Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
OL injuries will have the QB scrambling--a factor in the QB decision. Calbert's injury hurt. We don't have quality depth. They'll put us in the best position to succeed, but staying healthy (and unquarantined) will have a big impact on the season.
I want to be optimistic, but I haven't witnessed have a "good" injury year in...hell I don't remember the last one we didn't lose several important players for multiple games, and even when they could play they weren't anywhere near 100%..

That is the main reason why I am so pessimistic about this season...I expect devastating injuries.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Then you have a good 10 years of use out of the pool. Roughly 30k . Plus higher utilities, work to keep it up. Just ask yourself, is it worth it? The normal answer is.... yes- while your kids are young and are playing and swimming.. but the teenage years.. people regret it because nobody swims and it's alot of work

This 100%. With your kids being young, would probably be worth it for the next 10 years.

Also you’ll make the money back you put into it on your re-sale value of the house.

My wife is big on getting a pool. But just to be clear, when we go places that have pools, she just lays out and doesn't actually swim if she gets in she just stands by the edge. I thunk she has memories from her childhood of how much fun she had at friends' houses with pools and it hasn't caught up to her that it's not going to get used now and is just a waste of money. "Go lay out in the yard!" I say.

I've been trying to convince her of a house on the water or one with a lake. Now, this swimming pond idea might be a good compromise... I'm going to have to look into that. I'd totally swim in it, and put a bunch of longear sunfish in it. Plus I love snakes, salamanders and frogs anyway and those are inevitable.

My wife is big on getting a pool. But just to be clear, when we go places that have pools, she just lays out and doesn't actually swim if she gets in she just stands by the edge. I thunk she has memories from her childhood of how much fun she had at friends' houses with pools and it hasn't caught up to her that it's not going to get used now and is just a waste of money. "Go lay out in the yard!" I say.

I've been trying to convince her of a house on the water or one with a lake. Now, this swimming pond idea might be a good compromise... I'm going to have to look into that. I'd totally swim in it, and put a bunch of longear sunfish in it. Plus I love snakes, salamanders and frogs anyway and those are inevitable.
15 Reasons to Create Your Own Beautiful Swimming Pond Now

Boys, let’s pivot for a second. I’ve had gas grills my entire adult life. We moved and sold the cheap one we had. My default plan was to get a Weber now and maybe a Kamado Joe in 1-2 years. But then my buddy bought a pellet grill and loves it. What’s the consensus here?
I have a grill/smoker/flat top obsession. I have everything under the sun haha. Pellets are okay, very convenient, get good moist food, great color but the smoke is meh. Kamado Joe/ BGE is the way to go IMO. You can also make them convenient by buying a $250-$300 regulator fan. All you have to do is set the temp and go do what you need to. They sell them at bbqguru.com.

I have a grill/smoker/flat top obsession. I have everything under the sun haha. Pellets are okay, very convenient, get good moist food, great color but the smoke is meh. Kamado Joe/ BGE is the way to go IMO. You can also make them convenient by buying a $250-$300 regulator fan. All you have to do is set the temp and go do what you need to. They sell them at bbqguru.com.
highly recommend

Boys, let’s pivot for a second. I’ve had gas grills my entire adult life. We moved and sold the cheap one we had. My default plan was to get a Weber now and maybe a Kamado Joe in 1-2 years. But then my buddy bought a pellet grill and loves it. What’s the consensus here?
Check out vision grills. I of course picked orange.

I don't get it..we have some friends that come up from Florida that go on and on about that place and I'm like..it's a friggin store..🤷‍♂️
Buc-ee's are the quintessential American store. It's a convenience store times 10, with a Cracker Barrel gift shop, and BBQ. Once the Soviets saw a 60 pump gas station that had beef jerky counters where 30 different flavors are sold by weight, they knew they couldn't compete with our system.

Griddle hands down. I through out my gas grill. I do have a pellet smoker and it also rocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back