Joe Milton quote

He should define "all". Does it include seeing open receivers, going through progressions, putting touch on the ball,and actually seeing and hitting running lanes? I think "all" in his mind means "throw it 70 yards". That's it.

He criticized himself after Heupel likely had a convo about leadership and humility. Go check your tape of what yhe convo was when Milton came off the field after his superman and Cam pose. You think he said good job ? I find it doubtful so he is teaching so thats a positive
I do think that Heupel won’t stick with him for the entire year if his playing doesn’t improve significantly. Maybe 4-5 games in he will be much improved. I’d wager that he will get a few SEC games under his belt before they make a switch.

I do think that Heupel won’t stick with him for the entire year if his playing doesn’t improve significantly. Maybe 4-5 games in he will be much improved. I’d wager that he will get a few SEC games under his belt before they make a switch.
Well I hope that ultimately is decided before FL. And I will dbl down if he can't play well against these next two he wont against this conference. Now that said if he gets the ball out on time, displays touch and accuracy then by all means even if he makes a mistake or two ride him into UF. Cut out the unnecessary clark kents and play football. The guys that have played before you on that field deserve more respect

From 24/7:

This remains to be seen, IMO. Had some really good moments, but this quote seems to be a little bit less than humble at this point, especially with the next game opening at home as a slight underdog (currently +1.5 from what I last read).
I never heard Peyton Manning, Tee Martin, or Casey Clausen say anything even close to that arrogant and they accomplished enough to talk. Joe needs to do better than 11-23 with a turnover before he starts talking about being able to do it all.

Reactions: Squoshua17 and A.J.
From 24/7:

This remains to be seen, IMO. Had some really good moments, but this quote seems to be a little bit less than humble at this point, especially with the next game opening at home as a slight underdog (currently +1.5 from what I last read).

So just to be clear, you'd prefer we have a QB who isn't confident?

This isn't anything outside the norm. We're talking about elite athletes. OF COURSE they are going to think highly of their skills.

From 24/7:

I think his statement upsets me more than his poor performance. If he had even said our team instead me I would be more comfortable. Confidence is necessary, but over confidence is a disaster

He’s got the highest ceiling of any QB on the roster and it’s not even close.
Highest ceiling to do what? Overthrows? 100mph fastballs that are not strikes? Curling like a roly poly bug when he runs the ball? He is 6’4” 240 and he thinks he is Superman but runs like a sissy. He is no Scam Newton. Please let him know that…

Reactions: Big Al Orange
But he can do it all. He can stand like a statue, he can stare down his receivers, he can be the least gifted running QB we’ve ever witnessed.
And you have ascertained this all from one game.

That does it. We should cancel the program or join the MAC

Milton may not be the answer, but some of our fans are complete jokes in running him down thread after thread. Give him another game to prove his worth before you chastise him everyday on here…

At least he realizes execution is the key. Let's see if he can make it happen. If he's the guy, I hope so.

I thought most position groups looked ok other than 1. I wouldn't go as far as saying it was atrocious. It does leave a lot to be desired. Now we should shift focus to Pitt. Obviously growth is needed at all spots and depth continue to be built. Specifically OL. Which brings me to the question. Ollie Lane, what did you guys think of him and is he serviceable against the SEC ? Most of those guys played aggressive I thought and drove some people into the ground. Missed a few blocks, but played well in run fits.

How does this quote make him sound cocky?

Most student athletes think the same way. Would you rather him come out and say he sucks?

Y’all kill me.
If he is gonna say stuff like "I can do it all" he best be playing at a very high Level! So Far he is NOWHERE near that.

Execution? A person that wants to execute for Tennessee football? Great!. I haven’t heard someone wanting to execute around here in 15 years.🤔🔥🔥🔥💣

When you’ve got a guy like me that can do it all, it’s all about the execution part of it.

It’s ALWAYS about the EXECUTION of plays that separates the pretenders from the contenders…..

A QB that executes consistently with efficiency is what must be done to succeed.

If he is gonna say stuff like "I can do it all" he best be playing at a very high Level! So Far he is NOWHERE near that.

Ok but that still doesn’t prove my point.

No athlete is going to come out and say I’m terrible.

What would Peyton have said about himself if this would have been his own performance? I think most of us know.

Reactions: krichunaka
This is TENNESSEE. Molehill expansion is what we do best you know😂😂😂😂😂😂
Maybe when we get some wins we can unclench our posterior sphincters just a wee bit 😉
Arschlocher to you, sir. Don't have access to the umwalht.

Last edited:
Tell Milton the self given nickname “The Future” has run out of eligibility here.

It ain’t bragging if you can do it. Now show us you can do it.

I never heard Peyton Manning, Tee Martin, or Casey Clausen say anything even close to that arrogant and they accomplished enough to talk. Joe needs to do better than 11-23 with a turnover before he starts talking about being able to do it all.
He did score 3 touchdowns don't forget that stat and he produced a win. And I know it's a team game but pitchers and QB's get judged different. I hope he works with his receiver's this week and earns his glory. Thats the Gamble with as much Natural talent Heupel is gambling on coaching him up but if it don't pan out he has 2 more QB's who would love to show they can.

VN Store

Back