'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Pittsburgh Pregame/Game Thread

Like I said; at least he isnt Pruitt. We woulda gotten trounced. Pitt isnt that good. They arent UMASS or TN Tech. But, they are middle of the road. anyway, gotta find a qb.

********. Pitt is good...their QB is really good. We had chances but not without an established QB and system.

Heupel and Banks coached their asses off with the limitations they had.

He took over an offense that was 127 out of 128 teams in the country in scoring. His first year they were 48th and his second they were 14th. Fans may have hated him, idk, but he wasn't getting run out of Missouri.

And put up points and yards against garbage teams and was routed by similar competition. It is what it is.

You think coaches are willing to lose and get fired cuz the fans might say I told you so? Haha

Umm yea can you imagine the uproar hell the fan base would raise if Bailey was the answer this whole time and they passed on him?..that would make two different coaching staffs

Last edited:
Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
Umm yea can you imagine the uproar hell the fan base would raise if Bailey was the answer this whole time and they passed him?..that would make two different coaching staffs
I think they’d like to win first and foremost. Their career is on line.

Pitt is better than Mizzou, UK and USC.
Could be. Now we're in agreement. Though I'm not sure we'll be favorites over UK tbh. Depends how the next few games go. I'm considering Pitt, mizzou, uk, etc as all within the ~50-50 range. Not as 24 pt favorites like you had us 😉

You’re funny. It’s a game bruh.
It is for us. It is a job and millions of dollars on the line for these coaches and players. So there is a large amount of liability laying on those mistakes. They should be held accountable for something so egregious, no??

B b but Dormady was 10-10 in it!

Frfr though don't mind seeing QB2 if Milton is out. Down to just HH qb1 and HB qb2. Vs tn tech surely they both play. But HB has to be wayyy better than he was last year. Can't lead the league in sack and fumble rate again and worse than jg in uncatchable%. Throws a catchable ball though...would just be a different more dink n dunk offense. But if it works it works. NEED Evans back too.

This. His 70% completion percentage from last season that some continue to reference is very deceiving imo.

********. Pitt is good...their QB is really good. We had chances but not without an established QB and system.

Heupel and Banks coached their asses off with the limitations they had.
We'll make Tech's QB look good too

This. His 70% completion percentage from last season that some continue to reference is very deceiving imo.
Yeah. He was "100%" vs TAMU. He was "8/8". He also only took 10 dropbacks and fumbled on 2 of them...can't fumble on 20% of a game's drives and expect to be the starter the next year.

But some have serious myopia when it comes to that kid, for whatever reason. Don't believe it has to so with...certain things...as some do, but maybe they are just too "close" to the kid being Atlanta/Georgians or watching him throughout HS idk. Hard to explain, but definitely an emotional dissonance for some. But if he is now QB2 due to Milton being out, then by all means let's see him vs TTU. Hope he crushes it. Would love for anyone to. But trust the coaches until otherwise.

Gotta pass on point in practice if you're not a runner type that can't show off your special traits in practice. As a pocket passer...obviously you have to be able to throw really well vs air/in practice if anyone is going to have any trust in you...

Absolutely sucks. He left at minimum 14 points in the field today. The absolute worst deep ball thrower I have ever seen. He doesn’t even give his guys a chance.

Hyatt knock himself out because he was the only wide receiver catching up to that ball.

Are you blaming Milton for Hyatt’s injury? Hit him in the hands. That’s bold and dumb.

This game, like most, was lost in the trenches and at the QB position.

I feel confident saying Heupel will fix the QB issue with time. Whether or not he can recruit well enough to get 7-9 SEC offensive linemen and 5-8 SEC level defensive linemen will tell the tale.

This game, like most, was lost in the trenches and at the QB position.

I feel confident saying Heupel will fix the QB issue with time. Whether or not he can recruit well enough to get 7-9 SEC offensive linemen and 5-8 SEC level defensive linemen will tell the tale.
Nope, this offense is a lot like Chip Kelly in his run at Oregon. Physical teams will give it fits.

I had to work a tournament at Bear Trace today. So I recorded and just finished 3 qrts cause espn cut away to a Tennis match. SERIOUSLY! Saw the final score. Other then stupid dumb self inflicted penalties, I did love the energy of the D. For me I hope Milton never sees the field again. He is terrible. I would rather have Hooker if your not going to play Bailey. I promise you Bailey would have hit Tillman on that wide open pass that Milton over threw by 10 yards. Milton has not accuracy at all. No touch on long passes. I am beginning to wonder about some of these coaches who are dead set on one player. Milton isn
t going to get it done. We faced a 6th year senior and for the most part our defense played good. We still don't have the players and that is clear for sure. Just hope we can still get it together somewhere in the season but I had no confidence that we would win today. Yes BVS is a horrible thing to have. lol

VN Store

Back