Status
Not open for further replies.
Noodle arm..slow unathletic goofy looking boy...don't want..🥴
Our best players that game:
Leading QB: H Bailey
Leading WR: J Jancek
Leading RB: F Orr
Leading tackler: Will Brooks
I asked everybody had ever heard anything positive about him from inside the program…. Nobody had any examples at all….. Let’s trust the guy that has proven he can develop qbs time and time again…. He has proven that he will bench veterans and transfers that he brought in…. He has proven that he will start a true freshman if the player shows that he is capable of doing it…. That win/loss Saturday wasn’t the most important bc we are not competing for championships…. The most important thing is for this coach to stabilize this program, build depth and grow us to the point where expect to beat teams like Pittsburgh.

Mods, merge to the correct thread, please!

My wife and I are finally serious about looking for or building a home. However, people have told us to watch for the housing market to take a hit…

What are the ramifications if the housing market crashes for people like my family?

His teams are undisciplined, 11 penalties were the nor at UCF. He isnt going to recruit well. His teams dont come across as physical on the O line. His offense is too vertical, and SEC pass rushers are going to tee off all day long. He reminds of a lot of year 3 Dooley, he might put up some points, but his defenses are going to struggle and we are going to lose a lot of coulda shoulda woulda games with him.
You can’t see the future.. if something just won’t work in the SEC, I’m sure he will change it. It has been 2 games. You’re counting him out before even giving him a chance. Statistically, he’s the best coach we’ve hired in my lifetime.
Even if we did get rid of CJH… who are you going to hire? nobody wants to coach here!

Mods, merge to the correct thread, please!

My wife and I are finally serious about looking for or building a home. However, people have told us to watch for the housing market to take a hit…

What are the ramifications if the housing market crashes for people like my family?
My wife and I have been interested in purchasing a home for 2 years now, but we are going to continue to wait. Would hate to pay 100k+ extra for house, only to have the housing bubble collapse. We are going to continue renting until the prices become reasonable again. I've seen predictions for as early as December, but it seems extremely unlikely that the housing bubble makes it into next summer.

Seen some predictions, from credible sources, for deflation. The economy is walking on thin ice. Wait if you can, and be prepared to buy up stock when the market crashes.

You can’t see the future.. if something just won’t work in the SEC, I’m sure he will change it. It has been 2 games. You’re counting him out before even giving him a chance. Statistically, he’s the best coach we’ve hired in my lifetime.
Even if we did get rid of CJH… who are you going to hire? nobody wants to coach here!
Nobody right now, he's the guy for the next 5-7 years barring something durastic happening. He's just not the guy to get over the mountain top. 3-4 years of 8-4 is going to be nice in a couple years, I just hope DW had the cahones to pull the trigger when it's time to go get a champion level coach

Reactions: VolNash17
Nobody right now, he's the guy for the next 5-7 years barring something durastic happening. He's just not the guy to get over the mountain top. 3-4 years of 8-4 is going to be nice in a couple years, I just hope DW had the cahones to pull the trigger when it's time to go get a champion level coach
He is the guy at the very least to make football fun again and stabilize the program…. We need those two things more than anything right now…. I have no doubts that he is capable of getting us to be an 8-4 type of team with an occasional upset…. If we get there and he is not the one…. It will be much easier to hire the man that can take us to the next level.

I’ll agree on the timeframe. He needs Atleast 5 years

My wife and I have been interested in purchasing a home for 2 years now, but we are going to continue to wait. Would hate to pay 100k+ extra for house, only to have the housing bubble collapse. We are going to continue renting until the prices become reasonable again. I've seen predictions for as early as December, but it seems extremely unlikely that the housing bubble makes it into next summer.

Seen some predictions, from credible sources, for deflation. The economy is walking on thin ice. Wait if you can, and be prepared to buy up stock when the market crashes.
I’m a real estate agent and would be happy to chat to provide some clarity on the market.

Reactions: RiotVol
He is the guy at the very least to make football fun again and stabilize the program…. We need those two things more than anything right now…. I have no doubts that he is capable of getting us to be an 8-4 type of team with an occasional upset…. If we get there and he is not the one…. It will be much easier to hire the man that can take us to the next level.
That's all I've been saying about him anyways. He might be fine, I just don't think he's the savior to get us over the top. He might steal a game he shouldn't, but he's going to drop games he shouldn't too.
Back to Saturday, my issue is more with him then the players. I feel like coaching got us beat more than anything. The same stuff we saw Sat are what got his teams beat at UCF

Last edited:
There’s a thread in the FF about this, but I’m still absolutely confused by the sequence of events surrounding the almost-kick-six.

It was a field goal attempt, not a punt. TN catches the missed attempt and advances the ball.

Refs call a questionable block in back on us, but also an offsetting equivalent penalty on Pitt.

Of all the outcomes I thought of as they conferenced that call, simply handing the ball back to Pitt for a do-over was not ANYWHERE on my list of what was likely to happen next.

I kept waiting for someone to whistle from on-high and correct the situation.

What the heck was that?! Am I way off base in being confused by that?

I was totally confused too, especially given the Tennessee penalty occurred after the change of possession. An interception doesn't get overturned due to a block in the back during the return so it was weird to me a field goal return did. I was thinking a punt return was the same way, so a 15 yard penalty on a punt return just led to a penalty from the spot of the foul.

If Pittsburgh hadn't had a penalty surely it would have just been 15 yards from the spot of the foul. How does Pittsburgh also committing a penalty get them the ball back? Just weird.

His teams are undisciplined, 11 penalties were the nor at UCF. He isnt going to recruit well. His teams dont come across as physical on the O line. His offense is too vertical, and SEC pass rushers are going to tee off all day long. He reminds of a lot of year 3 Dooley, he might put up some points, but his defenses are going to struggle and we are going to lose a lot of coulda shoulda woulda games with him.
Please don’t use Saturday as the measuring stick on penalties. At least 3-4 of those were bogus trash calls from an ACC crew gifting their ACC team. One of them cost us 6 points in which we would have a tie game and all the momentum in the 4th quarter. Different outcome than what we got.

Last edited:
Lol just saw on the first TD that Pitt scored, the RT pulled our DE down by his Jersey which allowed Pickett to scramble uncontested and it wasn’t called for holding lol
This happened A LOT and was not called! They didn’t get a holding penalty called the entire game. It was ludicrous! There was crystal clear bias by the officials that game. This trash of letting the visiting team’s conference send their officials for a home and home P5 series is ridiculous! And the sad thing is that our own officials will screw us next year at Pitt.

Please don’t use Saturday as the measuring stick on penalties. At least 3-4 of those were bogus trash calls from an ACC crew gifting their ACC team. One of them cost us 6 points in which we would have a tie game and all the momentum in the 4th quarter. Different outcome than what we got.
Again. It was the Norm at UCF. They were one of the most penalized teams in the country

That's all I've been saying about him anyways. He might be fine, I just don't think he's the savior to get us over the top. He might steal a game he shouldn't, but he's going to drop games he shouldn't too.
Back to Saturday, my issue is more with him then the players. I feel like coaching got us beat more than anything. The same stuff we saw Sat are what got his teams beat at UCF
I’m not counting the covid season bc I don’t think it is a good indicator for any team… When he loses…. It tends to be due to turnovers or penalties….He did have a 12-0 season at UCF and followed it up with a 10 win season…..You can look at Saturday two different ways…. Did some of his decisions possibly cost us the game? Yes…… would we have been that close without him? Probably not….. we have a team without a solid qb yet…. We were down to a third string freshman RB…... Missing our center with an already patched together offensive line….. lost our most explosive wide receiver early….missing potentially our best pass rusher and a defense that lacks depth especially at linebacker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back