Things I'm mad about today

There used to be a real good place in Downtown Memphis that served Gumbo and Crawfish Etoufee. It closed down right before COVID. The guy who ran it was a huge UT fan.
There was a place in Lexington off Nicholasville Road that had great etoufee. I can't remember the name.
Edit: I Googled. It's called The Ketch Seafood Grill (turn off Nicholasville onto Regency). It was locally owned by a man whose last name was Howard, as I recall. If anyone is ever up that way, it's worth a try if it's anything like it was a few years ago. The Howard man would come around to the tables and talk to the customers.

Last edited:
seeing news stories about which politicians/famous people are unmasked
like people thrive on having to know what a buncha bishy little tattlers report, leading to retwatters and likes
wish people would Grow TF Up and focus on what's important
just sick of hearing adults bish about masks and what they "want," buncha malingering whiners, so over it all
/rant

Health care to the unvaccinated Covid-19 patients for the past three months is conservatively estimated to cost $5.7 billion.

I think some people have legit concerns, and they do have a right to. I know plenty of people who have concerns over any medicine.
Sure, but it’s almost impossible to separate legit concerns from things that have been described as legit but are in fact false (deliberate or accidental; lies vs. erroneous.)

When people go with what Dr Social Media recommends, rather than what their personal doctor has to say after discussing what they’ve heard, I have a hard time crediting these beliefs as legit. What then are the legitimate grounds for these concerns? Why do people choose to believe some sources, but not others?

If we rely on US medicine (the people) to keep us alive when we get sick, why wouldn’t we rely on their advice on how to avoid getting sick? That hurts my brain. (The illogic does, not refusing medical guidance. That just hurts my heart.)

Sure, but it’s almost impossible to separate legit concerns from things that have been described as legit but are in fact false (deliberate or accidental; lies vs. erroneous.)

When people go with what Dr Social Media recommends, rather than what their personal doctor has to say after discussing what they’ve heard, I have a hard time crediting these beliefs as legit. What then are the legitimate grounds for these concerns? Why do people choose to believe some sources, but not others?

If we rely on US medicine (the people) to keep us alive when we get sick, why wouldn’t we rely on their advice on how to avoid getting sick? That hurts my brain. (The illogic does, not refusing medical guidance. That just hurts my heart.)
addendum: many posters struggled to pass high school science classes
agree with you 110 percent

Everyone needs to wear a list of all their medical history pinned to their shirt. Maybe I don’t wanna use a public toilet after someone with gonorrhea but they could be sneaking around discharging on all the toilet seats and the rest of us don’t know. It’s not right. Also, if people with herpes had to have it tattooed on their head there would not be as much of that getting spread around and it would be less stress on our medical resources so the urologists would be able to do more elective penile enhancements instead of scraping out people’s pee holes.

addendum: many posters struggled to pass high school science classes
agree with you 110 percent

To be fair, the states both red and blue have been caught manipulating the numbers to fit a political narrative. For example, Tennessee got busted under-reporting hospitalizations (almost 100% unvaccinated) and Washington state got busted under-reporting vaccinated hospitalizations.

Reactions: VolNExile
I know 2 more people that have died of covid. 1 51 year old male today and a 60 year old male last night. Both friends of friends that I know.

I know 2 more people that have died of covid. 1 51 year old male today and a 60 year old male last night. Both friends of friends that I know.
I think a lot of us are in the situation you have mentioned before.
Early on, it seemed like a very remote thing, and the longer it goes on, it keeps hitting closer to home.
My mother counted nine relatives (on both her side and dad's side: cousins, aunts, uncles) who have tested positive, a couple multiple times, and one of my first cousins has died.
We had two more positive tests come back on students today. The contact tracing in schools (buses, cafeterias, and classrooms) is a nightmare.

Reactions: Behr
I think a lot of us are in the situation you have mentioned before.
Early on, it seemed like a very remote thing, and the longer it goes on, it keeps hitting closer to home.
My mother counted nine relatives (on both her side and dad's side: cousins, aunts, uncles) who have tested positive, a couple multiple times, and one of my first cousins has died.
We had two more positive tests come back on students today. The contact tracing in schools (buses, cafeterias, and classrooms) is a nightmare.
were any vaccinated ? It seems like the South is the hardest hit right now

VN Store

Back