The Official Tennessee vs. Tennessee Tech Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, ESPN+ (SEC Network+)

Bailey would get murdered behind this line, or throw mostly checkdowns like he did last year. There's a reason he's 3rd string
Insiders were even saying he was 4th string when Maurer was here. Apparently, he’s not grasping the offense. Heupel even said he would cater the play calls to the QB. To me that says he can’t figure it out or he’d be playing right now

Reactions: irish1485
Yeah I’m sure he would hate to save his job by playing the best qb and winning ball games….
You strongly underestimate the power of a strong ego. We’ve all done it. It’s human nature to stick with a bad decision too long because we don’t want to be wrong. Psychology 101.

Fant and Warren (TEs) are big boys. They’ve put on some good size since they’ve came to UT. Love having TE options out there.

I guess HB just isn’t that good, you’d think he could at least get on the field.

Does one honestly think Hooker will be able to make these types of runs against Alabama, Georgia, and Florida? Especially if they know that is his M.O. Cool, we can run on TN Tech but we need a consistent passing game to beat a team with a decent defense.
To be fair, same was said about Dobbs. Not saying Hooker is Dobbs, but it’s been proven a QB can run on those types of teams.

Reactions: Rootyvol1998
But if all that you can do is run then all you have is a decent running QB.

The O-Line isn’t great which is why somebody like Bailey would get killed considering he doesn’t have the running ability to escape pressure.

That's why Bailey can't get on the field. He simply cannot do that.

He can’t run, and the other two can’t consistently be any sort of threat passing. Give me a better passer all day. Not saying Bailey is btw, no clue what we have there.

So are we going to start going forward it on every 4th down like Kentucky’s Hal Mumme or is it because we are using freshman punter.

Does one honestly think Hooker will be able to make these types of runs against Alabama, Georgia, and Florida? Especially if they know that is his M.O. Cool, we can run on TN Tech but we need a consistent passing game to beat a team with a decent defense.
I don't think anything we try to do against the upper half of the SEC will be all that successful. Enjoy the good times where you find them.

I suppose relative to being in the negative on the threat scale if we were to start Milton (which, we will), that’s a positive ….
I see Milton and hooker the same. Both can’t throw, and hooker will absolutely cough the ball up running like this against Georgia, Florida and bama

Still don't understand the shotgun on short yardage inches situations. Didn't work against Pitt and won't work against SEC teams but looks like that's how Heuple is going to run the ball no matter the yardage.

VN Store

Back