Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
New nugs: All injured players seem fine heading into Florida week except Joe who was off to the side doing bike work….will let everyone know if he practices this week and who it looks like will start.

He would need to start practicing by tomorrow wouldn't he to play Saturday? By Wednesday the latest to get in some practice reps I would think.

Nobody's giving up on Milton. It was anticipated that injuries would be an issue for UT this year-- and they already are. Some guys will be playing dinged up as long as they can go and be rested when they can. We just don't have quality depth, and it's a long season with winnable games ahead. They can plan for two QBs and try to keep Bailey from portaling-- and they expected to do that.
It would be silly to give up on Milton now. Imo give him Florida (if healthy) and he will answer the question for you. If he plays well he’s your guy, if not give Hooker the next few games.

Did he not tell us we have 9 or 10 offensive lineman in the offseason?
If you know anything about coaching, he was trying to make our guys believe they could compete with anyone in the SEC. He was just attempting to build up their confidence-----nothing more.

I think that’s an over simplification. People wanted to see HB because Hooker can’t pass.

We sorta got to see him on Saturday. He didn’t look very good. He was also playing behind Parker ball and all freshman OL and throwing to receivers ive never heard of.

He still moves too slow in the pocket and if he’s ever going to be a player he needs to get that fixed

I don't think garbage time with 3rd string OL is a good measurable to gage Bailey also since that was the first time he has seen game action since last year. Our only hope is if one our QB finally click and I am losing hope on that one. lol

On the flip side, it's probably not considered odd at all to look at your sister naked, in case you're ever in that situation!

(that's an Arkansas joke, I'm not trying to infer that you have an inappropriate relationship with your sister)
There are lots of better ways to word an arkansas incest joke lol

There are lots of better ways to word an arkansas incest joke lol
Yes, I'm sure. My favorite one (almost always told with an Alabama slant):

You know how you can tell if an Alabama girl is a virgin? She can outrun her brothers.

OK, OK, back to family-friendly programming. Sorry everyone!

Apparently the WR’s are hitting the big plays in practice. What’s the difference between there and games??

Are they running vastly different routes in practice than in games? Or (the more likely scenario IMO) is the QB is over throwing them?
I believe some of the blame for the overthrows has to be the defense in practice is much different that the defense in actual games. The game just has to slow down for Milton and then maybe he can connect on those throws.

For the life of me, I'm done with dragging our QB's down. It's making this place miserable. All I know is what I saw in person on Saturday, and that was a QB that did what he should have done against an outmanned opponent with an understaffed OL.

Peace out, y'all. You can have this miserable place.

No man don't go. Of course I don't come on as much as I use to either.

When Milton arrived nearly every talking head that covers practice, including AP who seems to know more than anyone else who covers the team, was saying HB or Joe. That obviously changed in fall camp but it is beyond disingenuous to say he was third in spring before Milton even got here. Maurer was never in this competition

It was so obvious from the moment that Joe stepped foot on campus that CH was all in with Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back