This fanbase doesn't get it

Yeah I think we will score 30+ points per game this year with the exception of Georgia and Alabama games. What baffles me is, watching the game yesterday, it seemed like the defense played really well. But then look at the scoreboard and we gave up 41 points. I knew we were going to give up points in bunches, but it’s odd how it still happened considering defense looked solid yesterday.
I think it was our inability to rush the passer. That seemed to be our only glaring defensive issue. We stopped the run completely almost until the end. Pickett also made lots of plays. If we can recruit I think we might get back to something good

Yeah I think we will score 30+ points per game this year with the exception of Georgia and Alabama games. What baffles me is, watching the game yesterday, it seemed like the defense played really well. But then look at the scoreboard and we gave up 41 points. I knew we were going to give up points in bunches, but it’s odd how it still happened considering defense looked solid yesterday.

Pitt Points
Q1 - 0
Q2 - 27
Q3 - 7
Q4 - 7

We lost the game in the 2nd quarter. Eliminate many of the mistakes there and/or capitalize on the whiffs in Q1 and this game is a win.

Heupel did a lot right yesterday and he also did some things wrong. Going to have to give him time before we can make a proper evaluation. 34 points against a pretty good defense with all that went wrong yesterday is encouraging.

64 points in two games. Had a chance to win yesterday/tie to a team bragging about all of its super seniors while we lost over a recruiting class in two years. We’re fine..Hooker keeps it we tie, we challenge the spot we probably tie, we don’t have numerous turnovers we tie/win.

Last edited:
Nick Saban's first 4 years at Michigan State: 6 wins, 6 wins, 7 wins, 6 wins. First year at Bama 7 wins.
Dabo Swinney's first 3 years at Clemson: 4 wins (in 7 games as the interim coach), 9 wins, 6 wins.
Brian Kelly's first 2 years at Central Michigan: 4 wins, 6 wins. First 2 years at ND: 8 wins, 8 wins.
Pete Carroll's first year at USC: 6 wins.

You guys would all be on here trying to run these guys off if they had the same start here at UT than at their previous stops. I would argue we are in a worse spot than all of those other school's when they took over their programs. A decade plus of instability, looming NCAA investigation and sanctions, the toughest conference in college football and the vocal idiots expect this dumpster fire of a program to be turned around in 2 games. Hell, look at our basketball program as an example. Rick Barnes had a losing record his first two seasons combined before he got it turned around. We aren't in a position to turn this around in year 1 and most likely year 2 either.

The reality is that no matter who we hired; this was going to be a rough year. We haven't recruited at a high enough level, haven't developed enough guys, and the bulk of our best players all left the program before the season. I have no idea if Heupel is the guy or not. Heupel was pretty far down the list in terms of our coaching wish list so honestly he probably isn't the guy long term. However, the hope is that he can bring in some talent, get us to 7 or 8 wins a year, and we are a much more attractive job for the guy to take us beyond that. Either way, blaming this dumpster fire of a program on Heupel is asinine and ridiculous.
Pleas go back and see how many times we've seen this same exact ******** post. Y'all are acting like every single coach who struggles could end up being a title winner, they aren't. He succeeded based on talent at UCF, and regressed each year. Y'all need to stop blindly worshipping every single coach like he's going to be a winner just because of your bug orange sunglasses.

Pleas go back and see how many times we've seen this same exact ******** post. Y'all are acting like every single coach who struggles could end up being a title winner, they aren't. He succeeded based on talent at UCF, and regressed each year. Y'all need to stop blindly worshipping every single coach like he's going to be a winner just because of your bug orange sunglasses.
It’s not worship. He made mistakes and he needs to learn and improve as does the whole team. But he also showed a lot of promise. There’s nothing wrong with acknowledging what we did do right

Nick Saban's first 4 years at Michigan State: 6 wins, 6 wins, 7 wins, 6 wins. First year at Bama 7 wins.
Dabo Swinney's first 3 years at Clemson: 4 wins (in 7 games as the interim coach), 9 wins, 6 wins.
Brian Kelly's first 2 years at Central Michigan: 4 wins, 6 wins. First 2 years at ND: 8 wins, 8 wins.

You guys would all be on here trying to run these guys off if they had the same start here at UT than at their previous stops. I would argue we are in a worse spot than all of those other school's when they took over their programs. A decade plus of instability, looming NCAA investigation and sanctions, the toughest conference in college football and the vocal idiots expect this dumpster fire of a program to be turned around in 2 games. Hell, look at our basketball program as an example. Rick Barnes had a losing record his first two seasons combined before he got it turned around. We aren't in a position to turn this around in year 1 and most likely year 2 either.

The reality is that no matter who we hired; this was going to be a rough year. We haven't recruited at a high enough level, haven't developed enough guys, and the bulk of our best players all left the program before the season. I have no idea if Heupel is the guy or not. Heupel was pretty far down the list in terms of our coaching wish list so honestly he probably isn't the guy long term. However, the hope is that he can bring in some talent, get us to 7 or 8 wins a year, and we are a much more attractive job for the guy to take us beyond that. Either way, blaming this dumpster fire of a program on Heupel is asinine and ridiculous.
I’m not blaming Heupel. What is the correct number of years? You cherry picked a few examples. So what is the sweet spot for the number of years a head coach to win a championship?

. The defense only looked good on Pitt’s first 3 or 4 possessions after that their QB carved us up.
Which I would definitely chalk up to lack of quality depth. Unlike recent years, even during their drives we still got some push on the line (not enough, unfortunately) and we were still covering moderately well. One Reggie White could turn this thing around 😉

It’s called frustration from hell…. 15 years of garbage will do that to a fan base
How dare a fanbase stay loyal for 15 years thru embarrassment after embarrassment, paying $ to fill up a stadium to watch a bloodbath. The nerve of them to expect a competent administration to hire good coaches.

Pitt Points
Q1 - 0
Q2 - 27
Q3 - 7
Q4 - 7

We lost the game in the 2nd quarter. Eliminate many of the mistakes there and/or capitalize on the whiffs in Q1 and this game is a win.

Field position, in 1st quarter we controlled Pitt has 3 straight 3 & outs. Then we gave them 15 yards extra on kickoff for helmet off after TD then after that, they got field position the rest of the game especially 2nd quarter and their QB got in the comfort zone.

We literally have people calling for his job after 2 games and then wonder why other fanbases/media mock our fanbase.

Which I would definitely chalk up to lack of quality depth. Unlike recent years, even during their drives we still got some push on the line (not enough, unfortunately) and we were still covering moderately well. One Reggie White could turn this thing around 😉
. I agree the depth will hurt us during the course of a close game like yesterday. I was impressed with the intensity our defense played with and the fight they showed they were flying to the ball and getting good penetration behind the line. Unfortunately there was some stupid penalties which hurt us but I think that can be corrected remember this was just the second game.

I think this poster is "Danny White" in disguise. Summed it up 100% accurately minus the name calling which I dont care about. We have American Conf. talent this year playing in the toughest conf. in the world. It is what it is.

We have much more talent than some other SEC teams, we just don’t have the depth and we have not had the QB talent since Dobbs.

We have not played but maybe one or two teams that I would hesitate to trade QB’s or even for their back up QB since Dobbs.

At this time I really feel that we should either move on from Milton or at best give him one more half to hit some deep passes.
I know that compared to many I’m being very generous in that statement.

We literally have people calling for his job after 2 games and then wonder why other fanbases/media mock our fanbase.

Wrong! No rational person expects or wants a firing after 2 games. We're just frustrated because we've seen this before. 1) hold on to a coach too long 2) get destroyed on the field by our rivals. 3) watch the admin stumble. 4) settle for the cheapest no name hire. 5) hear from the happy fans about how this hire will be different. 6) repeat

We saw this stupid speech when Dooley was here. It was dumb then

We saw this stupid speech when Butch was sucking here. It was dumb then.

We saw this stupid speech when Pruitt was clueless here. It was dumb then.

And now you break it out after more of there same by this less then inspiring coaching staff. It's just as dumb now.

Congrats...

Wrong! No rational person expects or wants a firing after 2 games. We're just frustrated because we've seen this before. 1) hold on to a coach too long 2) get destroyed on the field by our rivals. 3) watch the admin stumble. 4) settle for the cheapest no name hire. 5) hear from the happy fans about how this hire will be different. 6) repeat
Idk that it will be different and I'm frustrated and tired of losing too. But there are people, rational or not calling for Heupel's job and it is extremely toxic to the program.

Thing is they were out there all day. The whole second quarter again and much of the third. They played great but were gassed. They kept us in the game for sure

VN Store

Back