'22 AL WR Marquarius White (Tennessee signee)

Tennessee picked up their ninth commitment on Thursday with the pledge of Squirrel White. In talking to people in Alabama, White is seen as a big pickup for Tennessee. Having camped at Alabama, had the Tide not found their slot guy already, White would have been the next guy in line. He was impressive at camp in Tuscaloosa with some in attendance remarking he was better than a couple of five-stars that were camping at the same time.
VQ

Applebee's IMO. Had the Bacon Burger and substituted zollicoffer for the french fries like a mad man.
Applebees is underrated, er their grilled chicken salad and soup is decent lunch deal. $8.99 with drink.

I’m tired of signing a highly rated class of guys who don’t develop, and transfer out without making an impact. Find guys that fit the system - regardless of star rating. This guy does.

I was listening to Mike Hugenin on Basilio’s show, and he said Heupel will throw the ball deep. Want to run the ball? It’s not about 330 lb linemen and a 240 lb bruiser getting 3 yards and a cloud of dust. It’s dictating to the defense that if they sneak a safety into the box, we get 6 points. Personnel groupings and formations equalize “lack of stars.”
It really is almost like chess vs checkers. JP's offense had us moving forward one space at a time if at all. Now Coach Hype is gonna have bishops and rooks moving all over the durn place! When they start cheating back off the line of scrimmage to account for the WR speed, then boom- sneaky little knight out of the backfield. I need more coffee

It really is almost like chess vs checkers. JP's offense had us moving forward one space at a time if at all. Now Coach Hype is gonna have bishops and rooks moving all over the durn place! When they start cheating back off the line of scrimmage to account for the WR speed, then boom- sneaky little knight out of the backfield. I need more coffee

its fun going back and watching JHs offense on youtube and things like that. Receivers regularly lining up on the very edge of the field and the slot guys seem like they are mile away from the outside receivers. The amount of space created and how its capitalized on is really fun to watch. Completely night and day from that crap we just watched the last couple years. He literally forces the defense to defend the entire field which just isnt really possible in this new age of football. Gonna be fun once it starts humming. Plus that tempo is gonna be huge in the 2nd half of games.

1625836708839.png

...White said the nickname dates back to when he was an infant. It started with his great-grandmother, who once made a connection between White’s movements and a nearby squirrel. “I was, like, some months (old), and my great-grandma was holding me in her hands,” White said. “There was a squirrel outside. It had grabbed her tomato, and when it moved, I moved. Ever since then, she started calling me ‘Squirrel.’ She gave me the name. It just stuck around. My whole family just called me that, like, every day. That’s basically my real name.”

White didn’t immediately embrace the name. But it eventually grew on him. “At first, I didn’t like my nickname — not even gonna lie. But I fell in love with it."...He said he started to like his nickname more “around when I was, like, 10.” By then, it had already become part of his identity. He said he heard it from “teachers, coaches — everybody.” “Everybody just started calling me ‘Squirrel,’ so I said, ‘Might as well just love it,’” White said. He hasn’t gone by any other name since the start of his high school career.

Now that he’s a major football prospect and a track standout..he said he believes the nickname matches his skill set. He said he’s “just twitchy,” much like a squirrel. “It definitely fits how I play,” White said. With a new NCAA policy now allowing players to make money off their name, image and likeness, White said he’s even open to the idea of branding himself in the future based on his “Squirrel” nickname.
The story behind 'Squirrel': How Vols' new WR commit got his nickname

VN Store

Back