What a Catch by Marquez Callaway!

He's been making those catches ever since he came here. And probably before then. I've always liked this guy. I've liked him the same if not more than JJ. He always finds a way to catch the ball. It's nuts. Saints got a steal. Only reason he was so low in the draft is cause of our coaching staff and the practice champion of the world!!!

Really wanted my Titans to get him. He's going to kill it.

Calloway, Jennings, and Palmer lived off contested catches all thru college. And they may even be the best 50 50 ball receivers we have ever had.
which is needed when qb's can't throw a stone in the ocean...

No offense whatsoever to Joey Kent or Marcus Nash, but think I just wonder how JJ, Calloway, Palmer would have stacked up w/ Peyton, Casey, Tyler, etc.

UT, "NFL Value Pick U"

How did we suck so bad????? SUICIDE WATCH
121920_BP_Tennessee_TexasAM_GameAction_0027.jpg

Reactions: northknoxvol
Guarantano

That might not be as farfetched as you think. Like many, I wanted so bad for him to succeed at the UT. While I'm glad he is gone, I believe the bulk of his problems was an OL that rarely gave him the time he needed. Defenses blasted through time and again and just leveled the guy. I suspect over time, he threw scared from the constant beatings he took. Whatever, I hope at WSU he is successful. He just might, under the right circumstances, end up being a high draft pick. Like Sarah Silverman says in her catchphrase: "It could happen."

250px-Stranger_Things_logo.png

So glad he (and several other) are getting to play in the NFL after suffering though poor coaching while at UT. Hope Coach Heuple and staff do a much better job at playe development.

That might not be as farfetched as you think. Like many, I wanted so bad for him to succeed at the UT. While I'm glad he is gone, I believe the bulk of his problems was an OL that rarely gave him the time he needed. Defenses blasted through time and again and just leveled the guy. I suspect over time, he threw scared from the constant beatings he took. Whatever, I hope at WSU he is successful. He just might, under the right circumstances, end up being a high draft pick. Like Sarah Silverman says in her catchphrase: "It could happen."

250px-Stranger_Things_logo.png
That first play against West Virginia made me sick to my stomach.

Maybe the best way to stop Marquez Callaway’s incredible summer is to just body him — hang onto his shoulder pads, knock him around a little bit, anything to get him off this rocketing trajectory to the stratosphere. Then again, the Jacksonville Jaguars tried to do that to the New Orleans Saints’ ascendant second-year receiver Monday night in the Caesars Superdome, and well, that didn’t work out too well for them. Callaway was stupendous for the second straight week. He didn’t even need to play a half Monday night to roast the Jacksonville secondary for 104 yards and two touchdowns on five catches, numbers that still don’t really do his performance justice.

...But this is the player the Saints have seen all training camp, one who was thrust into the lead receiver role because of injuries to All-Pro Michael Thomas and presumptive No. 2 Tre’Quan Smith. The door opened, and Callaway has burst through it, shining impossibly bright in the process.

...Callaway’s teammates love heaping praise on him. Quarterback Taysom Hill said there are no opportunities or situations that are too big for Callaway — that the team keeps creating bars for him to clear. For Winston, a noted energy guy himself, it’s the passion that Callaway brings to the game. “When he’s out there, you can tell, it’s like we’re playing little league football out there together,” Winston said. “He loves it so much. He has no fear in his heart. He has elite energy.”

Alvin Kamara has enjoyed watching all this unfold. Kamara and Callaway were teammates at the University of Tennessee, and Kamara took Callaway under his wing last year. Kamara thinks of him as a little brother, and earlier this week they spoke about this opportunity and everything that comes with it. “I think he’s stepping into it, embracing it and understanding the fact that a lot is expected of him because he’s looked at as a playmaker now,” Kamara said after Friday’s practice this week. “He knows that.”

If you didn’t also know it before Monday night, you do now.

Saints WR Marquez Callaway is a rising star, no matter what is thrown his way

Winston doesn’t need to be “salvaged”, he just needs to cut down mistakes, otherwise he’s a stat stuffer! You’re 💯 right on CSP’s infatuation with Hill! If he doesn’t let it go, he’ll get fired!
He’s not getting fired. Jim Mora is the only other coach in their franchise that has been over .500 winning % during their tenure. Everyone else, outside of Jim Haslett(.469), was in the .200-.300’s. You win a Super Bowl for a franchise like that and you will never be fired. Them winning the Super Bowl was like Vanderbilt winning the National Championship.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
This is outright insulting lmao. We have 3 players on the Saints ALONE that should have prevented us from losing to USC and Vandy in 2016. W T F
Just so you can hate ESPN more, if you look at the Saints roster on ESPN.com, it list Alvin Kamara college as Alabama...WTF!

VN Store

Back