Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you do with bear oil?
Cook with it. Anytime you use vegetable oil or butter you can use bear oil. You can make soap or boot oil with it. It makes a fine beard oil as well.

Theres a lot of myth and legend surrounding Daniel Boone, but from what I can make out to be true: During Daniel Boone's longhunts, he would kill deer for the hides and only take some cuts of meat on rare occasions. He preferred bear meat, and he sold the rendered fat by the barrel because it was so valuable and useful. He would also make money on other small game furs he hunted and trapped.

Fun fact: he never wore a coonskin cap. He wore a beaver hat.

Cook with it. Anytime you use vegetable oil or butter you can use bear oil. You can make soap or boot oil with it. It makes a fine beard oil as well.

Theres a lot of myth and legend surrounding Daniel Boone, but from what I can make out to be true: During Daniel Boone's longhunts, he would kill deer for the hides and only take some cuts of meat on rare occasions. He preferred bear meat, and he sold the rendered fat by the barrel because it was so valuable and useful. He would also make money on other small game furs he hunted and trapped.

We like to rub it all over our tents when camping. Preferably early Spring or late fall.

There's a really good epi of Meateater where Steve and his buddy (who exclusively hints Black Bear) do a hunt out West.

Dude is an encyclopedia on bear prep.

Last edited:

I remember seeing this picture back in 2007. It looked so genuine. The head coach comforting his quarterback, letting him know it was alright, after we'd lost a heartbreaker of an SEC championship game. We were so close. We've been so close so many times. When do we get over the hump?

Who has any insight on where to buy cheap tickets on gameday? I’m assuming there won’t be dudes with fistfuls of tickets standing on Cumberland like in the past. The school needs to have an easy place for fans to walk up and buy tickets day of so they don’t go unused.
I might know someone with 2 tickets to the Pitt game for $40/ea

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I remember seeing this picture back in 2007. It looked so genuine. The head coach comforting his quarterback, letting him know it was alright, after we'd lost a heartbreaker of an SEC championship game. We were so close. We've been so close so many times. When do we get over the hump?

Dang I didn’t remember that pic was that game. I left the Georgia dome that game cussing EAs rear end. I was never a fan of him.

Read above post

Reactions: SoilVol
We like to rub it all over our tents when camping. Preferably early Spring or late fall.

There's a really good epi of Meateater where Steve and his buddy (who exclusively hints Black Bear) do a hunt out West.

Dude is an encyclopedia on bear prep.
Clay Newcomb... I'll just say I know Clay personally and just had a convo with him Sunday. Arkansas fan and grad, but a darn good dude.

If it's the hunt in Montana from this spring I actually ran into him the next day at an event in Missoula.

I had the same reaction, every Labor Day weekend on our annual squirrel hunt we sat and listened. Every year, they’ll never be another as good imo
Back in the day when most games weren't televised, we'd all gather around radio and listen to John Ward. I don't know how many times I was deer hunting and had a small radio with an ear thing listening to him paint that beautiful picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back