‘22 FL C Ernest Udeh Jr.

Well, I kinda disagree with that, they are both 6'10 and are listed as centers, but they don't play the same style. I mean one could be a 5 and the other a 4, but we are splitting hairs, now. On last year's team, they both would have been 5's, imo, unless they played at the same time

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Well, I kinda disagree with that, they are both 6'10 and are listed as centers, but they don't play the same style. I mean one could be a 5 and the other a 4, but we are splitting hairs, now. On last year's team, they both would have been 5's, imo, unless they played at the same time
It has been discussed that Traore is more of a 4 and the staff sees him as such, not splitting hairs, it’s why they want both.

It has been discussed that Traore is more of a 4 and the staff sees him as such, not splitting hairs, it’s why they want both.
That's cool with me, I hope UT gets both, but I think it ends up, an either/or situation. Have I turned it down, too much, bTo or can I just not make u happy ? Good thing, I don't give a sh!t

That's cool with me, I hope UT gets both, but I think it ends up, an either/or situation. Have I turned it down, too much, bTo or can I just not make u happy ? Good thing, I don't give a sh!t
They may get neither, they may get one, they may get both.::but it’s definitely not going to be because Tennessee prioritized one over the other which was my point.

After careful consideration, the powerfully built 6-foot-10 center from Orlando (Fla.) Dr. Phillips told 247Sports that he has cut his options down to a final 10 of Alabama, Baylor, Florida, Georgia Tech, Kansas, Miami, Michigan, Overtime Elite, Tennessee, and UCLA. While he’s cut his list, when exactly he’ll decide is up in the air.

“Throughout this whole process the biggest thing for my family and coaches was whether I was going to sign early or late,” said Udeh. “I just came to a conclusion that I’m not going to approach this with a deadline. I’m going to take my time, see what other people do, see what goes on and just take my time.

“I did feel like now was the time to get down to these 10 so I could manage my time a little better and focus on those places and my senior season coming up.”

Now ranked No. 20 overall by 247Sports after a monster summer with Southeast Elite, Udeh says that part of his ascension was getting more exposure after the Covid year but much of it was him putting into play what he does at practice.

“I feel like it was a little bit of both,” said Udeh. “It was some of (Covid) and me and my confidence level. Everybody is like you had this spurt of growth with your game and this and that and that is true, but it was also me doing those things that I do in practice in games. The biggest thing was my confidence and my mental.”

“I guess you could say consistency with my effort. That’s one of the biggest things for every hooper around. It is a 32-minute game and not every guy is going to have that sense of urgency to play with a high level of effort for every minute and you know me I can’t think like that. So I think I 100% separated myself because of how hard I play and for how long I play hard.”
Tennessee: “Tennessee is one of those programs where the whole staff is involved, and they are hitting up my mom on a daily basis and always checking on how we are doing. They always stress to me how they can help me get to the next level with expanding my game and making me better as an individual. It is just good vibes all around.”
Name, Image and Likeness is something that has the attention of Udeh but he said that he’s spent more time discussing that with his inner circle than he has specific programs just yet. For now, he’s trying to figure out how to best balance preparing for his senior season with making sure that he asks the right questions and makes the right decision for his future.

“Even though I have to focus on this high school season coming up, when I can I’ll hit up coaches and ask them specific questions that I know that those are the questions that need to be asked,” said Udeh. “This is a really big decision in my life, and I don’t want to screw this up by not asking the right things or feeling iffy with it. It isn’t going to hurt to ask and like I said it is a really big decision, so I don’t want to make a mistake.”
-Bossi

VN Store

Back