'21 Recruiting Forum: Official Pittsburgh Pregame/Game Thread

Yeah, it could certainly happen. I think the QB thing will happen, no doubt about it. Heupel will figure out the QB room even if it doesn’t happen this year.

But at the end of the day, this game is about recruiting, tackling and blocking. I am skeptical we ever recruit enough “dogs” to compete at the top end of the SEC. I don’t think that necessarily precludes us from having a good enough offense where we reach 7-9 wins.

I don’t know. Not the place for this discussion. Any outcome tomorrow would not surprise me because I don’t think either team is very good.

If Milton is on, we’ll win by a lot. If he isn’t, we’ll probably lose by a lot.
TN has recruited at the top of this sport. Even with Pruitt and Butch we recruited in the top 10. But you’re skeptical we can recruit.

This is how we know you’re trolling. 5 more.

TN has recruited at the top of this sport. Even with Pruitt and Butch we recruited in the top 10. But you’re skeptical we can recruit.

At the end of the day if we win Tennessee recruits itself, and I think CJH understands he has to be relentless on the trail. I think he’s put together a very good recruiting staff.

At the end of the day if we win Tennessee recruits itself, and I think CJH understands he has to be relentless on the trail. I think he’s put together a very good recruiting staff.
Look at basketball recruiting. We have no tradition in that sport and we’re recruiting at the top. But “we can’t recruit in football!” So ridiculous. We haven’t won in over a decade and our coaches still recruit in the top 10. Win, put players in the league, and TN can recruit with anyone.

So tired of the trolling

This isn't the same recruiting staff as Pruitt and Butch, Bass.
Sure thing Cat. Rodney Garner can’t recruit.

People said Barnes couldn’t recruit. He won. He put guys in the league. Now he gets about whoever he wants.

This is such a stupid argument I’m not wasting my time with it today

This isn't the same recruiting staff as Pruitt and Butch, Bass.
You're right, its actually better.

Ive followed recruiting for nearky 20 years, back to The Real Viper, LWS, Cajun...all VQ OG's. Garner is the best in the business. Period. To do what this staff is doing with whats out there. Impressive.

Correction, this would actually be 21st year*😩

Look at basketball recruiting. We have no tradition in that sport and we’re recruiting at the top. But “we can’t recruit in football!” So ridiculous. We haven’t won in over a decade and our coaches still recruit in the top 10. Win, put players in the league, and TN can recruit with anyone.

So tired of the trolling

Same as baseball. Once recruits figure out the HC/staff knows what they are doing and that they will be developed, top players start coming to UT.

It's science. ;)

Same as baseball. Once recruits figure out the HC/staff knows what they are doing and that they will be developed, top players start coming to UT.

It's science. ;)
It is. Once we win again, players will line up. Especially if Heup’s success with QB’s and receivers continues here. We’ll be one of the top destinations for offensive players. And Garner will remain one of the top recruiters on the DL. Just gotta win. Not hard

He thinks Heupel and staff absolutely suck at recruiting...he has pretty much said that since Heupel was hired.

Reactions: VOLSONLY

I’m not trolling.

Do you think Heupel ever gets a top 15 class here? I’m not so sure.

We win tomorrow and get Nolen committed by the time we kick off in Gainesville, we will 100%.
Imagine saying we won’t get a top 15 class under a coach who is 8 months on the job dealing with sanctions. This is the kind of crap I’m tired of.

If Heupel wins here he’ll recruit top 5. With Nolen he has a shot at getting top 15 this year.

We win tomorrow and get Nolen committed by the time we kick off in Gainesville, we will 100%.
I saw some 247 class calculations on Twitter that had us around #23 even with Nolen in the boat.

I don’t follow it close enough to say anything is impossible - I just don’t see it with this group of coaches. Doesn’t mean they aren’t good X/O and development guys.

So we’re just going to assume our coaches can’t recruit for no reason.

Makes sense

It's really less about the recruiters than the coaches. WM puts dudes in the league. He'll recruit because of that. Ditto for RG. Heupel has Heisman winners and has put numerous guys in the league. Again, he'll recruit because of that.

Oh...and UT recruits UT.

Win. They'll come. Dumb to believe otherwise.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

VN Store

Back