Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything I'm saying is why that's not the most important thing to who is the best - productivity and efficiency are - not just volume. Does anyone really think Arian Foster is the best RB to ever play at UT? He leads total yards for all backs...by 350 yards. C'mon.

Yep, my thought as well. Foster & Hurd are 1 & 2 in volume. The only 2 guys in UT history at RB to get over 600 touches as well.

We've had some pretty elite RBs in our history though. Hopefully we can return to expecting 1k rushing from our #1 moving forward.

I just can't put people on my list I never saw play live, also both only had 1 good season while here and neither went over 1300 yards. For me I look at how many carries it takes for them to get where they get, one reason Stephens and Hurd were both left off my list.

I look at Houston's career and the fact he did what he did with his highest carry count being 181.

Cobb and Webb were what we HOPED Hurd and Kamara would be. Kamara is proving us half right in the pros.

I just can't put people on my list I never saw play live, also both only had 1 good season while here and neither went over 1300 yards. For me I look at how many carries it takes for them to get where they get, one reason Stephens and Hurd were both left off my list.

I look at Houston's career and the fact he did what he did with his highest carry count being 181.
Epic rushers. Never was wowed by Houston. Decent back but no number gymnastics put him on a higher plane…but that’s MY list. You couldn’t have been around for Barry Sanders at Oklahoma State either…he rate?

Epic rushers. Never was wowed by Houston. Decent back but no number gymnastics put him on a higher plane…but that’s MY list. You couldn’t have been around for Barry Sanders at Oklahoma State either…he rate?

Sadly I didn't get to see Sanders play in college. I'd probably be an even bigger fanboy if I had lol

I came in early 90s so basically the first season when Barry went over 1800 I remember well.

I will say this, based on just looking at the stats I think both Cobb & Webb are elite RBs.

Usually for me if I'm looking at just stats and not "what I saw" I start at the YPC and in college if you're below 5.0 then it's hard to push you into a "top 5" list for me.

Reactions: butchna
Good list. I want to see:

1. Explosive plays of 25 yards or more - i want to see a bunch of them.
2. Offensive rhythm - limited penalties and alignment or pre-snap penalties.
3. O Line PUSH - let's push some people around for crying out loud
4. D Line PUSH - would be awesome to get pressure on an opposing QB.
5. LB play - Can J Banks be a starter? We are really thin - w would like to be surprised.
6. No injuries :)
Go ahead and do not hold anything that can be thrown at the TV tomorrow and just prepare yourself for a litany of false starts with this tempo.

One of the things people aren't talking about to, with this offense, we're going to create a lot of penalties for the other team. I'm watching the Pitt game from 2 years ago and midway through the 3rd quarter they've been offsides at least 3 times already. Every time Gabriel threw it deep for the free play.
Except Milton deep for the free play is definitely big yards or pass interference.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
Everything I'm saying is why that's not the most important thing to who is the best - productivity and efficiency are - not just volume. Does anyone really think Arian Foster is the best RB to ever play at UT? He leads total yards for all backs...by 350 yards. C'mon.
I'm confused. Volume's not a feature of productivity? My point is Hurd, like Foster, had a notable career at UT. I respect that. Do I wish Chuck Webb hadn't blown out his knee. Yes I wish that. Same with Hayden. I really loved watching Hayden run. The rushing stats showed he was in the game as a starting running back and accounted for a lot of yardage productivity. My comments was made in the context of some posters who would prefer to see JH's stats erased from the record books. (Yes, taking rhetorical liberties!) I am appreciative of Hurd's time here. He gave plenty of effort. Too bad he was coached by a coach who couldn't break-through.

One thing I did discover that I wasn't aware of...

There's been one player in UT history with 1k receiving yards and 1k rushing yards. Stanley Morgan. I would love to see some old film on that guy playing!
Stanley Morgan made a catch one year against Kentucky laying out to catch a bomb that may be the best catch I have ever seen.

Good article here. I believed that coach Hype from the beginning knows what a starting QB looks like. Reading this makes me more excited about our football team. The sad thing for me is that I am trying to get over the last several years of a HC playing a QB that was so bad and lost so many many games for us and the HC kept throwing him out there. Coach Hype has a track record of trotting out QB that end up being outstanding and if CH says Joe Milton is the guy here is all in! Please Joe take these doubts from me! Erase JG from my brain! LOL GBO!! SO EXCITED!!

That ESPN radio show in SC just straight up picked tennessee to lose to USC. Said they have more positive momentum and we are “in shambles”
How are we in shambles? That team over on the hill is literally more positive than at any time the past 3 years.

That ESPN radio show in SC just straight up picked tennessee to lose to USC. Said they have more positive momentum and we are “in shambles”

Personally, I don’t consider having to plug in a member of your coaching staff to play the most important position on the field “positive momentum,” but I don’t work for ESPN.

Personally, I don’t consider having to plug in a member of your coaching staff to play the most important position on the field “positive momentum,” but I don’t work for ESPN.
Bunch of idiots…. Lol
text 71307, start the text with “ESPN” and let them know how you feel. Would love to hear them get flooded by us lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back