Harrison Bailey (merged)

I don't know who y'all are listening to, but it isn't Coach Heupel.

In every interview I hear him talk about the quarterback position, including the pregame radio interview today, he keeps repeating that a dual-threat or running quarterback is NOT a requirement for this offense! This offense is all about making the correct decisions on-the-fly.

The only things that could be keeping Bailey out of the starting lineup are either his passing accuracy, the speed of his mental processing between plays, or his decision-making when running the offense.

They've said it's not a "requirement". Not that they don't factor it in.

And I think they might be concerned about the O-line more with Bailey than with Milton or Hooker. I just hope they don't chase him off, because I honestly think he fits Heupel's offense better than Milton (who can't hit anything) and Hooker (who is not much of a deep threat like Bailey).

I was just thinking how Bailey will probably go somewhere else, break records, and get drafted in the first round. But of course our coaches will have been right although by then we'll be in the midst of another coaching search.
Bailey never set the world on fire last year in games. He showed nothing of taking a game over. He got piss poor coaching and only dinked & dunked passes. He lit up no one. He is a Covid Freshman and has plenty of time to practice then get better. With a average O-Line an athletic QB is a great weapon to have as well.

Saban wins because he tailors his game plan to fit the talent he has. If CJH lets a pro style pure passer ride the pine i hope its because he isnt that talented, and not because he doesn’t fit the scheme he insists on running. We all remember how it felt to see Kamara get splinters in his arse at UT and then go to NFL and be rookie of the year……in my best Gump voice….and thats all I have to say about that
Not really a fair comparison, Saban has more talent than anyone. And the biggest thing is he has first pick of any fired coach to fit into his staff. Best talent best talent developers.

I don't know who y'all are listening to, but it isn't Coach Heupel.

In every interview I hear him talk about the quarterback position, including the pregame radio interview today, he keeps repeating that a dual-threat or running quarterback is NOT a requirement for this offense! This offense is all about making the correct decisions on-the-fly.

The only things that could be keeping Bailey out of the starting lineup are either his passing accuracy, the speed of his mental processing between plays, or his decision-making when running the offense.
You might want to read his comments from the last press conference. He was asked about Bailey and specifically stated that Hooker fit what they wanted to run on offense. So he has all but admitted it isn't a matter of Hooker or Milton being the best - he just wants a running QB. Which is a pretty mindless way to approach the single most important decision a coach can ever make.

It's a negative connotation used by people who don't realize it's not 1970 anymore and people put playmakers in space for a reason.
Of course - look at all the teams that have won the playoff in the last few years that did so with a running QB...Oh, wait, there aren't any.

Not really a fair comparison, Saban has more talent than anyone. And the biggest thing is he has first pick of any fired coach to fit into his staff. Best talent best talent developers.

I would argue that it wasn’t always that way but the success he had because of his ability to adapt his scheme to his talent is part of what has led to his insane depth of takent

Geez...This whole Bailey is better than Tom Brady and we just refuse to play him narrative is insane.I get hes not a clone copy of what Hype wants for this offense,but believe this no matter if Bailey was as good as some thought kid be out there,its that simple.Now I'm a big Bailey guy,but I've been on the Hooker train from the get go.Bailey deserves his shot,and if not Heupel would be best to address it and qual the masses.

Bailey unlucky with his timing. His game just isn’t what this staff wants to run.
Deja vu Sounds just like Botch refusing to meet with Trevor Lawrence on his visit because he didn't fit "his infallible system." Damn, another good quarterback about to leave over another "system" coach that won't alter the system to fit the talent they have.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Don't you know? We are not to question the coaches, because they know all and us peons can't understand the higher intricacies of football that are so clear to them. Like starting two weeks in a row a guy who overthrows WRs by ten yards every time they're running open down the middle of the field. Clearly that guy gives us a better chance to win than someone who has already put up a 71.6% completion rate against SEC competition.
That 70% passing rate is just accepted as awesome. In reality those throws were either behind the line of scrimmage or 10 yards or less. % does not tell the story.

Of course - look at all the teams that have won the playoff in the last few years that did so with a running QB...Oh, wait, there aren't any.
Oh you mean like Cam Newton, Deshaun Watson, Jalen Hurts? Oh and I guess Trevor Lawrence never ran the ball either. And you're speaking on a National Championship when we can barely make bowl games and how the spread is a gimmick when every NC winner over the last 10+ yrs has ran the spread other than FSU who still had spread concepts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210918-141934_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210918-141934_Chrome.jpg
    659.3 KB · Views: 2
That 70% passing rate is just accepted as awesome. In reality those throws were either behind the line of scrimmage or 10 yards or less. % does not tell the story.
Ever heard of a guy named Tom Brady? He used to play for a team that won a few games, and believe it or not, he was known for throwing short passes with said team. But of course clearly he failed because according to you only deep incompletions that miss by ten yards matter.

Oh you mean like Cam Newton, Deshaun Watson, Jalen Hurts? Oh and I guess Trevor Lawrence never ran the ball either. And you're speaking on a National Championship when we can barely make bowl games and how the spread is a gimmick when every NC winner over the last 10+ yrs has ran the spread other than FSU who still had spread concepts.
All of one of those won the playoff. Newton played in the BCS ten years ago. Hurts got pulled at the half the one time he was part of a NC. Lawrence is a pro-style QB. Running every now and then does not make one a dual-threat; Bailey ran effectively more than once when he played.

Reactions: smokynation

VN Store

Back