Alabama gave us the ultimate insult

I've been a long suffering fan since I first enrolled at UT (1965). Based on the past decade, I've just about given up any hope of seeing this cluster-f*@k being straightened out before I depart this vale.

You are getting a bit long in the tooth...:p Don't worry, there are many of us in the same boat...

Alabama just announced that their game against the Vols will be homecoming this year. What an insult. That infuriates me. Have we really gotten that low? Geez

There was a time when we won 9 of 10 and 10 of 12. It'll happen again. No school has beat 'em more than the Vols.

first off, buck fama. They know they need UT to remain Alabama. It's OUR job. Alabama needs that history for every thing from ticket sales to recruiting and television deals. I saw Alabama floundering in the mud, gasping for their first breath of life after failed coach after failed coach. The only reason they became alabama is because of a MASSIVE inflow if C.A.S.H. to fix the problem in a hurry. It was set up with a cash inflow system, recruits ready to sign up. Saban was set up to succeed, and that is the only reason he took the job. He had connections from his time in south florida. He can't last in this new world. Eventually, the sun comes up, and those mud dwellers will dry into a crispy shell of their former selves.

edit... stinking, and covered in flies.

R.56d9f7c4521a1e61bbb8ebfe8fb82d57

I remeber texting back and forth with my younger brother about how happy he was Saban was "coming to Alabama"... because ... they were desperate as all get out. They needed help, but they were sitting well with recruiting. They already had a system set up by a womanizing gambler (shame about that one, I have washington state connections). They just needed to sell it to Saban, and they did. I was actually CONVINCED he was going to BOLT on Alabama like he did LSU and Phins (and yes, that is exactly how it was seen in the BIG).

*what i can say i didn't see coming... Saban saw to make his legacy real, he would have to dump resources back into the immediate community, and he did. He turned that dirt hole into a HOTBED buddy. I've seen it. I know.

And Tennessee picked UGA as homecoming. What does that say?

So many snowflakes....
Lol, not as bad as when we picked defending champion and #1 Miami for homecoming in 02. Think we had 70 total yds for the entire game and almost all of it came on the first play

Reactions: IluvdoubleD's
Don't read too much into it. Bama always does homecoming in October, and lately the SEC has scheduled such that Bama doesn't have any OOC games during the month. Homecoming has regularly been against an SEC for most of the last decade. Since Bama's October is all SEC games this year, going home-away-away-home, that second home game after the road trip makes the most sense. It just happens to be Tennessee.
This. UGA is our homecoming, and we will likely get pistol whipped. The date just made sense. Also, if it's homecoming there will be less chance for the embarrassing amount of red that was in the stadium in 2019.

Reactions: bamawriter
Alabama just announced that their game against the Vols will be homecoming this year. What an insult. That infuriates me. Have we really gotten that low? Geez
You do know that we names Georgia as our homecoming game, don’t you?

also, if the BIG were really smart, they would already have Iowa state, Kansas, Nabraska, and Maryland... maybe even VA TECH at the table. Warren seems to be a little less experienced then Sankey RN tho TBH. It could hurt them.

Reactions: voldurham
Has more to do with their schedule than anything else. Alabama is on the road the two games before the UT game and they are off the week after the UT game.
I know this truth hurts the people who want to be down and out about being picked for HC game but the schedule is the reason UT game was picked.

Reactions: DuckInAPen

But, hey....we're workin' like heck to get better, and we will look at the tape, and we will bring an awful lotaa and a heckuva desire to work like heckm and will only fail if we 'fail to develop' and don't do real gud.

(Trying to explain this through Fulmerspeak)

Meanwhile, ole Phlegmatic Phil is still at the UT trough, and what a proud legacy he has left.

VN Store

Back