'22 GA OT Addison Nichols (Tennessee signee)

Bama felt the same way for quite awhile before Saban got there. It goes in cycles.
Whenever Saban took over, only 5 games separated us.

With the split, and us dominating Bama in the 90s, the push to hate Florida more, and see them as our biggest rival, happened; and, is one of the reasons for our decline. We took our eye off our greatest rival; not all of us, but I think you would agree. We keep pace with Bama, no one else.

The greatest dynasty in college athletics, and one of, in all of sports...and, no one has beaten them more times than the Big Orange; we have 38 wins against them, the most of any other school, and 7 ties, the most, as well...they have 51 wins against us, counting this run by Saban. I've said it before, and thought about it many times, keeping pace with Bama throughout the years before the 2000s, made us a top 10 program; what has keeping pace with Florida, and looking at them as our biggest rival, gotten us? The day they hired Saban should've been the day we hired Urban Meyer when Fulmer was gone. A string of bad ADs who have made bad HC hires, we've all said it a million times.

Danny White is not that type of dude. He would've made that hire back then; and, as soon as we are back to respectability, back to being a damn good job to have for Head Coaches, White WILL make that hire, a coach that will be an absolute grand slam. I truly believe that. I hope it's Heupel; if nothing else, I believe Heupel gets us out of all the jokes; gets us back to winning a bit; gets us back to consistency, and something exciting.

Last edited:
man, one of best atmospheres ive seen for an SEC road game. but honestly as far as bitter rivals, Kentucky, Florida, GA, and Auburn give us all we want.

Im bigly (never used this word in a sentence) in favor of rotating Western teams.

I agree 100% the West opponents needs to rotate and UGA need to be required to play Bama more than they do because they always get thrown a weak West opponent then cry when they hv to play Bama. Schedules need to be generated similar to NFL based on the finish of the previous year results.

Whenever Saban took over, only 5 games separated us.

With the split, and us dominating Bama in the 90s, the push to hate Florida more, and see them as our biggest rival, happened; and, is one of the reasons for our decline. We took our eye off our greatest rival; not all of us, but I think you would agree. We keep pace with Bama, no one else.

The greatest dynasty in college athletics, and one of, in all of sports...and, no one has beaten them more times than the Big Orange; we have 38 wins against them, the most of any other school, and 7 ties, the most, as well...they have 51 wins against us, counting this run by Saban. I've said it before, and thought about it many times, keeping pace with Bama throughout the years before the 2000s, made us a top 10 program; what has keeping pace with Florida, and looking at them as our biggest rival, gotten us? The day they hired Saban should've been the day we hired Urban Meyer when Fulmer was gone. A string of bad ADs who have made bad HC hires, we've all said it a million times.

Danny White is not that type of dude. He would've made that hire back then; and, as soon as we are back to respectability, back to being a damn good job to have for Head Coaches, White WILL make that hire, a coach that will be an absolute grand slam. I truly believe that. I hope it's Heupel; if nothing else, I believe Heupel gets us out of all the jokes; gets us back to winning a bit; gets us back to consistency, and something exciting.

great breakdown and post

I dunno about almost taking it to the house…. He got tracked down like he was running in slow motion.

To be fair, I think it was Henry Ruggs who ran him down. Ruggs ran a 4.28 at the NFL combine, or something ridiculous like that. Warrior is no where near that fast.

Reactions: SugarCC
To be fair, I think it was Henry Ruggs who ran him down. Ruggs ran a 4.28 at the NFL combine, or something ridiculous like that. Warrior is no where near that fast.
Warrior had like a 30 yard headstart lol 😂 shouldn’t of been caught

Edit: Just watched it again and Ruggs and Waddle caught him…. waddle came from the other side of the field lol

Reactions: norrislakevol
Tua threw zero TDs and had 1 INT before getting hurt. Their TDs came because of the running game. You lose again.

Tua was 11-12 for 155 until he got hurt in 2nd Qtr. They had scored every possession except the INT which I had forgot about but was about to score then. Kid yourself all you want that him getting hurt didn’t totally change that game but I prefer to live life in reality not science fiction.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Warrior had like a 30 yard headstart lol 😂 shouldn’t of been caught

Edit: Just watched it again and Ruggs and Waddle caught him…. waddle came from the other side of the field lol
Other side of the field is easier to catch someone bc you have the angle on them…. Catching them from straight behind them is much more impressive.

Tua was 11-12 for 155 until he got hurt in 2nd Qtr. They had scored every possession except the INT which I had forgot about but was about to score then. Kid yourself all you want that him getting hurt didn’t totally change that game but I prefer to live life in reality not science fiction.
Having JG as our QB totally changed the game for us. So what? Last I looked, injuries were a part of football.

End of the day, a win is a win and a loss is a loss. We lost that game.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Other side of the field is easier to catch someone bc you have the angle on them…. Catching them from straight behind them is much more impressive.

Umm 🤔, I mean catching them at an angle might not be impressive if you are already in front of them (like a DB who is already dropped in coverage), but when someone is going the opposite direction and you are playing catch up from an angle the straight line path is the faster path. Meaning the angle to the straight line takes more time…

Umm 🤔, I mean catching them at an angle might not be impressive if you are already in front of them (like a DB who is already dropped in coverage), but when someone is going the opposite direction and you are playing catch up from an angle the straight line path is the faster path. Meaning the angle to the straight line takes more time…
It takes a smarter man than myself to explain it…. I watched a football special on it one time…. Running diagonally towards a specific spot is quicker than catching someone from directly behind them….. if you watch a lot of highlights…. Guys being caught from behind are usually by someone running diagonally….. that’s what they mean when they say such and such has the angle on them.

Having JG as our QB totally changed the game for us. So what? Last I looked, injuries were a part of football.

End of the day, a win is a win and a loss is a loss. We lost that game.
Exactly. What’s said is this is what we’ve come to as a program and fanbase. Arguing about why we only lost to Bama by two touchdowns. Better than the other 30 point blowouts 8 out of the last 10 years.

Asking for a friend, but you have any idea when this cycle will end?:D
When Saban retires. The next hire is doomed to “fail” because no matter how good he is he’ll never be as good as Saban. The pressure and lunatic fans will cause multiple coaching hires for a decade. IMO.

It takes a smarter man than myself to explain it…. I watched a football special on it one time…. Running diagonally towards a specific spot is quicker than catching someone from directly behind them….. if you watch a lot of highlights…. Guys being caught from behind are usually by someone running diagonally….. that’s what they mean when they say such and such has the angle on them.

Distance and Time is a factor. It’s a Point A to Point B equation. While yes it is easier to intercept something at an angle on a Football field, that is only if the angled person is at an advantage of already being further down field at the start of their intercept angle.

But, if that straight line is already 15 to 20 yds ahead of the angled tackler the angled tackler is covering more ground which takes more time than a straight line. Now where you might get into differences is maybe the angled tackler doesn’t have to deal with as many distractions and can run full speed for a longer distance than a straight line tackler.

Now Football fields are usually slopped at some point which gives an angle tackler a speed advantage when they are going downhill.

Distance and Time is a factor. It’s a Point A to Point B equation. While yes it is easier to intercept something at an angle on a Football field, that is only if the angled person is at an advantage of already being further down field at the start of their intercept angle.

But, if that straight line is already 15 to 20 yds ahead of the angled tackler the angled tackler is covering more ground which takes more time than a straight line. Now where you might get into differences is maybe the angled tackler doesn’t have to deal with as many distractions and can run full speed for a longer distance than a straight line tackler.

Now Football fields are usually slopped at some point which gives an angle tackler a speed advantage when they are going downhill.

Got to love a good mixture of geometry and physics in the Recruiting Forum!

VN Store

Back