What a Catch by Marquez Callaway!

Flags were thrown for interference but he laid out and brought it in!

View attachment 388859
Two of them. His second was even better. One handed also while falling and had to stay in bounds. Man coverage was tight.

I can’t help but wonder how much of the talent from this team will go proven to have been underutilized. We could have had Hurd, Calloway, Jenkins and Malone all receiving for us with Kamala and Kelly in the backfield lol.

Calloway would have had alot more TDs if the damn QB would have thrown the ball out in front of MC instead of behind him. Seems like every pass JG threw him was underthrown and Calloway had to come back and outjump a defender for the ball, no yds after catch, etc. Shrout throws one out in front of him, he goes and gets it and strolls in the end zone.......then they go back to JG?????

Two of them. His second was even better. One handed also while falling and had to stay in bounds. Man coverage was tight.

I can’t help but wonder how much of the talent from this team will go proven to have been underutilized. We could have had Hurd, Calloway, Jenkins and Malone all receiving for us with Kamala and Kelly in the backfield lol.
I didn't realize the Vice President played at the UT. I thought I watched most all of the games but must have slept through those.

Reactions: Easyriders
He’s not getting fired. Jim Mora is the only other coach in their franchise that has been over .500 winning % during their tenure. Everyone else, outside of Jim Haslett(.469), was in the .200-.300’s. You win a Super Bowl for a franchise like that and you will never be fired. Them winning the Super Bowl was like Vanderbilt winning the National Championship.
To clarify, I didn’t mean instantly and it would spinned as “retirement” but if Sean Payton is dumb enough to hitch himself to Hill, then he will undoubtedly start and accelerate his decline!

It's amazing to look at the talent that UT has had the past few years and haven't done anything with it.

Calloway would have had alot more TDs if the damn QB would have thrown the ball out in front of MC instead of behind him. Seems like every pass JG threw him was underthrown and Calloway had to come back and outjump a defender for the ball, no yds after catch, etc. Shrout throws one out in front of him, he goes and gets it and strolls in the end zone.......then they go back to JG?????

Just to add to that. I was at the Gator Bowl where Calloway was wide open twice in the end zone and the passes sailed 5 feet over his hands even with him jumping. Then Jennings gets in the ballgame in the second half, JG makes a horrific throw toward him that is a pick-6. Mauer leads us to a field goal but throws one up for grabs which is incomplete. Pruitt goes back to JG. I was so sick to my stomach that I had to leave the game early.

He's been making those catches ever since he came here. And probably before then. I've always liked this guy. I've liked him the same if not more than JJ. He always finds a way to catch the ball. It's nuts. Saints got a steal. Only reason he was so low in the draft is cause of our coaching staff and the practice champion of the world!!!

Really wanted my Titans to get him. He's going to kill it.
Callaway is another level better as a receiver than Jennings. Not even close

Reactions: MyVolsDropped
which is needed when qb's can't throw a stone in the ocean...

No offense whatsoever to Joey Kent or Marcus Nash, but think I just wonder how JJ, Calloway, Palmer would have stacked up w/ Peyton, Casey, Tyler, etc.

UT, "NFL Value Pick U"
Casey Clausen had Donte Stallworth, Kelley Washington, Eric Parker and Jason With an. LOL

He’s not getting fired. Jim Mora is the only other coach in their franchise that has been over .500 winning % during their tenure. Everyone else, outside of Jim Haslett(.469), was in the .200-.300’s. You win a Super Bowl for a franchise like that and you will never be fired. Them winning the Super Bowl was like Vanderbilt winning the National Championship.
Payton is easily a top 5 coach. The post suggesting he might be fired was silly and uninformed

Reactions: VolPack22
Payton is easily a top 5 coach. The post suggesting he might be fired was silly and uninformed
To clarify, I didn’t mean instantly and it would spinned as “retirement” but if Sean Payton is dumb enough to hitch himself to Hill, then he will undoubtedly start and accelerate his decline!
No it’s not “silly or misinformed”! It’s actually very perceptive! Additionally, we see so many times when coaches have success, their ego gets the best of them, they want more power, more personnel control, GM responsibilities, etc. And as soon as they get more, they lose their way! Payton is at a crossroads sans Brees and if the Saints slip into two or three or more years of slop and mediocrity because of those QBs, I assure you he will be “retired” fired!

No it’s not “silly or misinformed”! It’s actually very perceptive! Additionally, we see so many times when coaches have success, their ego gets the best of them, they want more power, more personnel control, GM responsibilities, etc. And as soon as they get more, they lose their way! Payton is at a crossroads sans Brees and if the Saints slip into two or three or more years of slop and mediocrity because of those QBs, I assure you he will be “retired” fired!
Winston will be fine

Reactions: beachvol23
Love seeing Calloway, Palmer and JJ doing great, the only downside is having to read post after post on how bad JG sucked. JG is gone, let it rest please..

Casey Clausen had Donte Stallworth, Kelley Washington, Eric Parker and Jason With an. LOL
We're aware...LOL...my point was about wondering how much more JJ, Callaway, Palmer would have done w/ better QB, but thanks for clearing it up.

VN Store

Back