The Makings of an Upset: UT v UF

Couldn’t read this entire thread. If Florida limps into Neyland 2 weeks from now while the game is in Gainesville we still lose by 2 TDs but it is close till the end.

urm... We lost to Pitt in our house....but....we are going to Floridas house and upsetting them????? just not gonna even...

Was going to like till you talk about Banks he is a Dog and we need him and the refs sucked.
Refs were correct on the body slam penalty and the block in the back that Banks committed. Costs us a touchdown on the return. Both costly penalties. Old school coaches would have sat his ass at least for a half for that stupidity. I realize given the lack of depth at lb the coaches chose not to sit him.

I love the Vols and there is nothing I would like more other than beating the Cheaters. But Tennessee is going to get its a$$ whipped. If Tennessee keeps Florida under 60 it will be a good day.
Can you recommend a good seafood Restaurant down there?

Refs were correct on the body slam penalty and the block in the back that Banks committed. Costs us a touchdown on the return. Both costly penalties. Old school coaches would have sat his ass at least for a half for that stupidity. I realize given the lack of depth at lb the coaches chose not to sit him.
Bodyslam or getting the runner down. If he let go then he may have got a touchdown. If he holds and the other guy had the leverage he carries him for 5 yards I would rather Banks take him down like he did. Old school coaches would pay you to knock them out or take there knees out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Easyriders
Bodyslam or getting the runner down. If he let go then he may have got a touchdown. If he holds and the other guy had the leverage he carries him for 5 yards I would rather Banks take him down like he did. Old school coaches would pay you to knock them out or take there knees out.
It’s in rules you can’t body slam a player. It’s known as the Terry Bradshaw rule. Been in the rule book for many years. Obviously you never player football and don’t know what you are talking about. I never said to let him go. There are others ways to take a player to the ground. Banks could have just held him till help arrived or the whistle blew.

It’s in rules you can’t body slam a player. It’s known as the Terry Bradshaw rule. Been in the rule book for many years. Obviously you never player football and don’t know what you are talking about. I never said to let him go. There are others ways to take a player to the ground. Banks could have just held him till help arrived or the whistle blew.
🤣

Your NFL rule let's read it.
A rule revision enacted in 1979 provided that "officials are to blow the play dead as soon as the quarterback is clearly in the grasp and control of any tackler behind the line.

It wasn't a QB.
It wasn't behind the line.
I didn't hear the whistle.
Never assume when you assume it makes a Ass out of u and me.

We have more Negative Fans than real fans!! Good Grief People Tn can win any Game on Any given Saturday!! Just look back last year at who beat us! And I'm sure those was probably saying the Same that there was no chance, Well THERE'S ALWAYS A UPSET IN THE MAKING!

Stay with me...

This is setting up to be Heup’s signature win. Let’s explore this week and next week to prep us for uf.

This week: Richardson tweaked a hamstring, meaning Emory Jones is probably the guy we will face. That is good news for us. Richardson is Cam Jr. On our side, Milton got hurt, opening the door for Hooker to come in and hopefully this means he will get the start against TTU and be prepped for UF. The qb situation has worked completely in our favor.

Next week: UF gets bama and is gonna get beat up. We get an easy W where we rest and work out some kinks. The week before the game works totally in our favor as well. They are gonna limp into Neyland at night and we are gonna be fresh and ready. Heup is gonna have the team ready and Neyland is gonna be rockin’.

It sets up perfectly for a big upset. This team is different from the last couple of years. I know it sounds crazy following the loss to Pitt, but I’m calling it here! While we have a talent disadvantage, everything else is working in our favor.

*** Late Edit: I totally got uf confused with uga about playing at Neyland. Totally a brain fart. Still, some pieces are in place for an upset. Just need the ball to bounce our way a little.

Florida owns Tennessee, I hate it, but check the numbers

Your NFL rule let's read it.
A rule revision enacted in 1979 provided that "officials are to blow the play dead as soon as the quarterback is clearly in the grasp and control of any tackler behind the line.

It wasn't a QB.
It wasn't behind the line.
I didn't hear the whistle.
Never assume when you assume it makes a Ass out of u and me.
Let me make this simple so maybe you will understand. 99.99 % of officials in any league in today’s football are going to call a body slam unnecessary roughness. All Banks had to do after he picked him up was to fall backwards and let the Pitt player fall on top of him. Banks would probably admit he knew better or has been at the very least coached better even by Pruitt.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
We have more Negative Fans than real fans!! Good Grief People Tn can win any Game on Any given Saturday!! Just look back last year at who beat us! And I'm sure those was probably saying the Same that there was no chance, Well THERE'S ALWAYS A UPSET IN THE MAKING!

Not Florida. Sorry.

Given the crazy ways we have lost to them the only explanation is the universe simply won't allow it. JMO.

Reactions: VolinMC
If Florida limps into Neyland Stadium while the game is in Gainesville and we show up there, I move our chances of winning to 50%. It's not 100%, because...well, it's Florida. We will still find a way to lose without them even showing up for the game.

Two things wrong with the OP's hypothesis:

One, the Gators backup QB always (and, I mean, ALWAYS) shows out like a legit Heisman candidate against the Vols.

Two, the game is in the Swamp. Too many bad memories there.
Don't worry, the backup might be injured. That's what OP mentioned

I’ll give you an A+ for your positivity. I am thinking the line will be UF to win by 27. We just are not that good. After the Bama game my opinion might change. After Tenn Tech, things could get a lot worse instead of better. Pitt was a good team with a very good Senior QB. We are still operating at about 70%. Too many penalties. Too many dropped balls.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
I honestly feel better about the Florida game than I do about certainly Ole Miss, and even Kentucky. The Florida defense is not very good. They look better than last year, but they were awful last year on defense.

Offensively, it is their strength (running the ball) against our one strength on defense (stopping the run). I will feel much better against then if Emory Jones has to play the full game. If Richardson plays, it will not be close.

They beat USF by 22, but USF is also terrible. They lost 45-0 to a decent NC State team.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
I like his thoughts but agree with you it is @ FL plus we are 4 - 17 vs Florida in the last 21. Last time we won in Gainesville was 2003

Before you make anymore predictions OP think about this

Tennessee Record vs FL, GA, AL since 1969

FL - 36 Games 9 - 27
GA - 36 Games 17 - 19
AL - 50 Games 16 - 32 - 1 1* Foreit AL

TOTAL 42 - 78 -1 1 122 Games
With a record like this, against the Big 3 in the SEC, they must consider UT like UK. Well, maybe not GA, UT can bite them in the rear once in a while.

VN Store

Back