Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Announce minimal self-imposed sanctions and end this investigation. One year bowl ban, 4 scholarships.

I'm all for announcing a reduction in scholarships. I wouldn't self impose a bowl ban, though. We already will have punished the program as a whole with a reduction in scholarships and we will have fired everyone involved in the cheating violations. That's about as proactive as it gets. I wouldn't punish the players who chose to stay through all of this which is effectively what a bowl ban does.

is it Masterminds?

The house at very end belongs to not too distant family... How people have that much money blows my very working, middle class mind.
No, I think that was based on a true story nearby Charlotte.

This movie was so small it wouldn't have hit theaters...festival-only level small, maybe even a short film. Really can't remember much about it tbh.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
No sanctions and roll. They have no power we can do what we want

The NCAA's power is definitely declining. At the end of the day, though, when your chancellor gets on stage and straight up says that the number of violations and the severity of those violations is "stunning", you have to penalize yourself to some degree.

Had Plowman been mum on the nature of the violations, I would be on board with imposing nothing. As it stands, though, she went on stage and basically said that we know Pruitt cheated big time. Not penalizing ourselves after that is just asking for the NCAA to come in and make an example out of us.

Maurer seemed like he could be a good SEC QB and has the type of talent for this offense. I always thought the knock on him was his ability to get injured all the time.

Didn't he have a couple concussions in a matter of weeks? I really thought he might have to quit ball if, especially if he got another one at the time.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Maurer seemed like he could be a good SEC QB and has the type of talent for this offense. I always thought the knock on him was his ability to get injured all the time.

Didn't he have a couple concussions in a matter of weeks? I really thought he might have to quit ball if, especially if he got another one at the time.

I don’t think he has it between the ears personally. I got to meet Joe Milton recently. I’d be happy if he won the job. Seemed like a nice kid.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
I wouldn't self imposed sanctions. You fired 9 staff members and been cooperative with the NCAA. All a while other schools have just gave the 🐦to the NCAA.
Maybe they should dig deeper into Pruitt and his recruiting habits. Didn't just start cheating at Tennessee. Remind me again, who was he the DC for right before he became our HC?

Bring that up and the "investigation" will probably disappear like a fart in the wind.

*accidentally hit the "c" instead of the "v' while typing investigation. Almost left it because incestigation would probably apply to Bama as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back