Anemic OL Play is Why...

...we have to install QB running plays. Lot's of them. Every series.

RBs have NO ROOM to run between the tackles.

Never changes. Even with 5* OL all over the place.

Coach Josh has to know this. Is he as dumb as predecessors, who kept trying?
But it was Pruitt and Steele’s fault our highly rated OL were underperforming?

Most excited I've been today was when Grant Williams come in the press box with Bob Kessling talked during the game.

The blocking scheme is zone. We don’t have the athletes at Oline to really make the scheme viable. The weakness is in the power game. Especially near the goal line or 4th and short.
The TD pass to end the half wouldn’t work against a good team. The blocking was horrible.

Reactions: WiseOlVol
Western Mich has only given up 2 sacks to Pitt and has 460 yards.

Vols O line is certainly thin, but they have a long way to go with talent, strength and technique.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if our RBs break 50 yards rushing against UF

O line is not very good at all but the RBs aren't making anything happen either.

Would have expected more than 41 yards and 2.7 YPC out of Evans against a junior varsity team.

Reactions: whodeycin85
Western Mich has only given up 2 sacks to Pitt and has 460 yards.

Vols O line is certainly thin, but they have a long way to go with talent, strength and technique.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if our RBs break 50 yards rushing against UF

One of Highest rated star powers oline in sec...just doesnt perform like it....have to flush last oline coaches bad habits......our line needs get alot more physical

OL play kinda dictates the need for quick decisions and mobility. HB might have a good touch going deep, the OL isn't going to give him the time. Getting Mays back might help, but they still can't afford to lose much up front.

yes, this team looks anemic today. No spirit, wya, way, way too many drops by the WR. QB fumbles have to stop. I got what I asked for and Hooker started. I am ready for Milton to come back. Hooker is not the one, I wish it weren't true.

Huh?
Seriously? Nothing wrong with his stats today.

ETA: Ok I see this was posted earlier...Still want Milton back?

After a raft of exits from the program, which currently sits at one of the all time talent/depth lows in the last 40 years and just won 56-0, yet is still greeted by complaint after complaint.
I'd say more concern than complaint. I'm concerned. This team doesn't look in sync and appears weak in the trenches. We are trying to build enough to compete with and beat Missouri and Kentucky this year, not Fl and Bama. This year, we just need to avoid getting beat up and devastating losses agains Ga, Bama, and Fl.

yes, this team looks anemic today. No spirit, wya, way, way too many drops by the WR. QB fumbles have to stop. I got what I asked for and Hooker started. I am ready for Milton to come back. Hooker is not the one, I wish it weren't true.
I’m not completely out on Milton either. Still possible his overthrows were the result of early season nerves/hype. Maybe he’ll play better if he becomes more relaxed. Either way I don’t think we have a top tier SEC QB on the roster... and I’m not sure that the kid from Indiana will be much better. Need to hit QB recruiting trails hard in my opinion. May need another transfer

Reactions: orangebloodforlife
I'd say more concern than complaint. I'm concerned. This team doesn't look in sync and appears weak in the trenches. We are trying to build enough to compete with and beat Missouri and Kentucky this year, not Fl and Bama. This year, we just need to avoid getting beat up and devastating losses agains Ga, Bama, and Fl.

Oh there's plenty of complaints on here. Read almost any thread.

There are a multitude of issues on the team, but it all starts on the lines. All aspects would perform better if we were even slightly better on both lines. It won't happen overnight though. Madisongavol hit it on the head. It will likely take a season to fully get the bad habits trained out of these guys. Depth is another issue, but even the 1st team didn't look great for the short time they were together.

As I said before, we will need all three QBs and every RB on the roster before the year is through.

VN Store

Back