Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not this year. The fans are already gone, there’s 20-30,000 empty seats per game. His team would lose to those teams by 30-50 anyways. And his job is secure for at least half a decade regardless of what he does.

Just make a bowl for the extra practices.
So do you tell the team “we are packing it in this week” before or after they read off the Maxims??

Surely you don’t think it’ll be that bad
Depends on who we’re playing. I think UF will be a 49-20 type game similar to 07. We hang close for a half then they blow the doors open in the second.

Bama will boat race us, they always win around 49-10ish against us

Ole Miss will be around 62-35 considering neither team is good at defense

UGA will be like the USC game this past Saturday.

Not this year. The fans are already gone, there’s 20-30,000 empty seats per game. His team would lose to those teams by 30-50 anyways. And his job is secure for at least half a decade regardless of what he does.

Just make a bowl for the extra practices.
We haven’t played any SEC schools and our games have been at noon.. it will look a lot different at Neyland once we get into the SEC schedule

Depends on who we’re playing. I think UF will be a 49-20 type game similar to 07. We hang close for a half then they blow the doors open in the second.

Bama will boat race us, they always win around 49-10ish against us

Ole Miss will be around 62-35 considering neither team is good at defense

UGA will be like the USC game this past Saturday.
Let’s play the games and see

Trying to win games that we know we will lose by 30-50 points could hurt us down the line vs teams that could make us bowl eligible if we’re healthy. Gotta see the long game fella

Pros: maybe we save some bodies and energy for winnable games, and make a bowl. Getting to a bowl could be good for recruiting.

Cons: conceding games, especially "rivalries", will negatively impact the brand and negatively impact recruiting. But we might not make a bowl if we incur injuries or go into winnable games limping.

Catch-22

If we manage to come back above 500 after these two road games that South Carolina crowd will be big I think.
It’s two weeks away and a lot can happen between now and then, but it would be surprising (and impressive) to me if we can flip the switch and beat Missouri after getting pushed around by Florida.

This whole board thought we were going 3-9 after we lost to Georgia State and BYU. Same thing is happening this year and we’re 2-1 with a better coaching staff
I am not saying you are wrong - you very well could be right. But what evidence do you have to suggest this coaching staff is better than the last?

Again, I am not flaming, trolling or looking for an argument. I just want to know what you see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back