Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taylor Lewan “tweaked something” in walk through. I said WALK THROUGH. He was wearing shorts a T-shirt. Titans OL is in trouble.

D. Taylor “WGWTFA”
Nah whats his name will do fine 😊

Edit: sambrailo is who I was thinking of. So we should be GREAT

Reactions: ugg
We have one QB, who overthrows everybody.
One who cant hold on to the ball
One who cant move the ball against TN Tech
They just played Bama stupid close.
And half of the usable offensive lineman we have are injured
Dont be a homer man
What’s up with everyone so negative on Hooker? He led us to 42 offensive points in 3 quarters of play in his first start in a new system with a duct tape OL. He made plays when they weren’t there and has great elusiveness to extend plays.

He did what he should have done and met expectations. IMO, he did enough to earn the start next week.

We also need to defend Florida like they would us.

Load the box, press their receivers, and jump all over the short routes. Make them throw deep to win
Unfortunately, I have a feeling I know what we will do… Sit back in zone so that we can watch the quarterback in case he tries to run and we will get picked apart. We are not a zone defense. Banks need to take his chances playing aggressive the whole game with man to man and having a spy on the quarterback.

What’s up with everyone so negative on Hooker? He led us to 42 offensive points in 3 quarters of play in his first start in a new system with a duct tape OL. He made plays when they weren’t there and has great elusiveness to extend plays.

He did what he should have done and met expectations. IMO, he did enough to earn the start next week.
He just isn’t good for SEC play. That’s why nobody wants to see him. He sucks for what we are about to face. You’ll see Saturday

He just isn’t good for SEC play. That’s why nobody wants to see him. He sucks for what we are about to face. You’ll see Saturday
But he can move the chains. I’ll take the mistakes versus what we’ve had for the past four years.

Sheesh. Y’all talk like we’ve had Peyton here since Dobbs left. Hooker is easily the best we’ve had since Dobbs. And if Milton can reduce the amperage on the throws, he’s even better.

We’ve finally got an offense scoring points for the first time since 2016 and this is the most negativity I’ve seen on this board in a long time. It could be worse. It could be way worse…like it’s been very recently.

Turnovers, Turnover, Turnovers.... He's good for at least one a game.

So the suggestion is to play... who? Right now I think it's pretty obvious he's the best player to lead the O. That doesn't mean he's the "best QB"
For us to be successful, it’s okay Milton. If he can’t connect on anything dee Saturday, I’ll hop of the train. But as of now, he gives the best chance for us to compete in SEC play. We’ll only beat Vandy and maybe UK if Hooker is the qb

Reactions: Brillovol
But he can move the chains. I’ll take the mistakes versus what we’ve had for the past four years.

Sheesh. Y’all talk like we’ve had Peyton here since Dobbs left. Hooker is easily the best we’ve had since Dobbs. And if Milton can reduce the amperage on the throws, he’s even better.

We’ve finally got an offense scoring points for the first time since 2016 and this is the most negativity I’ve seen on this board in a long time. It could be worse. It could be way worse…like it’s been very recently.
I agree but disagree. Hooker can’t stretch the field and our oline isn’t good enough to beat SEC teams by only running the ball. Don’t compare ours tk UK when they did that because their oline was much better. We need Milton to stretch the field end of story

I know I’m in the minority here but I for one am glad that I see a TN team playing hard, playing together, playing to win, making halftime adjustments and being well prepared…we aren’t where we need to be but we certainly aren’t where we used to be…QB is certainly an issue, depth in numerous places & playing with a short handed roster…I support CJH and think he was done very well with what he has and the hand he has been dealt…GBO
You aren’t in the minority.

It’s cause he’s willing to take the risks. Same as Clausen, Peyton, etc. All good for a turnover per game at least.

Quit thinking like Pruitt and be willing to take the risks.
I'm not thinking like Pruitt. Go look at his VT stats. -2 in the TO category won't get you anywhere

I agree but disagree. Hooker can’t stretch the field and our oline isn’t good enough to beat SEC teams by only running the ball. Don’t compare ours tk UK when they did that because their oline was much better. We need Milton to stretch the field end of story
I mean he tossed it down field more accurately than Milton. What more can you ask for?

Last edited:
Reactions: BennesseeVols
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back