Transfer Portal Thread

Now just have to hope that UK doesn’t land Jalen Duran, who will likely reclassify to 2021 and enroll next month at the school of his choice (UK, Memphis, Miami), or choose the G-League or Australian pro league (NBL).

Reactions: Willy14
Now just have to hope that UK doesn’t land Jalen Duran, who will likely reclassify to 2021 and enroll next month at the school of his choice (UK, Memphis, Miami), or choose the G-League or Australian pro league (NBL).

Most likely the G-League

I mean you can't turn down a talent like Duren but how the heck do we have space for him? We already got 10 or 11 players who are coming back expecting playing time.

I mean you can't turn down a talent like Duren but how the heck do we have space for him? We already got 10 or 11 players who are coming back expecting playing time.
Same way you make room for Cockburn if he had wanted to come. You always take talent, and Cal, of all people, knows that. UK isn't full and Cal will keep his options open.

I think not landing Cockburn was a blessing in disguise for UK. With as many talented bigs UK already has, there would have almost certainly been chemistry issues/someone unhappy. Same with Duren. If he were to come somebody would have to take a backseat. Not saying UK won't take him but there definitely are down sides.

I think not landing Cockburn was a blessing in disguise for UK. With as many talented bigs UK already has, there would have almost certainly been chemistry issues/someone unhappy. Same with Duren. If he were to come somebody would have to take a backseat. Not saying UK won't take him but there definitely are down sides.
Yeah, they’ve got enough Cockburn on that campus as is.

So do we still have a spot open? IIRC, we were holding a spot that many thought would go to Tamba if he reclassified, right? Is he still expected to reclassify?

So do we still have a spot open? IIRC, we were holding a spot that many thought would go to Tamba if he reclassified, right? Is he still expected to reclassify?

Still had 1 last time I counted. Read that they’d rather hang on to it for a potential high level mid-term transfer rather than to add a player this summer just to use all 13. But I’m not following it as closely as most VN BBF posters.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Still had 1 last time I counted. Read that they’d rather hang on to it for a potential high level mid-term transfer rather than to add a player this summer just to use all 13. But I’m not following it as closely as most VN BBF posters.
We have 2 open, 1 is for Tamba and the other they’ll leave open.

Texas will have one of (if not the most) talented rosters in the country next season. However, new coach. New system. A ton of new faces and transfers. It's going to be interesting to see how it all comes together for the Longhorns. They'll be a favorite to win it all early, but there are a lot of unknowns.

Texas will have one of (if not the most) talented rosters in the country next season. However, new coach. New system. A ton of new faces and transfers. It's going to be interesting to see how it all comes together for the Longhorns. They'll be a favorite to win it all early, but there are a lot of unknowns.

Gonzaga will probably be the favorites to win it all again but I don’t see it happening imo.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting
Gary Parrish was on radio this morning and went to Peach Jam this past weekend. He said Jalen Duran is a good player but not a #1 type prospect. He probably isn't as tall as listed and does nothing on the perimeter. He said 4 different people told him 4 different landing spots and that the thought is that his camp will not want him to get exposed in college. So, they may take the G-League money and let him develop.

He said Emoni Bates was disappointing, too, but he plays on a terrible team. So, if he had better teammates around him, he should be much better.

Beard is a hell of a coach but will be interesting how all these guys come in and gel. Several of them were the main dudes at their prior school.

VN Store

Back