The 2 calls on Jeremy Banks and Theo Jackson

Hits are part of the game of football.

Suplexes and body slams belong in the WWE.

People can get necks broken being positioned as when slammed.

Football is a dangerous sport any way.
Yet if he sets him down easily and he doesn’t go down then he continues to run, coaches and fans alike are complaining that he didn’t take him all the way to the ground. I really feel sorry for the defensive guy the rules are just not in their favor.

Banks was doing what he had to to get him to the ground, that said we all know you cannot pick up and slam a player any more they put a stop to that years back so this is not anything new. But in Banks defense go back and look at it he picks the guy up swings him around and bear hugs him to the ground. He did not slam him and land on him he actually lands first and cushions the landing for the Pitt player. Go look at it again.

Hmmm...not really...
cadetard.png
Yeah I didn’t understand what Cade was thinking. Maybe thought there was a loose ball and was clearing Pitt players away?? Or maybe he just needed to hit somebody? It was a strange situation to just level someone.

Unnecessary Roughness. That is self explanatory.

Banks picked the guy up and body slammed him when stopping his forward progress was enough. Banks is a penalty waiting to happen, normally its hitting out of bounds for him. I imagine the whistle was blown about the time he picked him up.
2nd call was not as obvious as the guy was still trying to move forward.
They were both bs calls. Lets be real those guys came into Neyland to control the game. They managed to do just that.

The player that Theo tackled, landed on his back just like the player that Banks tackled. It was a bullish call both times. If the whistle had blown, fine it’s a penalty. But, when a player is still trying to gain yards, the Def. player is playing to the whistle.

Breaking a rib and driving it through someone’s heart is also a possibility. So, should we stop having tackle football altogether?

Reactions: Wireless1
Been a Penalty as long as I can remember ; which is 40 years watching football. Why respect your opponent? Sportsmanship. The same reason you respect your teammates. Tell JB there is no I in team. That slam was a "Look at Me" moment. Hope you figure it out.
You have been on this kid's case Forever John. Just admit it, you don't like him, I remember you posting if he was reinstated you were done with TN football. I think he proved he is a team guy when he chose to remain at the dumpster fire and not transfer like his other 2 buddies @ the LB position. If you think no other team wanted him, you are sadly mistaken. He knows more about being a Team guy than YOU will ever dream of being. Keep your promise and GO AWAY. It was a bad choice to tackle that way I agree.

Banks was making a tackle later in the game. He brought the runner down but knee didn’t touch ( Banks was underneath runner) and runner took off. How is Banks supposed to know how hard to tackle if the runner is still grinding and the whistle hasn’t blown. Offense fights for every inch and defense is supposed to stop forward progress.

If the running back wants the pay to end then take a knee. If the ref thinks forward progress is done or it's a dangerous play then blow the whistle.

Reactions: Wireless1
I know these didn't make a difference at all, but I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why flags are thrown on these? Tackling aggressively is flag worthy? I guess I can understand targeting flags on the targeting side of things when those calls happen (even though I don't agree with it)
Jeremy Banks has anger issues. Look at his rant at the cops. He has no self control as he has repeatedly proven it. His block in the back that wasn’t even needed…just to try to hit someone cost us a F’n touchdown. That is the difference between us moving down to FG range for the win vs trying to tie it up late in the 4th. Those are straight up selfish penalties. His mates should give him epic Hell over it.

1631669078545.gif

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Yeah I didn’t understand what Cade was thinking. Maybe thought there was a loose ball and was clearing Pitt players away?? Or maybe he just needed to hit somebody? It was a strange situation to just level someone.
Maybe he though he was still playing for Ga where there allowed to do that!

Reactions: MyVolsDropped
The Banks fired me the hell up. I mean after all, your opponent is not your friend, they are an enemy.

Well, they aren't an enemy, they are what you called them to begin with. An opponent. What would(or will) you think of this move(or similar) if done by one of our opponents on Evans, or Small? You'll want the flag. What will you think of it when one of these guys gets his neck broke, laying there paralyzed (hopefully only at worst). We complain about poor tackling, arm tackling, trying to get the ESPN big shoulder tackle that does nothing. Hit the guy, hard if you can, wrap up and take him down. Hopefully, without injuring yourself.

Jeremy Banks has anger issues. Look at his rant at the cops. He has no self control as he has repeatedly proven it. His block in the back that wasn’t even needed…just to try to hit someone cost us a F’n touchdown. That is the difference between us moving down to FG range for the win vs trying to tie it up late in the 4th. Those are straight up selfish penalties. His mates should give him epic Hell over it.

View attachment 394694

He's not the only player these past few years who's been a flag magnet, at inopportune times, that many have cheered for. Drive killers (or extenders for the defender) more often than not.

He's not the only player these past few years who's been a flag magnet, at inopportune times, that many have cheered for. Drive killers (or extenders for the defender) more often than not.
I never said he was the only guy making stupid penalties since he arrived. OP brought him up specifically.

Banks' block in the back was stupid, obvious, and costly.

We've reached the point where the good plays he makes don't necessarily outweigh the cost of his stupid penalties each game.

We simply have to bring in better talent at that position.

I know these didn't make a difference at all, but I've been racking my brain trying to figure out why flags are thrown on these? Tackling aggressively is flag worthy? I guess I can understand targeting flags on the targeting side of things when those calls happen (even though I don't agree with it)
Nobody loves the hard hits more than me, but Banks raised the guy up and slammed him down. It was clearly a STUPID penalty on his part and that is not part of the game. Jacksons was nowhere near as flagrant, but still if hit somebody in air just go straight down with them, never pick up or raise person and then slam them down. It will get you a penalty every time. Cade Mays comes in way late and hits close to pile, senseless penalties. Play hard and tough but smart. GBO!!!!

View attachment 394694

once upon a time, that was the way football was played but not anymore.

Reactions: Big Al Orange

VN Store

Back