2020 Summer Olympics / Tokyo

For the first time in as long as I can remember I still haven't watched a single minute of these games. I'm usually glued to the tv during the Olympics.

Thanks to the time difference and the fact I just can't bring myself to support a bunch people representing a country they don't give a dam about.

For the first time in as long as I can remember I still haven't watched a single minute of these games. I'm usually glued to the tv during the Olympics.

Thanks to the time difference and the fact I just can't bring myself to support a bunch people representing a country they don't give a dam about.
Ok

I watched a little bit of softball last night because Abbott was pitching, but thats pretty much it, I agree with what you said. I hope both womens soccer and mens basketball dont podium for their displays of stupidity.

Reactions: Creeker
Toussaint qualifies for the finals in 100 back. VFL 💪🏻
ziadj5pl06r61.jpg

Last edited:
Man, I noticed the very close exchange between the 3rd and 4th legs on the men's 4x100 free relay in swimming. It was almost a false start. I'm glad it was legal. It was REALLY close though.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Looks like she couldn't handle the pressure of talking the talk. Feel bad for her in a way but when you're calling yourself the GOAT and wear GOAT earrings. Don't like backing out for mental purposes

It's disappointing but she also made the comment "when the US steps into the building fear strikes the opponent" or something similar. I thought it was not smart to disrespect the opponent while your still competing. There's been other small comments here and there as well. I think she did it to herself and those outside of gymnastics helped create this environment.

My heart is broken for Simone Biles.

It is very sad. I wonder what kind of injury she had.

EDIT: Now I'm seeing it's because of a mental health issue. I know it's none of my business, and I don't pretend to understand what she's going through. It must be major to pull out of the Olympic finals. I feel really bad for her teammates as well.

Last edited:
The results in swimming have been mixed so far.

I'd say the US has been slightly underwhelming in swimming so far. Ryan Murphy and Regan Smith winning bronze in the backstroke was disappointing. The men's 4x100 free relay was great, but Dressel's performance was not his best. Overall, it seems to be a slower meet. It looks like Australia has set the only WR so far, which was in the women's 4x100 relay. Maybe it's a slow pool?

Reactions: BreatheUT
Knockout Stage is set in Women’s soccer.

The US are through, could face Canada in the semifinals.

8F1B8D57-BC25-4C68-91E0-24D4EE9640E3.jpeg

I don't get it. Maybe if she had taken the last year off and then suddenly found herself on the Olympic stage. But she's been doing this stuff all along.

I don't get it. Maybe if she had taken the last year off and then suddenly found herself on the Olympic stage. But she's been doing this stuff all along.

I don’t get it either. Maybe something like a migraine? She was struggling, by her standards, during the preliminary rounds. She did not look confident then.

VN Store

Back