'22 GA TE Jake Johnson

Think about what is going on at LSU. Look at what the wacko LSU fans are doing to a particular player. There is liable to be some outbound traffic, and that outbound traffic could be fairly decent and come in pairs.

I would focus my energy there because you can't speak with the other one until he is portal bound.

It would be an upgrade for sure, he's probably not Burrow but he is decent.

Think about what is going on at LSU. Look at what the wacko LSU fans are doing to a particular player. There is liable to be some outbound traffic, and that outbound traffic could be fairly decent and come in pairs.

I would focus my energy there because you can't speak with the other one until he is portal bound.

Who are you referring to?

Never mind. I got you

Reactions: LSU-SIU

I don’t even know what’s going on at LSU?

Who are you referring to?

Never mind. I got you

Its better you figured out it, instead of me telling you. He's getting a ton of flack and I haven't figured out why. Pressure will be huge at LSU now. If Nussmeier makes any waves this year, I just don't see that family sitting around to see how things go next year.

He's a definite upgrade, and Jake is either the best TE or second best in the country. Package deal but you can't recruit one until he is in the portal, so you recruit the other one.

Its better you figured out it, instead of me telling you. He's getting a ton of flack and I haven't figured out why. Pressure will be huge at LSU now. If Nussmeier makes any waves this year, I just don't see that family sitting around to see how things go next year.
Oh… I understand now.

Reactions: LSU-SIU

There is an investigation going on here so it isn't like we don't have anything going on

He's a definite upgrade, and Jake is either the best TE or second best in the country. Package deal but you can't recruit one until he is in the portal, so you recruit the other one.
Hey at least your school wins a championship during all the dysfunction! Also not trying to poke arguments but it’s a shame Will Wade can coach and other coaches and players get hammered for far less. He was caught red handed. NCAA did nothing.

There is an investigation going on here so it isn't like we don't have anything going on

That's nothing to what is going on at LSU. Its a **** school with a **** administration. The fans seem to be want to run players off the team.

That's nothing to what is going on at LSU. Its a **** school with a **** administration. The fans seem to be want to run players off the team.
Not trying to be negative but why would the #2 TE in the nation with no connections to the University of Tennessee that is committed to a school that we aren't trying to flip be interested in us? If he is leaving a sketchy, uncertain situation he wouldn't be coming here. Gotta focus on realistic targets

It falls on Ed O. How many games do you think he has to win to keep his job? If Max thinks about leaving, FSU being dad’s alma mater makes sense, Max is a good player. If y’all are running guys off, I’ll happily take Maason Smith off your hands.

Reactions: BP4Prez and KPT_VFL
Not trying to be negative but why would the #2 TE in the nation with no connections to the University of Tennessee that is committed to a school that we aren't trying to flip be interested in us? If he is leaving a sketchy, uncertain situation he wouldn't be coming here. Gotta focus on realistic targets
I think the insinuation is that his brother, Max Johnson (LSU QB), is likely transferring, and while he isn't perhaps a major difference-maker at QB, that he would at least compete for the job, here. If Tennessee were to start to build a relationship with Jake, now, they could potentially land Max in the portal, and by default, land Jake.

It falls on Ed O. How many games do you think he has to win to keep his job? If Max thinks about leaving, FSU being dad’s alma mater makes sense, Max is a good player. If y’all are running guys off, I’ll happily take Maason Smith off your hands.

Its more complicated. What happens if the school doesn't want you to win? (crazy right) Nasty business.

How many games do you think he has to win to keep his job?

He doesn't have final say so on many things, some of them are big like hires.

If y’all are running guys off, I’ll happily take Maason Smith off your hands.

Let's see how the next 6-8 weeks unfolds. Either the school is going to run people off or the fans will. Maason could become the hottest player ever. That guy is the best dline prospect I've ever seen and I can't think of anyone close.

Last edited:
Its more complicated. What happens if the school doesn't want you to win? (crazy right) Nasty business.

He doesn't have final say so on many things, some of them are big like hires.

Let's see how the next 6-8 weeks unfolds. Either the school is going to run people off or the fans will. Maason could become the hottest player ever. That guy is the best dline prospect I've ever seen and I can't think of anyone close.
I think we have a chance to kill it in the portal with this '22 class. Especially if the NCAA gives us the scholarships back for all the players we lost.

I think the insinuation is that his brother, Max Johnson (LSU QB), is likely transferring, and while he isn't perhaps a major difference-maker at QB, that he would at least compete for the job, here. If Tennessee were to start to build a relationship with Jake, now, they could potentially land Max in the portal, and by default, land Jake.
True. Didn't think about that

Its less about Jake, and more about finding a solid opportunity for Max. Jake could sign with any team, Max probably only 90% of the teams minus the ones that already have a stack deck - solid starters. Max is going to want an opportunity to compete. Once again, none of this is necessarily going to happen but LSU is on a self-destruction track and its only what I would do.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
I think we have a chance to kill it in the portal with this '22 class. Especially if the NCAA gives us the scholarships back for all the players we lost.
You aren’t getting any initial counters from last year. However, news today is they are expanding the 25 rule to 32 meaning you can sign up to 32 if you have 7 transfers going forward.

VN Store

Back