'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Pittsburgh Pregame/Game Thread

I know this isn’t Earth shattering, but I think we win if Hooker starts the game.

The only offense with Milton is everyone GO LONG!!!

That terrible spot on the 2 was a killer. This will likely be unpopular but I don’t think either QB this year has played better than HB last year. He can damn sure hit the odd long pass.

Also, the legend Dee Beckwith couldn’t see the field with the top 2 RBs out and a true freshman in front of him. He either needs to find a new position and/or we need to stop talking about him. Sorry; kind of bitter today.

JH made some bone head calls. Wasting time outs and not challenging the spot was terrible.
Agreed, but the gameplan was pretty good and the team didn’t lay down like past Tennessee teams would have.

Our problems are almost entirely roster related. I thought Pitt bailed us out a couple of times - Narduzzi is always comical with a lead.

People have to get over “not challenging.” You don’t have to in college football. The side judge was way out of position. That’s why college has an automatic review.

Reactions: Volnatic and I4Jay
I’m pisses and disappointed, but I’m not hopeless. We are missing a ton of starters and think the running ability of hooker might give us the ability to steal a game. Not sure his passing is where we need it but Milton is too inaccurate for it to matter.

I still miss the good ole days and am tired of being crappy but I don’t let losses ruin my weekend anymore. Pick ourselves up and focus on getting better and maybe steal a game from someone in the SEC.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Multiple things we did wrong this game, but my Gah if the refs don't F us with bad calls we win this game. If we play cleaner, we win this game. If we have a QB who can throw a deep ball, we win this game.

I went in thinking Pitt was a better team and would win. The fact that we almost had this game despite everything going poorly for us and very little going wrong for them gives me hope.

We have the same problem we've had for several years. We have no quarterback. With the other teams qb we would win that game by at least three touchdowns. That said Hooker had some good plays but not enough and then that int killed all hope. Run game was awful. Defense played hard but still couldn't stop 41 pts. We had a chance to tie on the goal line in the 4th and got manhandled. Penalties also killed us. A well played game by our guys and we win that one easily. But that ain't what happened. There was a little fight there but not enough.

Every year is a development year😂😂 fact is Harrison Bailey is nobody’s qb choice and wasn’t recruited by this staff or the previous staff coming out of high school is why he’s being passed over..they’re afraid we all will be able to say “we told you so”
You think coaches are willing to lose and get fired cuz the fans might say I told you so? Haha

A few questionable calls by the coaching staff but this game was lost by the players (and the refs didn’t help). They didn’t give up but it was an ugly game. We scored 34 and should Have scored 20 more.

VN Store

Back