2022 Recruits

Every roster should have four post players and 8 perimeter players that would be ideal. We will need to replace Emily and Tamari so Oldacre and Rosario or others certainly would be top choices for the Lady Vols. They would be solid fives while Striplin is more like a stretch four and Puckett can play there as well or the three. Were also losing Green who is a smaller type inside player and Dye who can play some inside, but is versatile enough to play the three position. We need some big inside players like Oldacre and Rosario very badly in this class and next.

Every roster should have four post players and 8 perimeter players that would be ideal. We will need to replace Emily and Tamari so Oldacre and Rosario or others certainly would be top choices for the Lady Vols. They would be solid fives while Striplin is more like a stretch four and Puckett can play there as well or the three. Were also losing Green who is a smaller type inside player and Dye who can play some inside, but is versatile enough to play the three position. We need some big inside players like Oldacre and Rosario very badly in this class and next.

the three, has to be able to take their defender off of the dribble. This is a must...I will have to see this aspect of Puckett and Dye's games to see them as a 3,,,right now, Kaiya, Burrell and Horston are the only ones I consider can do this consistently

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

Emily and Tamari are rising juniors. They each have two years of eligibility left, (covid year plus senior year) if they choose to play them, correct?

the three, has to be able to take their defender off of the dribble. This is a must...I will have to see this aspect of Puckett and Dye's games to see them as a 3,,,right now, Kaiya, Burrell and Horston are the only ones I consider can do this consistently

Then how do you view Marta? a Four?

Emily and Tamari are rising juniors. They each have two years of eligibility left, (covid year plus senior year) if they choose to play them, correct?
They can but I expect Tamari to get drafted and we'll have to wait and see about Emily's plans. I doubt the extra year will have any bearing on our desire to sign Oldacre and Rosario if they are so inclined to choose Tennessee.

They can but I expect Tamari to get drafted and we'll have to wait and see about Emily's plans. I doubt the extra year will have any bearing on our desire to sign Oldacre and Rosario if they are so inclined to choose Tennessee.

Thanks. Do you expect Tamari to get drafted after this coming season?

You should already know that Dye has that ability by watching the NCAA Tourney. Puckett did it in high school have to wait and see since she hasn't played yet at this level, but I think she has that game ability.

I agree with this analysis. I would add that Emily, if she decides to stay for a fifth year and keeps progressing, she should get significant minutes.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I agree with this analysis. I would add that Emily, if she decides to stay for a fifth year and keeps progressing, she should get significant minutes.

I could be wrong but I believe Emily will get significant minutes this season. We'll see the progression that she's made in a few weeks. No one knows, that can say, just how much better players are today vs last year but I expect every player will be better.

Reactions: 37620VOL
Then how do you view Marta? a Four?

I'm not as sold on Marta as Coach K seems/seemed to be. Until I see that she can excel in the American version of BB, I am a little on the uncertain side...Travels, mis-cues,,,I realize that there is a period of adjustment, but, until I see what they see, , , ,??

I'm not as sold on Marta as Coach K seems/seemed to be. Until I see that she can excel in the American version of BB, I am a little on the uncertain side...Travels, mis-cues,,,I realize that there is a period of adjustment, but, until I see what they see, , , ,??
She was a freshman that dealt with an injury. We probably didn’t see her full potential.

She was a freshman that dealt with an injury. We probably didn’t see her full potential.

We actually had more injuries then we knew about. Horston was playing with multiple injuries, we knew marta's foot, and now we are learning that Davis was actually playing hurt which led to a stress fracture.

Last edited:
What I noticed about Marta was her overall toughness playing through that injury. Watching her play, I knew she was injured hobbling up the court. But she still wanted to compete even in some pain. Foot injuries are weird because they really do take time to heal, but she looked to be moving pretty well in the tournament this summer and is in better physical shape, so let's hope she is fully healed with that injury behind her and can play to her potential this fall. She plays hard and wants to win. To me, that is a must-have for any player wearing a Lady Vol Uniform!!

Thanks. I asked because her home country used her as a post player in international competition this summer, even though she seems to have changed her body to a leaner version. She played competently down low, but didn't stand out. I noticed her stats from last season and her three point shooting is not bad. When you consider how many capable players we have at the four, I'm wondering if the plan is for her to compete as a three or a three/four hybrid.

Thanks. I asked because her home country used her as a post player in international competition this summer, even though she seems to have changed her body to a leaner version. She played competently down low, but didn't stand out. I noticed her stats from last season and her three point shooting is not bad. When you consider how many capable players we have at the four, I'm wondering if the plan is for her to compete as a three or a three/four hybrid.
I would assume that she may be pretty capable of playing the 2-4. I remember Kellie commenting last year that she had the basketball smarts, passing, and ballhandling skills to play 1-4. I would think maybe the 1 and 2 would take a little more speed than Marta has but I have seen others not so quick play those positions effectively.

Oops. Amiya Jenkins is still being recruited.
I erroneously posted a tweet about another Amiya. Here's a tweet about Amiya Jenkins. She must be fast:

Last edited:
Reactions: krichunaka

VN Store

Back