What’s your favorite game you’ve attended post-Fulmer era

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Obviously Tennessee has its history with classic games, but speaking strictly the games after 2007 when we began our downhill trajectory, we have still had some really good games that were a blast to attend.

My #1 is obviously 2016 Florida, but 2015 Georgia needs it’s due credit as well. We had been knocking on the door of upsetting them for 3 straight years, but this one just felt off to me. I remember walking to the stadium thinking we just didn’t stand a chance, and getting beat like a drum for most of the first half until we turned on the juices. That upset felt like we had finally turned the corner.

I’ll also mention 2015 Oklahoma was the best atmosphere I’ve ever experienced in Neyland. The crowd deserved a win that game.

2016 A&M game. Helluva game experience even with the annoying overglut of traditions. When you can be a fan on the wrong end of an epic game and leave the stadium liking the opposing fans, compliments are in order.

2016 A&M game. Helluva game experience even with the annoying overglut of traditions. When you can be a fan on the wrong end of an epic game and leave the stadium liking the opposing fans, compliments are in order.
I went to that game. Your comments are spot on. Kamera had a day there - sort of a coming out party. Would have loved to walk out with a W, but alas...
There have been many days like that - Mt. Cody, Florida 4th and 14, Gafney and I could go on and on. The only game I can think of that went wrong for the other team was the "Dobbnail boot" at Georgia. If the law of averages is still being enforced, we are due to have the other team get a bad bounce somewhere down the road.

Reactions: butchna
Josh Dobbs final home game in Neyland against Mizzou in 2016. Threw for 200, rushed for 200 including a 70 yard td where he outran the entire Mizzou secondary even at an angle, 5 total tds. Kongbo sealed the deal with a 60 yard pic 6

Reactions: gnm53108 and TC 83
A toss-up between either a Kiffin led 2009 Tennessee beat down of Georgia or a Butch led 2016 Tennessee beat down of Florida.....both were damn good ass-whoopin's!!!

Reactions: TC 83
A toss-up between either a Kiffin led 2009 Tennessee beat down of Georgia or a Butch led 2016 Tennessee beat down of Florida.....both were damn good ass-whoopin's!!!

I was at 2009 Georgia. My girlfriend was a student so I got to experience that game in the student section, I’ve never been part of such rowdy fans. That was a blast.

I know they lost, but the Oklahoma game was the craziest I’ve ever seen Neyland. Literally no one around me sat down the entire game.

Same. I remember the team coming out that second half and I didn’t have an ounce of nerves. I was just super hype to watch us continue to school them in the ways of big boy football.

But it was like we shut our playbook down. Run up the middle x3, punt it away, over and over and over. Butch wanted to sit on the lead and play safe. Me and the fans all around me were getting beyond frustrated. Then Mayfield took the game over, we couldn’t believe what we were watching.

Reactions: jarnol32
Josh Dobbs final home game in Neyland against Mizzou in 2016. Threw for 200, rushed for 200 including a 70 yard td where he outran the entire Mizzou secondary even at an angle, 5 total tds. Kongbo sealed the deal with a 60 yard pic 6

I remember it turned very cold at halftime.

'15 OU- great atmosphere
'15 UGA- great comeback
'16 Battle at Bristol- great atmosphere
'16 UF- great comeback
'16 aTm- another great atmosphere

I was at the Dobbs Hail Mary game vs UGA and the 2016 Florida game. One of those 2 for sure I can’t decide.

2009 Georgia and 2016 Florida. Honorable mention to the first 3 quarters of 2015 Oklahoma, Neyland was absolutely insane that day and I thought we were about to turn the corner and get back on track.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Florida 2016. I have never felt an extended period of pure euphoria like I did at that game. From the moment when we scored that first TD to make it 21-10, till the very end, it was like I was on a different planet. Every play was an exciting play. Not sure if I’ll ever experience that much continued joy ever again.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
Florida 2016. I have never felt an extended period of pure euphoria like I did at that game. From the moment when we scored that first TD to make it 21-10, till the very end, it was like I was on a different planet. Every play was an exciting play. Not sure if I’ll ever experience that much continued joy ever again.
I attended the UCLA vs Tennessee in Memphis when UCLA was #1 and we beat them. Great game do not remember the Year. early in the 60's...

Reactions: VolFaninFla
2009 Georgia and 2016 Florida. Honorable mention to the first 3 quarters of 2015 Oklahoma, Neyland was absolutely insane that day and I thought we were about to turn the corner and get back on track.

Sadly, that ballgame was lost in the 1st quarter when Butch kicked a field goal on 4th and a foot. It was only a matter of time. When TK Jr. intercepted a pass in the 3rd QTR and fell to his knees instead of an easy pick 6, that sealed the deal. Cluster Fark after that.

Kiffin Halloween night....most hype beatdown ever. Volwalk was awesome and the bus was rocking.

Florida 2016. The ultimate variance of emotions. At half I was thinking “good chance I’m leaving early” and “Jones is worthless”. Half way into 3rd Qtr, I’m thinking “They’re gonna win this SOB”. It was a great day.

I was right about Jones thou.

2015 Oklahoma was far and away the best home game I've been to in decades, even if we butched up on the finish. I don't know what it would take to see Neyland ever that hot again -- I don't even know if it ever will be that hot again. Just electric. The atmosphere at Bristol was cool too, but 2015 Oklahoma was bedlam. That crowd tried so hard to will that team to the win. So much pent up desire to see the Vols whip somebody worth a damn.

2015 Oklahoma was far and away the best home game I've been to in decades, even if we butched up on the finish. I don't know what it would take to see Neyland ever that hot again -- I don't even know if it ever will be that hot again. Just electric. The atmosphere at Bristol was cool too, but 2015 Oklahoma was bedlam. That crowd tried so hard to will that team to the win. So much pent up desire to see the Vols whip somebody worth a damn.

It was an awesome atmosphere. Only thing to me comparable is ND in 1990. Butch screwed the game on first drive taking Hurd out on 3rd down and not going for a TD on 4th. I knew then we were screwed on coaching.

Reactions: Voltopia

VN Store

Back