Tyler Bray on taking money and fighting with Dooley

That would be a negative. A real live Nuke Laloosh from Bull Durham

We could have in ‘10 but he did the throatslashing thing vs NC before the he threw the INT in overtime. Had a chance in ‘11 but chose not to go to a “******** bowl game” so he let a WR beat him at Ky to stop a 35 yr winning streak.

This is a perfect example of what's wrong with our fanbase. The guy threw for 3700 yds and 30+ TDs in 2012 but it's his fault our defense gave up 500+ YPG in SEC play.

A lot of our fans have VN syndrome (Vomit Noodles), they just like ramen our players into the ground, first and even no chance they get. Just love spaghetting bent out of shape and noodling the team and players. That type of fan will always have a beef or ravioli in good times or bad times. They got Maggi in the belfry and just can't Knorr good thing cause they are geared only for negavoling. They probably think they Barilla donnas, but they're just a bunch of darn pastas! On the other hand, I like macaroni and cheese infused with whopped up Nathan's hot dogs and served with a glass of Rapazzini Chateau De Garlic Drinking Wine.

Hard to listen to these two hosts constantly saying "Like" and "Wow". Reminded me of this.

4xa54s.png

We could have in ‘10 but he did the throatslashing thing vs NC before the he threw the INT in overtime. Had a chance in ‘11 but chose not to go to a “******** bowl game” so he let a WR beat him at Ky to stop a 35 yr winning streak.
Clueless post

So all paid sports are the same as "pro" wresrling?

Meetings sre held prior to contests to decide the storyline and the winners and losers?

Sounds like a bit of an overreaction to allowing players to make money in the open.

College football is the same as always just slightly more honest about the paying of players.
I said college football nothing about all paid sports.
No competition is legitimate without a level playing field.
Pro football has salary caps. College football is dominated by the teams that have the highest paid rosters. No meetings needed to decide the outcome. Ga St might beat Tn, ETSU might beat Vandy. But that is due to gross incompetence. We have our share of "gross"
Of coarse college players should be paid. They work for the profit of the universities.

I was told Alabama had their own Chevrolet dealership to keep top athletes in Vettes and Camaros. Don’t doubt it. College sports have been the de facto sports minor league for years.

Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol
Absolutely. Now we have "NIL" money being handed out totally above board and in the open. MILLION dollar deals going to players while they are competing in NCAA football. I'm old enough to remember when it was contorversial for a college player to drop out early to go into the NFL for the money. Yesterday I heard about a kid who dropped out of HIGH SCHOOL to play for a power 5 University because an agent had already secured him a FAT NIL deal. I appreciate the fact that the hypocrisy has been eliminated. The myth of the so-called "Student Athlete" has been put to rest and we can all see what's really happening. I don't like it...but there it is.

I really wish the NFL would form their OWN Farm League; that way we could get back to College Students Playing College Ball. What we have now is a Joke. No Loyalty, No Class, No attachment to the SCHOOL except the Jersey they wear. Hypocrisy at it's finest . The good NEW American way, BUYING SUCCESS.

So all paid sports are the same as "pro" wresrling?

Meetings sre held prior to contests to decide the storyline and the winners and losers?

Sounds like a bit of an overreaction to allowing players to make money in the open.

College football is the same as always just slightly more honest about the paying of players.
Do not know about using the term,"honest." There are times when it is concerning that players are on the take when you are playing around the point spread. You see reliable players not performing at a reliable level. I suspect the money game is much larger than people think it is sometimes. Especially when you see players who have little loyalty to the team they are playing for. When players get paid someone is expecting results.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Bray was Statistically one of all time best QBs ever. Have a better take
Bray was unquestionably a talented QB, but he provided no leadership for his teammates. Good college teams typically have a few strong leaders on the team and often they are the QB’s. I wonder if the Dooley years might have gone different if they had of had a few strong leaders on the roster to help combat Dooley’s piss poor leadership? Those teams had some talent to work with. IMHO

Lemme get this straight, we paid Tyler Bray? Money? To play football for Tennessee? Refresh my memory, did he ever actually exhibit a pulse while playing football and get us a winning record at UT?

We paid him? To play? At an SEC level? Someone agreed to pay him thinking he'd play SEC level football?

It was Dooley? Millionaire, via TN.

Paging Mike Hamilton....... Mike Hamilton, TN made you millionaire missionary to Africa, didn't they? Why yes, yes they did......

QB, paid for losing seasons. Check!
Coach, $5M buyout,. Check!
AD, $1.3M buyout. Check!

One always reads in a prospectus: Past performance is no guarantee of future results.

God, I hope not.
He was way better than you are giving him credit. Those defenses were horrid.

Do not know about using the term,"honest." There are times when it is concerning that players are on the take when you are playing around the point spread. You see reliable players not performing at a reliable level. I suspect the money game is much larger than people think it is sometimes. Especially when you see players who have little loyalty to the team they are playing for. When players get paid someone is expecting results.

They have always received pay...

That pay bought the vast majority of the money people access to the players and program. Being in the open and under contract would likely eliminate the nefarious things that might otherwise happen.

Players have been getting paid for years. It’s probably the worst kept secret in college football sports it’s just no one wants to admit it or be caught doing it

Does not state the case quiet strongly enough. I have been told by family and a player that were there (at UT) in the 30's that "pay" was happening back then!!

Reactions: Volbrando

VN Store

Back