The " Strip" is beyond awful

Men, invest in a Waffle House, put it on the Strip, get rich, especially if u are one of the cooks, every weekend, beer bust and sporting event, yourself. I just need a backer

As I remember, most of the younger women on the show were fairly well endowed with outfits that didn't hide very much.

Barbara Stanwyck, big movie star in the 30s and 40s. She actually liked making Westerns so The Big Valley kept her working as the movie roles dried up.
Was it open 24 hours ? Doesn't really matter, it's not Waffle House, anyway

Oops, meant to quote TGO, saw well-endowed younger women and got confused

Reactions: VolNExile
Even drunk Krystals has never appealed to me.

Every now and then I go to the local Krystal, order too many cheese Krystals, eat them for lunch, and spend the rest of the afternoon in my own personal hell with my office door closed and the phone on do not disturb... and its totally worth it.

Every now and then I go to the local Krystal, order too many cheese Krystals, eat them for lunch, and spend the rest of the afternoon in my own personal hell with my office door closed and the phone on do not disturb... and its totally worth it.
We don’t have Greasetals around here, but when I drive through Knoxville, I’ll always grab three chili cheese pups and a side of extra-greasy fries and live to tell the tale.

I’ve never had any aftereffects from Krystals. Maybe it’s whatever y’all did BEFORE going there that caused the problems. 1626918546646.gif

It was changed due to the influence of a big investor who grew up in San Francisco and moved to TN with his business. He wanted the strip to be more like one of his favorite areas in Miami. I have first hand knowledge of this and he explained to me in detail his plans before all the construction started.

so you had a chance to stop it...

Reactions: knucklehead_vol
The closing of the Krystal burger was the official death of the Strip.
When I was a kid, my father would take me to games occasionally, and we would go to that Krystal and he would buy a bag of those burgers. We would take them into the stadium, he'd buy me a Coke in the big plastic cup and I thought it was Heaven. Did it with my kids too when they were little. Was crushed when it closed.

I always wondered why the Strip didn't have a strip club? Some kind of ordinance?
In Tennessee, most times, adult entertainment is relegated to "Special Impact Zones". In our town, they located it next to the sewage treatment plant to discourage such businesses.

Reactions: Go aeiou
In Tennessee, most times, adult entertainment is relegated to "Special Impact Zones". In our town, they located it next to the sewage treatment plant to discourage such businesses.
Well, some might say there is a sewage treatment located next to the University of Tennessee to discourage education! 😲

Reactions: 9296potsguy
Men, invest in a Waffle House, put it on the Strip, get rich, especially if u are one of the cooks, every weekend, beer bust and sporting event, yourself. I just need a backer
I remember the nightly Waffle House commercial during Letterman in the 1980's with Marshall Andy playing guitar and singing:

Waffle House,
Waffle House,
Meet me at the
Waffle House
Breakfast, lunch and dinner
There's one near you

Marshal-Andy.jpg

I also remember all the punk bands that played at the Wok and Roll including Black Flag.

I remember the nightly Waffle House commercial during Letterman in the 1980's with Marshall Andy playing guitar and singing:

Waffle House,
Waffle House,
Meet me at the
Waffle House
Breakfast, lunch and dinner
There's one near you

Marshal-Andy.jpg

I also remember all the punk bands that played at the Wok and Roll including Black Flag.

this was our go to drunk song. Even sang it at one of our friends wedding. wish I could find a vid of him singing this

Reactions: Boca Vol
Steamed deli. That what I remember as the staple. Not Krystal. You could get a Krystal any town. Steam Deli was unique. Paul's Market, Smokey Moutain Market, Gus's, Sam & Andy's, Roman Room, Ivy's, Vic & Bills, there were more. Who remembers the steamed chicken sandwich at Smokey Mountain Market? Best ever. We did research and found out that the chicken meat came from Parrots Food. We ordered the chicken for the frat house and tried to create our own unsuccessfully without a steamer. Strip does look cleaner however I miss the old dives.

Tickets - We always got tickets on strip and around campus. My roommate did not pay for his until graduation. He walked the grad line, went to pick up diploma with parents and family standing behind him and was turned away until all tickets were paid. I graduated the next session and took care of all my outstanding fees so i did not have to do the walk of shame. Fun times.

Steamed deli. That what I remember as the staple. Not Krystal. You could get a Krystal any town. Steam Deli was unique. Paul's Market, Smokey Moutain Market, Gus's, Sam & Andy's, Roman Room, Ivy's, Vic & Bills, there were more. Who remembers the steamed chicken sandwich at Smokey Mountain Market? Best ever. We did research and found out that the chicken meat came from Parrots Food. We ordered the chicken for the frat house and tried to create our own unsuccessfully without a steamer. Strip does look cleaner however I miss the old dives.

Tickets - We always got tickets on strip and around campus. My roommate did not pay for his until graduation. He walked the grad line, went to pick up diploma with parents and family standing behind him and was turned away until all tickets were paid. I graduated the next session and took care of all my outstanding fees so i did not have to do the walk of shame. Fun times.

Went there yesterday for dinner & was blown away how awful it is. How could the zoning people allow all those 6 story apartments to be built right on the edge of the road & more coming ? It has no character anymore, no locally owned restaurants or bars hardly left. Nothing about it is fun or charming anymore.
It was a dump thirty years ago. I remember well.

VN Store

Back