NIL - Bryce Young

I'm all for making money as a player but there should be a cap or something. There's no way a player could make that at a smaller school.

Saban is not long for this world the college football world anyway I don’t see him dealing with this NIA drama very well and yea it’s going to ruin college football and turn these kids into self absorbed divas there should be a cap on it or something. Players could get a siphon or something let’s say they all get 1,000 for every game they play in would be a modest start.

Saban is not long for this world the college football world anyway I don’t see him dealing with NIA stuff very well and yea it’s going to ruin college football there should be a cap on it or something. Players get a siphon or something they all get 1,000 for every game they play in.

He literally just used Bryce Young's NIL windfall as a recruiting pitch.

If we've got a crackhead President's son spitting paint through straws and selling the results for a half million $s a pop, UT can figure out how to get $s to kids who play for us through NIL. We just need our guys to step up and play like they're worth it.

If I were a big money contributor I would contribute to kids who want to make the world a better place, not to the all about me athletes. When these kids get to the NFL or NBA very few of them help the communities they came from.

Exhibit A.

Last edited:
Fans seem pretty comfortable with donating money to schools to support coaches and administrators making six or seven figures. Hell, many of them go so far to donate money to NOT have coaches and administrators come to their school anymore (see: UT).

Oh by the way, those coaches and administrators also have nice locker rooms and office buildings, too.

It is mind boggling how people throw logic to the wind when it comes to some athletes making money on THEIR OWN LIKENESS.
You are comparing apples and oranges. College students and people working a job. You are naive if you don’t think someone making $100,000 a year is going to decide he doesn’t want to give money to help support a “college student” already making six or seven figures. And by the way, this idea they are being paid for their likeness is laughable. We know why they are paid.

College sports will turn into a money grab for student athletes where other small programs don’t have a chance in hell to compete.

The downfall is already beginning.

Reactions: VOLATNES
This will create such an unfair advantage in the landscape of college football. How can colleges compete for recruits when a player (who hasn't even started a game) can bring in $1 million in endorsements for himself just for playing at Alabama. We cannot compete against that.
I can see this becoming a problem in the locker room. Big name players getting the money may think they're better than the team. Teammates getting jealous if they're not getting anything, and messing up the team chemistry. Not saying it will happen, but I can see it happening.

Oh the humanity! Making a million dollars a year and having to pay for tuition so that it might help his team!

I could be wrong but isn't there a rule against that? IIRC, wasn't Fulmer's daughter on a softball or soccer scholly? He could certainly afford it. Also, celebs' kids (Jordan, Snoop, etc.) have gone to school on scholly's. Why didn't they just pay and open up a spot?

Last edited:
I could be wrong but isn't there a rule against that? IIRC, wasn't Fulmer's daughter on a softball or soccer scholly? He could certainly afford it. Also, celebs' kids (Jordan, Snoop, etc.) have gone to school on scholly's. Why didn't they just pay and open up a spot?
That would be a weird rule that requires scholarships for wealthy people. But regardless there used to be rules against college football players being paid $1M per year too.

College sports will turn into a money grab for student athletes where other small programs don’t have a chance in hell to compete.

The downfall is already beginning.
I honestly think this will calm down eventually. I think the initial onslaught is taking place and then when some of these guys underperform for whatever reason(s) companies may not get the ROI they’re looking for and wait and see how these guys do and reduce $. I disagree that this mostly has anything to do with demographics, for me it has more to do with regulation or at least the perception of it . I’m completely in favor of a college football czar that would help maintain a leveled playing field in every aspect of the game (scheduling, recruiting) not just NIL. It’s going to be interesting to see how this shakes out.

If I were a big money contributor I would contribute to kids who want to make the world a better place, not to the all about me athletes. When these kids get to the NFL or NBA very few of them help the communities they came from.

In addition to all that, I bet they won’t pay their fair share of taxes.

Bear understood the benefits.

Those were the days of ublimited schollies and roster sizes, and the potential of making a career of football isn't what it is now. These days, I don't think you could convince too many highly talented kids to come and have no chance to play.

VN Store

Back