This is a 9-3 Schedule

Your crazy as if you think we only gonna win 1 SEC game. I see 8-4 a real possibility. We not losing to Kentucky this year nor Missouri, and USC. We will give Florida and Ole Miss all the want and possiblyo win those. The only 2 longs shots I see on this schedule is Bama and UGA. And Bama has always had trouble with the spread up tempo offense.

I will save this and get back to you later in the year.....IF I am crazy, then I will gladly eat my words.....But in my 64 years of life, I've seen hype and only disappointments year after year. I see nothing to talk hype about just yet until the season starts. 12-0 is possible but not likely.

Your crazy as if you think we only gonna win 1 SEC game. I see 8-4 a real possibility. We not losing to Kentucky this year nor Missouri, and USC. We will give Florida and Ole Miss all the want and possiblyo win those. The only 2 longs shots I see on this schedule is Bama and UGA. And Bama has always had trouble with the spread up tempo offense.

UK, Missouri, and USC are all three realistic losses. We probably go 1-2 in those three games

Reactions: knoxvol16
Or a 3-9 schedule. This team will struggle a lot and has even less depth than before. The roster is nowhere close to SEC caliber and has no depth. I'd prepare for the top teams in SEC to be 3-5 touchdowns better than the Vols and for the Vols to stuggle to compete for the bottom spots of the SEC for at least another season. Sorry, I hate it, but just reality.....
your reality. they havent even played yet lol.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
It may be a 9-3 schedule but it is definitely not a 9-3 team. The realistic range is 3-5 wins with 4 being most likely and 6 as the absolute ceiling. This team has very few players who would even be on the field at any upper tier P5 conference team. Add in a new scheme on both sides of the ball that causes growing pains for even. talented team and you have a real recipe for disaster.

On defense:
--An inexperience DL with little SEC talent and less depth. NO proven speed rusher
--An OVC level LB corps
--No shutdown corner and a lack of overall speed in the DB

On offense:
--Still having 4 QBs in the mix for starter means there is no real SEC level QB on the roster
--No homerun RB. None of them could break a long run against the defense on the field in the spring game
--No proven playmakers at WR
--OL is best unit on team and only 1 or 2 of them would be in the 2 deep of any of the top 5 or 6 SEC teams
--Bright spot on the offense is Guarantano is gone.

Recruiting 3 stars is not gonna get this turned around any time soon either. There are a lot of delusional fans who need to come to grips that the Tennessee Football program cannot get much lower than it is now......but, they seem determined to get it lower.

Really not being a naysayer here gang, but with everything from coaches to ballboys to QBs to RBs to DL to ILB to virtually everything being brand new, in my wildest dreams I cannot fathom 9-3 logically. Everyone and every Defensive and Offensive scheme are 100% untested, so while unbridled optimism is wonderful, can it really be anything more than that?

Reactions: Backwards K
The question is not if this is a 9-3 SCHEDULE, it is whether this is a 9-3 TEAM - and to that question, I do not yet have an answer. Anything I would say right now is merely based on hope not prescience.

Reactions: 89 VOLS grad
It's an 8 win schedule with a competent staff even with the roster we have.
Idk. I want to see how the defense comes together. I honestly would love to see 8 wins. Easy schedule but I have no idea this year what to expect. I do think we see a more competent and productive offense at least. Defensively we’re just so thin idk what we’re going to do.

no we dont. only one of them have a qb...
UK and Mizzou aren’t definite losses but we will likely be at least a TD underdog to both since they are road games. Right now we are probably a slight favorite against SC but mostly on the basis of it being a home game, since both teams have a lot of unknowns at this stage.

1-2 in those games is the most likely outcome IMO

Why can’t we play Kentucky when they’re running at Keeneland? who tf wants to go to Lexington in November? Let one of the teams from the west play them then

First week of November ain't bad.

UK, Missouri, and USC are all three realistic losses. We probably go 1-2 in those three games
Maybe 2-1 at the least with a possible 3-0. Missouri isn’t that good, and USC also has a first year coach also that has less talent than we do. We have more talent than USC and Missouri. Kentucky is a 50-50 game in my opinion.

While I may disagree with him/her and I certainly hope that you are correct, to call the man or woman “crazy” given our recent history and current situation may be a little strong. Pessimistic or Nega may apply but he/she definitely ain’t crazy.

Reactions: VolMarine1371
The achilles heel of the fast paced throw on every play offense is the defense. They will be on the field twice as long as the offense, which means they would need a lot of depth to be competitive. This defense is strung together with chicken wire. We will be a lot like Ole Miss last year if the coach lives up to his offensive billing. Score a lot of points, give up a lot of points. Against the top SEC teams delete the score a lot of points part.

Reactions: Catbone

VN Store

Back