Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
JH is definitely the most likeable coach since Fulmer... the staff seems to compliment his style well... I just hope we can figure out the QB situation and build in areas of need. I like how this team plays, which is a direct result of the coaching staff. I am beginning to think that if we can get some quality and depth in a few areas, we are about to be dangerous AF in a year or two...

I know I’m in the minority here but I for one am glad that I see a TN team playing hard, playing together, playing to win, making halftime adjustments and being well prepared…we aren’t where we need to be but we certainly aren’t where we used to be…QB is certainly an issue, depth in numerous places & playing with a short handed roster…I support CJH and think he was done very well with what he has and the hand he has been dealt…GBO
Post more, like your optimism. Lord knows this board needs it

I think Milton starts on Saturday but will have a short leash. I think Milton gives us the best chance to pull the upset if he gets things figured out. But if he doesn't then Hooker gives us the best chance to keep it respectable.

Reactions: KPT_VFL
It’s amazing how teams like Ole Miss can just rebound fairly quickly in a tougher division when they have far less success as a program than us in total. Just proves if you can get a QB you can overachieve. Why can’t we ever do that?
It’s the first year. And they have elite QB. Once JH gets his QB we will be ok. Always make the biggest jump with a new staff from year one to year two,

Think the wr share some of the blame for the qb's holding the ball too long. Having been limited to only television, are they getting separation in the games? gators db's are physical so getting separation will be crucial to opening up the passing game.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Think the wr share some of the blame for the qb's holding the ball too long. Having been limited to only television, are they getting separation in the games? gators db's are physical so getting separation will be crucial to opening up the passing game.
Multiple times vs Pitt they were running free.

I know I’m in the minority here but I for one am glad that I see a TN team playing hard, playing together, playing to win, making halftime adjustments and being well prepared…we aren’t where we need to be but we certainly aren’t where we used to be…QB is certainly an issue, depth in numerous places & playing with a short handed roster…I support CJH and think he was done very well with what he has and the hand he has been dealt…GBO
Good post

If Hooker starts Gators should drop a DB about 40 yrds downfield. Actually i hope they can get the QB position fixed soon
Knowing Grantham he's likely to have a DB on LOS every single down. I hope QB whisperer prepares them for the disguises UF will be using.

Christian Charles and Apache Mohan are going to be studs here. So happy for Theo this year too. He’s been a beast the first 3 games!

Need to play both of these guys against UF. Really good athletes. It's a little shocking that Banks is playing Beasley and Page over Mohan. Charles should be playing over Tank on obvious passing downs

UF is so far averaging 340 rushing yds/game at a an absurd clip of 7.7 YPC.

This will be the biggest test all year for our rushing defense. I also noticed the commentator last night said our defense was made to stop the run first. If we can hold them in check, which may be a monumental task, maybe we can at least frustrate them. Really worried about our OL vs their DL though...
UF is alot better running this year than passing. A little uncommon for a Mullen team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back