What’s your favorite game you’ve attended post-Fulmer era

Post Fulmer
2009 - Georgia
2009 - SC, Halloween game
2016 - Florida
2016 - Georgia

For me, there are two honorable mentions. 2015 OU was best atmosphere since 2004 Florida but a loss. 2016 Bristol attendance blew out of the water any Big House’s claim about large crowd attendance.

2016 A&M game. Helluva game experience even with the annoying overglut of traditions. When you can be a fan on the wrong end of an epic game and leave the stadium liking the opposing fans, compliments are in order.

concur. had a tremendous time even with a loss, expected it going in so disappointment was not great. Enjoyed everything about College Station.

Reactions: butchna
2015 Oklahoma was far and away the best home game I've been to in decades, even if we butched up on the finish. I don't know what it would take to see Neyland ever that hot again -- I don't even know if it ever will be that hot again. Just electric. The atmosphere at Bristol was cool too, but 2015 Oklahoma was bedlam. That crowd tried so hard to will that team to the win. So much pent up desire to see the Vols whip somebody worth a damn.
This all day. I've been to many games at Neyland since 2000, but that Oklahoma game was on an entirely different level. Just sheer noise and insanity from pre-game to 2OT. Crowd deserved player of the game that day.

I didn’t attend the game but I’ll never forget the Dobbs Hail Mary game in Athens…I was supposed to go to a wedding and as the time got closer to leave the game got better and better. I kept telling my wife, “Just a minute…” she finally yelled at me, slammed the door and left…when she returned she expected me to be apologetic but I just told her it was the greatest game I had ever seen and I was very happy I missed the wedding…she has finally gotten over it but anytime she has brought it up over the years I just have the biggest smile on my face and start talking about how great that game was and how I’m so glad I didn’t go to the wedding…

Tennessee vs Alabama - October 1982 - Johnny Majors beat Bear Bryant 35 to 28...the last season that Bryant coached.

Was at the TN vs Kentucky game when we stopped the quarterback on the last play of the game. It was awesome.

Reactions: Voltopia
1990 Tennessee ND game. Even tho is was a loss for the Vols. The roster of both teams on both sides of the ball was a who's who of college at the time.

Best games I attended:
Post Fulmer: 2016 Florida game
All time: 98 Florida, 2000 Florida game (Vols 45-3), 95 Bama (Birmingham), 85 Auburn game (Bo quit) 97 SECCG vs Auburn (played terrible but it ended well). I was at the 90 ND game and the 15 OU game, they just ended wrong.

None! The day he got fired was the death of Tennessee football…

Actually it was on life support when he got fired. but everything that has happened since has been like watching the program act like a manic depressive idiot who needs to be on suicide watch 24/7.

2016 Florida.
Stop here the rest is jibber jabber.

My wife was expecting # 4 or 5(We both had 1 already from previous marriage.) and I was allowed to have an input on the name. My only suggestion was the child to have VOL as initials. She did a great job on delivering me a VOL baby. It was hot and crowded but once we started scoring I didn’t mind so much.

When my Vol baby gets married I expect his last initial to be either L or S(Hyphenated). Her nickname is Roughhouse McGoo. It’s funny because her Little Sissy that’s older her is Roughhouse McGee. It would surprise me if she ended up either one. Those two are constantly roughhousing each other over which one is McGee and which one is McGoo. No telling how many times I’ve heard, “No, I’m McGoo.” rapid fire back and forth. My wife blames me for that, I am smart enough not to deny that fact, but always do.

When you say your prayers, pray for Mrs. Iam4utalways.

2009 vs Georgia was most exciting game I ever witnessed live. Was also the game when most of us in attendance thought Eric Berry broke the interception record.

09 vs Georgia. Went to 3 that year including UCLA and the black jersey game.

Kiffins only year vs. WKU led by Bobby Petrino. It was my sons first game and the last game my Dad attended. It was a great day.

Petrino was coaching at Arky when Kiffin was here. Petrino was the WKU coach in 2013 when Lyle and Worley waxed em.

Last edited:
1990 Tennessee ND game. Even tho is was a loss for the Vols. The roster of both teams on both sides of the ball was a who's who of college at the time.
If Tennessee hadn’t blown the Alabama game, the ND contest would have been #1 vs #2, which would have been Arguably the biggest game in neyland history.

2015-OU game, Neyland was as raucous as I’ve ever heard. Should have won
2016-A&M game. Had a blast at College Station. I think Aggies were shocked at how well Vols travel and they also were extremely lucky, as many said walking out to us. Kamara was beast mode. Fun game

VN Store

Back