'22 TN ATH/RB Dallan Hayden (Ohio State commit)

Please tell me you're joking?
Don't get me wrong, Urban Meyer is a great coach. BUT, he's been known to lose to teams he shouldn't have. Michigan State, Iowa, and Purdue come to mind. Day is taking recruiting to a different level, One thing's for certain; OSU has been VERY lucky in its succession of head coaches.

Don't get me wrong, Urban Meyer is a great coach. BUT, he's been known to lose to teams he shouldn't have. Michigan State, Iowa, and Purdue come to mind. Day is taking recruiting to a different level, One thing's for certain; OSU has been VERY lucky in its succession of head coaches.
Urban Meyer is the second greatest college football coach of all time, dude. Lose to teams he shouldn't have? He's 187-32 in his career in college...thats winning 85% of the games he's coached. He's also 12-3 in bowl games. To compare Day to Meyer, and to go as far as to say Day is better, well...I don't mean to be mean, but...it's laughable.

Urban Meyer is the second greatest college football coach of all time, dude. Lose to teams he shouldn't have? He's 187-32 in his career in college...thats winning 85% of the games he's coached. He's also 12-3 in bowl games. To compare Day to Meyer, and to go as far as to say Day is better, well...I don't mean to be mean, but...it's laughable.
That's true, BUT Urban is not the second greatest football coach of all time. I can tell by your "comment" that you're fairy young compared to me. Urban is not the second greatest college football coach of all-time.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
That's true, BUT Urban is not the second greatest football coach of all time. I can tell by your "comment" that you're fairy young compared to me. Urban is not the second greatest college football coach of all-time.

As bad as I hate the guy, he’s literally behind Saban in terms of winning and building a big brand of football.

Cmon man.

As bad as I hate the guy, he’s literally behind Saban in terms of winning and building a big brand of football.

Cmon man.
At this point of history; but history includes much more than Saban and Meyer. But Saban may well go down as the greatest college football coach of all-time.

And, I can tell by your Day is better comment just how much you know, or don't. Age, old or young, has nothing to do with seeing a man win EVERYWHERE he's been, as I said, 85% of the time...3 National Titles...7 Conference Titles...10 Conference Division Titles...not to mention, is one of the foremost coaches who revolutionized the game in the 21st Century...and, all that is just in 17 seasons as a college head coach. 187 wins in 17 seasons, that's an average of 11 wins per season; 32 losses, thats an average of under 2 losses per season. Bring the facts that stack up against ALL that, and ill listen. Also, he's been there, done that in the SEC.

I can't stand the man, but I'm not blind neither.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
And, I can tell by your Day is better comment just how much you know, or don't. Age, old or young, has nothing to do with seeing a man win EVERYWHERE he's been, as I said, 85% of the time...3 National Titles...7 Conference Titles...10 Conference Division Titles...not to mention, is one of the foremost coaches who revolutionized the game in the 21st Century...and, all that is just in 17 seasons as a college head coach. 187 wins in 17 seasons, that's an average of 11 wins per season; 32 losses, thats an average of under 2 losses per season. Bring the facts that stack up against ALL that, and ill listen. Also, he's been there, done that in the SEC.

I can't stand the man, but I'm not blind neither.
Don't put the SEC on such as "high pedestal" historically speaking.

Don't put the SEC on such as "high pedestal" historically speaking.
I don't know what I was thinking by engaging someone who literally said, Ryan Day is better than Urban Meyer. I should have known it wasn't going to get any better.

My fault, man.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
So Meyer is above Bryant, Osborne, and Rockne?

And Neyland? 173–31–12 after having to rebuild his teams due to leaving for military service rather than an inability to handle pressure. A flaky pus*sy who leaves coaching because he couldn't handle Saban taking over the conference and later because he couldn't handle the heat about rumors of covering up spousal abuse doesn't rank very highly in my mind. One of the few things I appreciated about Kiffin was his ability to get under Urban's thin skin.

Urb is easily the 2nd best coach behind Saban and I’ve sat and talked to old heads like Sylvester Croom who gv him the label as such.

And Neyland? 173–31–12 after having to rebuild his teams due to leaving for military service rather than an inability to handle pressure. A flaky pus*sy who leaves coaching because he couldn't handle Saban taking over the conference and later because he couldn't handle the heat about rumors of covering up spousal abuse doesn't rank very highly in my mind. One of the few things I appreciated about Kiffin was his ability to get under Urban's thin skin.
Yep. The Bear never beat The General.

Croom needs to have his head examined. UM might be top 10(probably is) but not #2.

Nah I trust a guy who played for Bear as a true freshman and been around the game playing and coaching for over 40+ yrs. As he said he dominated ever where he coached in the most competitive era of football and won championships in the top 2 conferences in college football. He did say 2 an 3 could be flip flopped Bear and Urban.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Nah I trust a guy who played for Bear as a true freshman and been around the game playing and coaching for over 40+ yrs. As he said he dominated ever where he coached in the most competitive era of football and won championships in the top 2 conferences in college football. He did say 2 an 3 could be flip flopped Bear and Urban.
Actually, he played for Clem Gryska at Bama his freshman year on the freshman team since true freshman weren’t eligible back then for varsity football, but I get your point: Croom loves Urban. 👍

VN Store

Back