Heupel will figure out the QB position

We also seen him perform better against sec defenses than Milton did against a sh football team
What was he throwing against last year as a true freshman and still looked better than the hot garbage I seen last night. Not saying hb lit it up last year, but was better than what I saw last night
Saw. We saw. And you saw.

It's a tense thing.

Reactions: CSVol
I could say the same about people who blindly back a coach and a player that has proven nothing but being subpar. And to not keep your mind on past transgressions you are doomed to repeat mistakes. The fact that hb looked better in sec games last year and in the orange and white game this year than Milton did last night, almost guarantees the coach has “his” guy and didn’t really have a competition

I could say the same about people who blindly back a coach and a player that has proven nothing but being subpar. And to not keep your mind on past transgressions you are doomed to repeat mistakes. The fact that hb looked better in sec games last year and in the orange and white game this year, almost guarantees the coach has “his” guy and didn’t really have a competition

I'm sorry but CJH has coached one game. Milton has played one game. Why on earth would anyone doubt them yet? JG and Pruitt earned that by never getting better. You have to give the new guys time. They ain't the old guys. And Harrison Bailey abosulety did not look any better than Milton last year. Lmfao that's just blind bias right there. The orange and white game is glorified practice. It's not the same as a game so it's basically useless. The reality is we will not see Bailey on the field unless the two QBs ahead of him get hurt or fail horribly (which some people want just to say "I told you so" which is embarrassing). There's zero reason to doubt CJH at this point in time. Relax and let I play out. And at the end of the day if Bailey is the starting QB at the end of the season and is playing well....AWESOME but no I want say "I was wrong" because the point is no one knows. No one has any concrete proof of he is better in games or not at this point. It's just personal bias and guesses. Period.

Reactions: ThreatLevelOrange
See? You're one of these guys that wants to be right over wanting Tennessee to be successful. You want Milton to fail just so you can say "I told you so." If Bailey takes over and plays well I will be happy. I will be Happy if Hooker does. I will be happy if Milton does. But there has been ZERO evidence that Bailey is better than Milton or any other QB on the roster for that case. What has Bailey done? Seriously. Tell me. Let us know genius why Bailey is the best QB on the roster but can't even earn the backup job. Please enlighten us. Lol
He is the backup. Look at the depth chart. Hb and hh are 2. He wasn’t put in because coach don’t want to look like an idiot for starting garbage last night.

I'm sorry but CJH has coached one game. Milton has played one game. Why on earth would anyone doubt them yet? JG and Pruitt earned that by never getting better. You have to give the new guys time. They ain't the old guys. And Harrison Bailey abosulety did not look any better than Milton last year. Lmfao that's just blind bias right there. The orange and white game is glorified practice. It's not the same as a game so it's basically useless. The reality is we will not see Bailey on the field unless the two QBs ahead of him get hurt or fail horribly (which some people want just to say "I told you so" which is embarrassing). There's zero reason to doubt CJH at this point in time. Relax and let I play out. And at the end of the day if Bailey is the starting QB at the end of the season and is playing well....AWESOME but no I want say "I was wrong" because the point is no one knows. No one has any concrete proof of he is better in games or not at this point. It's just personal bias and guesses. Period.
Last night was glorified practice.

Reactions: DixieVol
He is the backup. Look at the depth chart. Hb and hh are 2. He wasn’t put in because coach don’t want to look like an idiot for starting garbage last night.

Hooker is the backup dude. Listen to anyone involved in the program. Lol go on with your dumb conspiracy theories, have a nice day. I don't feel like catching stupid. So see ya

Reactions: Vols All Day
This is pretty simple: you're being dishonest.

The argument that Milton must be the best because the coaches chose him holds every bit as much water as it did when people foamed at the mouth on here and said the same thing about JG because that staff - not just Pruitt, but also Chaney - had chosen him. That's just a lazy, facile argument; a less polite word for it would be mindless.

As I wrote in another post on the same subject: Bill Cowher, who is ten million times the coach Heupel will ever be, drafted Tee Martin over Tom Brady. So by your logic, Tee must have been a better QB than Brady at the time. Brian Billick drafted Chris Redman over Brady, so by your logic Redman must have been better than Brady at the time.

There are dumb and mindless assertions, and then there's claiming that the QB playing must be the best one because that's who the coaches chose.
Wow, dude. It's a pretty horrible look to call *him* dishonest while *you* completely misrepresent his post. You may want to go back and read his post.

Reactions: KptVFL
With every rep Milton takes, Coach is further invested in him. It would take radical fails to force a change. I hope he improves.

Reactions: Volle
When opinions are so illogical and stupid they deserved to be called out. There's no qB competition. Bailey has shown nothing, there's no proof he's the best QB on the roster. And Milton has played one game. To question the coaching staff just because of choices the last coaching staff made, that's a special kind of stupid. People that think Bailey is better than Milton are dumbasses who are just guessing. Because there's zero proof. That's not an opinion. That's a fact.
You have a poor understanding of the definition of the word “fact”.

And how do you know Bailey isn't Guarantano? Bailey is the third string QB dude. Lmao. Get off his nutsack and pull for whoever is in at QB.
I have no reason to think Bailey performs poorly during games - and neither do you. In fact Bailey has one hell of a pedigree, a record of accurate passing and good decisions.
I have every reason to think Milton is what we saw last night. He has established a pattern. Only a dimwit would dismiss the obvious. What's your excuse?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
See? You're one of these guys that wants to be right over wanting Tennessee to be successful. You want Milton to fail just so you can say "I told you so." If Bailey takes over and plays well I will be happy. I will be Happy if Hooker does. I will be happy if Milton does. But there has been ZERO evidence that Bailey is better than Milton or any other QB on the roster for that case. What has Bailey done? Seriously. Tell me. Let us know genius why Bailey is the best QB on the roster but can't even earn the backup job. Please enlighten us. Lol
And what exactly has Milton done ? His mechanics are horrible, has 0 progression and is a turnover waiting to happen in conference play. To add to that 4.5 40 ? BS he can't run. Couple that with the fact he comes off a sh1tty performance and tells the media " he can do it all " lol shut up and prove it before declaring it.

Milton just arrived on campus in June and it was the first game. Heupel is the expert on the QB position and he will get it right. Let’s see what happens in the Pitt game.

We won by 32 and a lot of good things happened including a solid rushing performance and good performance by the Defense.
I seriously doubt it!

Milton just arrived on campus in June and it was the first game. Heupel is the expert on the QB position and he will get it right. Let’s see what happens in the Pitt game.

We won by 32 and a lot of good things happened including a solid rushing performance and good performance by the Defense.
JG2 has to go!

"QB expert" - I believe that is what everyone was expecting, hence the disappointment.
And an exciting offense. I called my son in to take a look at the new offense right before the 2nd quarter. Boy that sure got him excited for UT football again. He passed out and missed most of the mess. Then I passed out in the 3rd for about 10 mins.

Reactions: Old Geezer
because he can't join another team until next year. He's better off getting reps and coaching with UT and waiting on his possible chance to play for the job than quitting. What Maurer did was stupid. HB would likewise be stupid to do the same thing.
HB can still compete hard and make strides to move up the depth chart. There is no set in stone Milton is the starter for ever. Folks on here seem to be hung up on this misconception.
Plus Bailey is a COVID Sophomore. He got piss pour QB coaching all season long last year from Chaney/Weinke. He has to shake off that cancerous coaching. If he is the competitor I believe he is…he’s not going to just fold over and quit.

HB can still compete hard and make strides to move up the depth chart. There is no set in stone Milton is the starter for ever. Folks on here seem to be hung up on this misconception.
Plus Bailey is a COVID Sophomore. He got piss pour QB coaching all season long last year from Chaney/Weinke. He has to shake off that cancerous coaching. If he is the competitor I believe he is…he’s not going to just fold over and quit.
Well that depends if he feels he is getting a real chance to compete for the head job. He wasn't coaxhed to take the job last year for sure. They sucked as coaches. And if Heupel put all his eggs in the Milton basket as some have basically said, I doubt he has been coached with the same effort put into Milton. Lot of if's in that equation

VN Store

Back