Latest Coronavirus - Yikes

Feels like that’s going to be coming back in a lot of places as the numbers rise.

Looks like CDC is going to revise recommendations to having vaccinated and unvaccinated wear masks indoors. All hell is about to break loose. I don't think healthy vaccinated people will tolerate masks again.

Looks like CDC is going to revise recommendations to having vaccinated and unvaccinated wear masks indoors. All hell is about to break loose. I don't think healthy vaccinated people will tolerate masks again.
Nor will healthy naturally immunized people.

Reactions: PlanetVolunteer
A couple of managers here have said they wouldn't be surprised if we go back to remote for a while. I am not a fan

I'm waiting for the announcement about classes - the plan was for only unvaccinated students to wear masks but I have a feeling we'll be back to everyone doing it even though well over half the people in the room will be vaxxed.

School district here (N. Alabama) just announced mandatory masks for students this year. Sigh.

Also - interestingly, last year around 10,000 kids district-wide signed up for virtual instruction and this year there is only about 900.

I'm fine with employer mandates. I may not agree with or like the mandate but employers should be allowed to mandate vaccination.
This has a more sinister twist. Just as Jen Psaki spilled the beans about the administration using social media companies as their proxies to violate people's 1st Amendment rights, this will be pressure from govt applied to businesses to get everyone vaxxed and yet allow the govt to hide their hands and say "we're not mandating the vaccine"...

This has a more sinister twist. Just as Jen Psaki spilled the beans about the administration using social media companies as their proxies to violate people's 1st Amendment rights, this will be pressure from govt applied to businesses to get everyone vaxxed and yet allow the govt to hide their hands and say "we're not mandating the vaccine"...

I agree, the .gov will start including vaccine requirements in contracts, will probably Jim Crow the unvaxxed in .gov services and generally be a PITA until you get the vaccine. BUT they won't mandate it.....

School district here (N. Alabama) just announced mandatory masks for students this year. Sigh.

Also - interestingly, last year around 10,000 kids district-wide signed up for virtual instruction and this year there is only about 900.
When I was in high school they fired the principal. The entire student body walked out. It didn't change things, but it sure made us all feel pretty good about it. I hope some of these kids start protesting by just not complying.

When I was in high school they fired the principal. The entire student body walked out. It didn't change things, but it sure made us all feel pretty good about it. I hope some of these kids start protesting by just not complying.
You know, I felt ashamed for a bit hoping that the students would push back when I read that a few minutes ago. But man we can't have a situation where I'm pulling for kids to be fighting a fight that the adults need to be engaged in. This could end up being more detrimental over the long haul because they may not end up respecting anything in school.... which may be a good thing I guess (sadly).

You know, I felt ashamed for a bit hoping that the students would push back when I read that a few minutes ago. But man we can't have a situation where I'm pulling for kids to be fighting a fight that the adults need to be engaged in. This could end up being more detrimental over the long haul because they may not end up respecting anything in school.... which may be a good thing I guess (sadly).

You know, I won't tell my kid to not wear a mask - but if he gets any disciplinary action because he didn't have it on or wasn't wearing it properly I fully intend to fight it.

I have also talked it over with his mom and we are not getting him vaxxed until there is full FDA approval. If they start pushing that as mandatory I'm getting a lawyer.

You know, I won't tell my kid to not wear a mask - but if he gets any disciplinary action because he didn't have it on or wasn't wearing it properly I fully intend to fight it.

I have also talked it over with his mom and we are not getting him vaxxed until there is full FDA approval. If they start pushing that as mandatory I'm getting a lawyer.
I will consider pulling the kids out if it comes to that. I’m not going to subject them to 7 hours of wearing a mask so the dopey public can feel safe.

VN Store

Back