Critical race theory and elections

Workshop or WOKESHOP? University of Kentucky hosted $5,000 anti-racism seminar where deans and top faculty were Taught to Accept Their 'Hhite Inferiority' and Filled Out Pledge Cards With Steps to Erase Inequality

The University of Kentucky hosted a $5,000 anti-racism workshop where deans and top faculty members were instructed to accept their 'white inferiority' and filled pledges for how they will enhance diversity, equity and inclusion within their departments.

Titled 'Cultivating an Anti-Racist Mindset for Academic Administrators,' the workshop was hosted by the Center for Healing Racial Trauma last winter, and offered instruction on how to alleviate the effects of racism and prevent it.

Spearheaded by University of Kentucky psychology Professor Candice Hargons, the session involved faculty members filling out prompts about their 'chosen metric for anti-racism,' to whom they have chosen to be accountable, and the steps they've taken thus far to address it.

Fifty of the university's faculty members attended the workshop, according to an invoice obtained by the Young America's Foundation which revealed the Center for Healing Racial Trauma charged $5,000 to host it.

University of Kentucky anti-racism workshop taught faculty to accept 'white inferiority' | Daily Mail Online

A Teachers Union Is Suing A Rhode Island Mom To Stop Her From Seeing Their Critical Race Theory Curriculum

Nicole Solas is a Rhode Island mother who raised the ire of the NEA teachers union and the attention of national media when she stood up at a school board meeting to demand school records on Critical Race Theory in the classroom. Solas first told her story to Legal Insurrection.

As it turns out, the Rhode Island mother’s fears have come true. On Wednesday, she received a complaint from the National Education Association, suing her to cease and desist her inquiries. The complaint accuses Solas of seeking to disclose “private” records, an astonishing claim from a public school. Legal Insurrection’s William A. Jacobson says it smells like “collusion.”

My initial take is that this smells collusive. South Kingstown doesn’t want to produce records and the union is helping them out. The lawsuit purports to prevent disclosure of “private” information, but the public records laws and Solas’ requests pursuant to those laws only require the district to produce public records. The district has been very aggressive in asserting exemptions and redacting documents, so the union’s concern and rush to court seems peculiar, at best.​
UPDATE: At the time of publication of this article news has broken that the Rhode Island NEA is filing an injunction against Solas to prevent the release of Critical Race Theory documents to the Solas camp.
Just what exactly are they scared of people seeing?

A Teachers Union Is Suing A Rhode Island Mom To Stop Her From Seeing Their Critical Race Theory Curriculum

Reactions: Rickyvol77
"Accurate viewpoints that are representative of the student bodies in their classrooms"....that is not called history, just "subjective history" or even indoctrination
Unless you’re just having students memorize events and their corresponding dates without any discussion, all history education requires “subjective history”, though I prefer the term “interpretation” in this context. That’s the point, though, is to not only learn what happened, but delve into why and how. Promoting critical thinking about historical events is a huge part of effective history education.

Here’s where I am on CRT: if it means teaching history in an unfettered manner, I’m for it. If it means refusing to whitewash ugly parts of our history and discussing it in a real way, I’m all for it. If it means pigeon-holing kids’ thought process into focusing on history in a strictly racial context, I’m out.

Well all of the liberal pukes from the liberal states are moving to Nashville so.... good luck.

I thought the very same thing so I did a quick search. She is homegrown but Nashville does have a lot of liberals.

Unless you’re just having students memorize events and their corresponding dates without any discussion, all history education requires “subjective history”, though I prefer the term “interpretation” in this context. That’s the point, though, is to not only learn what happened, but delve into why and how. Promoting critical thinking about historical events is a huge part of effective history education.

Here’s where I am on CRT: if it means teaching history in an unfettered manner, I’m for it. If it means refusing to whitewash ugly parts of our history and discussing it in a real way, I’m all for it. If it means pigeon-holing kids’ thought process into focusing on history in a strictly racial context, I’m out.

You think history is not already taught without context? Formation of America, the killing of natives, the Civil War and such? There is no whitewashing.

Last edited:
You think history is not already taught without context? Formation of America, the killing of natives, the Civil War and such? There is no whitewashing.
I don’t remember the killing of Native Americans being taught in the context of a horrible genocide, but objectively it certainly qualified. I do remember the euro-centric point of view about “Americans” exploring and conquering the west as being painted in a heroic light. That is a context from a singular point of view, the European point of view.

I don’t remember the killing of Native Americans being taught in the context of a horrible genocide, but objectively it certainly qualified. I do remember the euro-centric point of view about “Americans” exploring and conquering the west as being painted in a heroic light. That is a context from a singular point of view, the European point of view.
I learned about the slaughter of native Americans, the smallpox blankets, etc. Also slavery from the underground railroad to Frederick Douglass, etc. Also learned about the Japanese concentration camps that we had here and segregation. There was no whitewashing our own countries mistakes. But the curriculum never suggested anything about a race being inferior or superior or to blame for anything. CRT blames white kids and it's crap.

I learned about the slaughter of native Americans, the smallpox blankets, etc. Also slavery from the underground railroad to Frederick Douglass, etc. Also learned about the Japanese concentration camps that we had here and segregation. There was no whitewashing our own countries mistakes. But the curriculum never suggested anything about a race being inferior or superior or to blame for anything. CRT blames white kids and it's crap.
Smallpox blankets is a myth based on one incident. This is the problem with public schools is that the teachers usually don’t even know the actual facts

Smallpox blankets is a myth based on one incident. This is the problem with public schools is that the teachers usually don’t even know the actual facts
I don't recall learning it as a widespread strategy and it was a one time incident. But that's not the only example that type of incident in history. Mankind has always done messed up things and race had nothing to do with it. We are all guilty in the past.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
CTR is misused if it instills guilt in any way. Blame over why my great great grandpa did something to your great great grandpa isn’t the point. The point is when a group of people do something bad, calling it as such and explaining why. If those bad actions had a lasting effect on society, point it out and explain why that happened. The goal is understanding, not guilt IMO.

CTR is misused if it instills guilt in any way. Blame over why my great great grandpa did something to your great great grandpa isn’t the point. The point is when a group of people do something bad, calling it as such and explaining why. If those bad actions had a lasting effect on society, point it out and explain why that happened. The goal is understanding, not guilt IMO.
I agree with this. CRT assigns guilt to current parties. That is why it is being rejected. As it should be.

I don’t know what school you went to @OHvol40, but as @utvols88 stated, we we’re definitely taught about all those aspects of American history. I would say most people are very aware of our history and understand it in the proper context, scars and all. You’re always, unfortunately, going to have a few that are either uneducated or choose to ignore it. The problem arises when our .gov wants to dwell on those scars and present history in the classroom as though nothing has changed and not one ounce of progress has been made, which is categorically false and dumb.

I don’t know what school you went to @OHvol40, but as @utvols88 stated, we we’re definitely taught about all those aspects of American history. I would say most people are very aware of our history and understand it in the proper context, scars and all. You’re always, unfortunately, going to have a few that are either uneducated or choose to ignore it. The problem arises when our .gov wants to dwell on those scars and present history in the classroom as though nothing has changed and not one ounce of progress has been made, which is categorically false and dumb.
I agree it’s dumb to conflate today’s society to society 50 years ago, 100 years ago, or 250 years ago. It’s not the same, and progress has been made. It important to remember that progress comes in fits and starts and sometime involves regression. I agree that dwelling on the sins of our past isn’t the way to go, so long as we learn about them and learn from them. Acknowledging that we aren’t a finished product in our societal evolution isn’t a bad thing either.

The very purpose top to bottom is shame white people. White people on the streets literally washing the feet of blacks and all other non sense.

You want to teach history...talk about the African tribes selling opposing tribe members into slavehood, Indians with their own slaves, the formation of the KKK by the Dem party, the ugliness of Macolm X and his revolutionaries....We could go on and on.

Point being this is nothing but white shaming. So proponents can KMA.

The very purpose top to bottom is shame white people. White people on the streets literally washing the feet of blacks and all other non sense.

You want to teach history...talk about the African tribes selling opposing tribe members into slavehood, Indians with their own slaves, the formation of the KKK by the Dem party, the ugliness of Macolm X and his revolutionaries....We could go on and on.

Point being this is nothing but white shaming. So proponents can KMA.
Ah, thanks for the daily dose of bad faith, it wouldn’t be the VN PF without it.

Reactions: NashVol11

VN Store

Back