Lady Vols Softball

That game I went back and looked, gave up 1 hit, 2K in two innings. Her current summer stats are concerning right now after looking at them, giving up a lot of hits, runs in very few innings.
what’s her stats as of rn in summer ball?

Here’s my concern with Simpson and it goes back to seeing her two years ago. Didn’t stand out and watched her pitch in a pool game. 2 innings 2K, 2022 from TN played the same team 3 innings 7K. This is TN recruiting in a nutshell. That was two years ago, so much has changed for the better for Simpson I’m sure. But the TN kid has gone to another level since then too.

I would think she would had to have gotten at least somewhat better. She was named Gatorade POY in Washington.

Reactions: Nickid1975
Erin Edmoundson is a high quality addition, and I am excited to have her aboard --- I predict she will be a fan favorite --- oh, and she has been known to step to the plate and hit the ball, too

Reactions: Nickid1975
P.S. Erin Edmoundson graduated from Texas Tech in May and was the graduating senior with the top GPA on her team ---- this makes her a one year grad transfer using her extra year of COVID eligibility to help the LVs get back to the WCWS in 2022 -- yay!

I have seen a little and I mean little video of her but nothing stood out watching her. Hopefully there will be some fall ball games to come see. Sprang couldn’t throw it over the plate then and West showed she could hit. Would like to see her in person for the eyeball test.

I have seen a little and I mean little video of her but nothing stood out watching her. Hopefully there will be some fall ball games to come see. Sprang couldn’t throw it over the plate then and West showed she could hit. Would like to see her in person for the eyeball test.

I remember when Cat Hosfield got here and I thought “HTH did this girl become the all time leader in strikeouts”. She had virtually no movement on her pitches.

Reactions: kregman
P.S. Erin Edmoundson graduated from Texas Tech in May and was the graduating senior with the top GPA on her team ---- this makes her a one year grad transfer using her extra year of COVID eligibility to help the LVs get back to the WCWS in 2022 -- yay!
I would frankly be stunned if we made it to OKC next year.

Reactions: vettefool
Erin Edmoundson is a high quality addition, and I am excited to have her aboard --- I predict she will be a fan favorite --- oh, and she has been known to step to the plate and hit the ball, too
If she's in the box hitting, we have bigger issues than depth in the circle.

I remember when Cat Hosfield got here and I thought “HTH did this girl become the all time leader in strikeouts”. She had virtually no movement on her pitches.
I remember two years ago watching Hazelwood from behind the plate and she actually had good movement on her pitches but was giving up ropes off the bat. I thought to self this girl doesn’t miss many bats.

Reactions: volman128

Not going to happen

Edmundson had a very strange season pitch a great game then give up seven in the next then another great game etc. Last year was by far the worst season she's had. Had one season less than a 2.00 era. What happened to her last season in a few games is the big question.

Edmundson had a very strange season pitch a great game then give up seven in the next then another great game etc. Last year was by far the worst season she's had. Had one season less than a 2.00 era. What happened to her last season in a few games is the big question.
The 1.42 ERA year is fool’s gold IMO. That was the Covid canceled season. That number was mostly against OOC competition. I strongly doubt it would’ve held up had they played the full Big 12 schedule

And what does ripping apart a player that hasn’t even pitched an inning for the team yet do?

While I see your point, we could do without the hyperbole. If you think anything in this thread is "ripping her apart" then you're more dramatic I thought. Hell, she's going to get much closer to being "ripped apart" by playing for Karen than anything that's been said here.

Reactions: lvfan
Talented pool of players up for USA TODAY TN POY. 12 kids, not one committed to or signed with TN. Ole Miss, TX AM, LSU, Bama, MTSU, TN Tech, ETSU

Last edited:

VN Store

Back