Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would argue none of us go to those sources for information.
So you just meant the VQ and 247 guys? AP carried water for Pruitt for a long time, I will give you that one. I don't really trust any of the recruiting writers for who is going to have a good year for us because they don't see that much practice.

So you just meant the VQ and 247 guys? AP carried water for Pruitt for a long time, I will give you that one. I don't really trust any of the recruiting writers for who is going to have a good year for us because they don't see that much practice.
It’s a double edged sword. The journalists *we* like are probably homers, and they’re probably homers because they know that’s what we want.

It’s a double edged sword. The journalists *we* like are probably homers, and they’re probably homers because they know that’s what we want.

I think this is how hometown journalism is for pretty much every SEC program. I think it’s the Adamses and Hyamses that set us apart. Not every program has a guy that truly seems to relish publishing bad news regarding the program like Adam’s does, and Hyams, well that poor guy is just a total rain cloud and I’m pretty sure he’d be like that no matter where he went.

I think this is how hometown journalism is for pretty much every SEC program. I think it’s the Adamses and Hyamses that set us apart. Not every program has a guy that truly seems to relish publishing bad news regarding the program like Adam’s does, and Hyams, well that poor guy is just a total rain cloud and I’m pretty sure he’d be like that no matter where he went.
And for anyone who doubts that with Hyams and Adam’s, watch any press conference and listen to their specific questions. They are always digging for the negative. Hyams asked Hooker why he would help his teammates out when they are in active competition. They are ridiculous.

I think Kentucky will be better because they have a new OC, but there is no way they are a 10-2 team. I think Kentucky, Missouri and us will be fighting for 3-5 in the east. 5-7 to 8-4 type records.
An OC who has never been one before, right? Wasn’t he an assistant QB coach in the NFL? Is Stoops trying to see if he can catch lightning in a bottle, like Orgeron did with Joe Brady or whatever his name is?

I think Kentucky will be better because they have a new OC, but there is no way they are a 10-2 team. I think Kentucky, Missouri and us will be fighting for 3-5 in the east. 5-7 to 8-4 type records.

Do you know who that OC is? Maybe he does well. But he was the Rams’ assistant QB coach. Yes, assistant position coach. I know everyone starts somewhere, but he’s jumping to the SEC.

An OC who has never been one before, right? Wasn’t he an assistant QB coach in the NFL? Is Stoops trying to see if he can catch lightning in a bottle, like Orgeron did with Joe Brady or whatever his name is?
Got somebody associated with a successful offensive system to say yes. Had to go down that ladder a few rungs. Switching a scheme…either offensive or defensive generally takes at least a season of transition. Add much with an OC who’s never done the job? I could see a Larry Scott arc.

Yea it was the worst my family has ever seen it. We lost a barn, bush hog, a plow, and all our hay rings. Also the road washed out and is gone in front of our house. I still consider us lucky, our home or lives were in no danger, but a lot were not so lucky.
Praying for you and everyone. My hometown was affected by a flood back in '98 and it sucks.

They love him now

One of my all-time favorite Vols. He always delivered. He caught the go ahead touchdown in basically every meaningful SEC win over the past five or six years. Says a lot for him, but probably not much for the program since we haven’t had many meaningful SEC wins. Lol

Last edited:
Wait...is he one of the best or hardly ever right? I think we have to take into consideration that the journalists that cover our team have had to deal with years of covering a team that has underperformed. So if we have been disappointed in the final record, the journalists who told us about the athletes on the team are not to blame if those athletes did not do much of anything impressive on a team that managed to make people think KY is now a powerhouse.......then they end up impressing in the NFL.
He may not be right about predicting who will start and things like that, but he knows football better than just about any journalist who covers Tennessee.

One of my all-tune favorite Vols. He always delivered. He caught the go ahead touchdown in basically every meaningful SEC win over the past five or six years. Says a lot for him, but probably not much for the program since we haven’t had many meaningful SEC wins. Lol
Never knew he was good at music and football.

Reactions: volinexile17
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back