'22 AL WR Marquarius White (Tennessee signee)

Behind Tayven Jackson.

I like him too. But we'll get QBs while Huepel is here.

Finding a player that can break defenders down in the open field AND run past them on the deep ball is rare. Even if he we had Ty Simpson, and a lot of others guys we wanted that committed elsewhere, I still would have been excited for this kid.

Wanted him over Horton, Miller and Knotts.

This is a for real building block recruit. If he stays healthy he will be be a legend at WRU.

I’m sure Kody Burns helped us land this guy. If you’re offered by Alabama, Auburn, and Fla St he’s a get.
And Bama and Auburn offered the kid after we did. Speaks well to the staff’s eye for talent. Unlikely he picks UT if they had waited until after the in-state schools offered. People freak out about offer lists whenever we offer a kid off the beaten path, but if you wait for the big boys to validate your evaluation then you will usually lose the kid to them if they do offer. We need coaches who are comfortable enough in their own skin to trust their eyes, no matter what 247 or Nick Saban is doing.

And Bama and Auburn offered the kid after we did. Speaks well to the staff’s eye for talent. Unlikely he picks UT if they had waited until after the in-state schools offered. People freak out about offer lists whenever we offer a kid off the beaten path, but if you wait for the big boys to validate your evaluation then you will usually lose the kid to them if they do offer. We need coaches who are comfortable enough in their own skin to trust their eyes, no matter what 247 or Nick Saban is doing.
I’m tired of signing a highly rated class of guys who don’t develop, and transfer out without making an impact. Find guys that fit the system - regardless of star rating. This guy does.

I was listening to Mike Hugenin on Basilio’s show, and he said Heupel will throw the ball deep. Want to run the ball? It’s not about 330 lb linemen and a 240 lb bruiser getting 3 yards and a cloud of dust. It’s dictating to the defense that if they sneak a safety into the box, we get 6 points. Personnel groupings and formations equalize “lack of stars.”

These small, fast guys always end up killing us playing for SC and Florida. Nice to be on the other side of this. Didn’t know of him a few weeks ago and now he’s one I’m looking forward to in 22.

VN Store

Back