Olympic Team announced

I'm not sure if this was a liberal use of irony, but just in case it wasn't...
Then Oregon would have to be considered on equal footing with the WNBA all stars.
Those were exhibition games and don't count for anything.
I'm so glad someone pointed this out.

If going off in an exhibition game were the litmus test, then Shoni Schimmel should've been on the Olympic team.

Reactions: olddog
Arike Ogunbowale should have been on the team. She is not my favorite player.
Maybe one day when she realizes there is more to the game than shooting it every time she touches the ball past half court. She will shoot you in and shoot you out of a game. That selfish style of play has never been welcome on the USNT. Maybe with age she will realize what a open teammate looks like.

I'm not sure if this was a liberal use of irony, but just in case it wasn't...
Then Oregon would have to be considered on equal footing with the WNBA all stars.
Those were exhibition games and don't count for anything.
but Oregon didnt beat the Olympic team lol some of the key players like Breanna Stewart had an Achilles injury and others just didnt even play

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfan2012
It really is a bittersweet moment. The Lady Vol program has been such an integral part of USA basketball ever since its inception 45 years ago, until now. And it's hard to envision any Lady Vol involvement in the foreseeable future...

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
It won't be Lisa Leslie. I just saw it posted that the next Olympic coach (for Paris 2024) will be Jennifer Rizzotti.
Where did you see this posted? Link?

I saw where Dawn said she would recommend Cheryl Reeve as the next head coach. I saw nothing posted about Rizzotti.

It really is a bittersweet moment. The Lady Vol program has been such an integral part of USA basketball ever since its inception 45 years ago, until now. And it's hard to envision any Lady Vol involvement in the foreseeable future...
Hopefully Kara Lawson can prove herself as a coach for a few years and then get a chance to coach the 5 on 5 team. Sadly I see no Lady Vol players being good enough for many years to make that team.

1717931.png

All the barking in the world could never justify what Auriemma did to Candace Parker. I don't care how many 50 post trolls wallow out of the mud to squeal about it. And no one will ever be able to justify the favoritism shown to give the same players continued preference. Unfortunately, the sport is not big enough to garner the attention needed to expose or even comment on that sort of behavior, so here we are and here we'll be as long as the key individuals are involved.

lol you are showing ur age they are just dancing to an explicit song(spoiler: they are adults )after winning a gold medal they arent running around naked

What happens within the confines of the locker room is their business. When it's broadcast all over social media where everyone, including young kids who look up to them, have access is another matter. It wasn't just explicit, it was downright vulgar. Bad look and pretty disappointing, IMO. I would bet anything USA basketball feels the same...

What happens within the confines of the locker room is their business. When it's broadcast all over social media where everyone, including young kids who look up to them, have access is another matter. It wasn't just explicit, it was downright vulgar. Bad look and pretty disappointing, IMO. I would bet anything USA basketball feels the same...

the lyrics were vulgar lol its a rap song their actions werent and psa the US basketball team isnt responsible for what other kids watch that sounds like the parents problem

Maybe one day when she realizes there is more to the game than shooting it every time she touches the ball past half court. She will shoot you in and shoot you out of a game. That selfish style of play has never been welcome on the USNT. Maybe with age she will realize what a open teammate looks like.

Her stats would point out that your over exaggerated point about her not passing to open teammates isn't true.
Arike Ogunbowale - WNBA.com - Official Site of the WNBA

OMG, the Children!!!! Surely, none have ever heard a vulgar rap song or seen lewd dancing before!! I mean nothing like this has ever been posted on Tik Tok or Instagram. An entire generation now lost to depravity with no hope of redemption. Thanks USA Women's basketball team!!!!!

Also, most excellent crocodile tears on the lack of LV representation.

Edited just for you!

Hopefully Kara Lawson can prove herself as a coach for a few years and then get a chance to coach the 5 on 5 team. Sadly I see no Lady Vol players being good enough for many years to make that team.

First unless the politics change, it really is not about being "good enough" but also having the right connections. (Seriously, Candace among many others would have outplayed Taurasi by miles in 2021)

But it is a very tough team to make (even with a level playing field). However, LVs like Diamond and Mercedes may make a case in the next three years. Who knows what kind of development Davis might make or even someone like Burrell.

It's not that they wont be good enough, it's if they will even be given a shot to at least audition as long as Geno is a senior advisor and especially if Rizzotti becomes head coach. As far as manning the 5 spot at the Olympics you have to say McCowen would be in play and possibly Mercedes Russell if she continues to develop. Diamond could also be in play at the Guard/Wing Spot and we don't know what the future may hold for the likes of Rennia and Rae nor the development of the likes of Horston and Key.

Reactions: Voltopia
First unless the politics change, it really is not about being "good enough" but also having the right connections. (Seriously, Candace among many others would have outplayed Taurasi by miles in 2021)

But it is a very tough team to make (even with a level playing field). However, LVs like Diamond and Mercedes may make a case in the next three years. Who knows what kind of development Davis might make or even someone like Burrell.
with the WNBA centers like Fowles,Tina Charles,& even BG getting older Mercedes seems like the Lady Vol that will get the Team USA call up maybe even before Diamond who has been struggling with having a diminished role in Chicago with the emergence of khleah Cooper

Reactions: madtownvol
I have watched her play dozens of times if she passed the ball it was just for her to get open to get a better shot. So far she does not possess the qualities the USNT look for. Again Arike is young and has time to mature.

Thats the problem with Arike, she seems to think she has to score 30 points to win the game. If you watched her play with Dallas she can go 15-25, but the next game she could go 3-25. Chemistry is a big part of USA basketball, no matter who the players are. She hasn't proved that she can play team ball at this time. BUT, I think she would fit in great on the 3x3 team, as long range shooting and fast play would fit her perfectly.

Reactions: Argonaut
with the WNBA centers like Fowles,Tina Charles,& even BG getting older Mercedes seems like the Lady Vol that will get the Team USA call up maybe even before Diamond who has been struggling with having a diminished role in Chicago with the emergence of khleah Cooper

Fowles was definitely showing her age during her limited Olympic minutes.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back