Milton has better protected the ball, while Hooker has made better plays while giving up the ball more. Bailey still has a lot of developing to do, but hopefully in a couple seasons he will be ready to be the guy, if he’s not jumped on the depth chart by a Heupel recruit like Tayven Jackson.

Unfortunately, with today’s transfer portal, it will be more difficult to keep QBs and actually develop them if they think they can go elsewhere and start immediately.

Based on the last 15 years, I'm not sure why anyone is invested in a UT coach

You’re setting up a false premise. I don’t base my opinion of Josh Heupel’s ability to evaluate and develop a QB on UT’s performance over the last 15 years. That would be moronic. A person with any sense would base their opinion Josh Heupel’s ability on the things Josh Heupel has done. And he’s been a QB wizard.

It’s strange that this has to be explained.

He looks better on the RPOs and knows where to go with the ball, but he’s got to get those ball security issues under control; especially as the schedule gets harder. .

Milton has that arm though. He gets the ball on the perimeter as quick as any QB I’ve ever seen.

It's the only aspect of his game that he does consistently well. SEC DCs will dare Heupel to try and rely on those throws alone and play close to the line and force him to throw long and more likely than not, errant.

Hooker doesn't go into Swamp and win. We are a 5-6 win team with him at QB1 at best. If Milton gets right, we can win 8-9 game.
CJH is playing the long game, too. Hooker just has this year. Hopefully light comes on for Milton sooner than later.
He’s playing the long game and wins this year are irrelevant in that game.
JMO.

Hooker doesn't go into Swamp and win. We are a 5-6 win team with him at QB1 at best. If Milton gets right, we can win 8-9 game.
CJH is playing the long game, too. Hooker just has this year. Hopefully light comes on for Milton sooner than later.
Crack is a dangerous drug. We don't win 8 or 9 games with Brady at qb for the rest of the season.

Bailey hasn't been given a fair shake to improve....has he practiced with the 1's at all? If you practice with the 3's you will not get better...in fact, you probably get worse. I hope HB sticks around.
Yeah……I mean it’s not like an underclass man playing with backups has ever gotten better.

Reactions: GordonC
So his project that hits those throws in practice but not on game day is supposed to go on the road and suddenly “lightbulb”….? Does he believe the same in the OL getting a push? Does he believe the same in the DL creating pressure? Or the WRs catching the ball?

This team is so far from winning on the road.

Reactions: allvol123
Doing it wrong, it’s:

WHY?!?!? DEAR LORD WHY?!?!
Because the dude won the starting job in camp and hasn't done anything to lose it. He's back from injury. Time will tell. Hooker hasn't done anything yet to prove he's the alpha dog over Milton. Maybe one day.

Sorry, but I'm not buying that.

If Milton came out against BG and played like 2010 Cam Newton v 2.0 and continued thatvfor the remainder of the season, he would be gone after this year anyway.

VN Store

Back